Napoleon (In Theaters)

But if you walk in with no expectations... you might find you enjoy it very much... as a movie, and not what it could have been.

But I haven't seen it yet - so what do I know?

That's basically how I'd look at it. I haven't seen it either.

But I won't go to a movie theater to watch a movie anyway. I'd end up choking the ever living shit out of some popcorn chomper or Milk Duds lip smacker. No couth whatoever. That shit induces a righteous anger in me, fo realz, man. So I'd wait for a digital release of some sort.

I actually really enjoyed the movie. I thought it was very well done. It did have it's flaws I admit, but overall I loved it and would recommend it

Well it is my turn to choose.
Pay the $20 stream rent or not. I want to see it. But like I said, critics have not been kind. And a lot of audience members have not been very kind either.
Ugh. If I can't find anything else this weekend - I might.

Well it is my turn to choose.
Pay the $20 stream rent or not. I want to see it. But like I said, critics have not been kind. And a lot of audience members have not been very kind either.
Ugh. If I can't find anything else this weekend - I might.
It was interesting and more bang for the bucks than most Costume period pieces that cost a fortune .

It was interesting and more bang for the bucks than most Costume period pieces that cost a fortune .
It cost over $200 million to make... and it tanked at the theatres pretty bad.
Lot of factors in that...
1) It is damn long. That deters a lot of people.
2) Gen Z is not interested in history.
3) The trailer is a poor representation of the film in that the movie has a fair amount of comedy.. but that wasn't expected by audience members, so what people thought it was vs. what it is - didn't pan out.
4) Critic reviews have sucked. Seems like almost no critics REALLY liked it, they may have gave it a thumbs up - but it was a tentative one, and they said so.

All of this is what I have gleaned.

It cost over $200 million to make... and it tanked at the theatres pretty bad.
Lot of factors in that...
1) It is damn long. That deters a lot of people.
2) Gen Z is not interested in history.
3) The trailer is a poor representation of the film in that the movie has a fair amount of comedy.. but that wasn't expected by audience members, so what people thought it was vs. what it is - didn't pan out.
4) Critic reviews have sucked. Seems like almost no critics REALLY liked it, they may have gave it a thumbs up - but it was a tentative one, and they said so.

All of this is what I have gleaned.
I really liked how it showed how he was above execution or Prison , even then they knew he was a force of nature . The ending was like “ The Godfather “ ending in a way

It is now "free" on Apple + - we are going to watch it tonight.
From what I have read here and reviews online, I am going to approach watching it with curbed expectations.
I hope we at least enjoy it.

It was Art and it had Historic interludes , and dug deep in fleshing out the Mans power over his troops and people .

What a colossal waste.
It is as if Scott was tasked with making a movie about Napoleon, but didn't want to... so he instead made it about his relationship with Josephine and tossed in a couple-short interludes of battle scenes with no context to make it look like that is what he was doing.

What a lousy piece of work pretending to be a movie.
We didn't even finish it.

1) It should be named Napoleon and Josephine... because that is the story being told. And they didn't even tell that very well.
2) The battle scenes are done poorly, there is little to no point of reference in what is even going on.
3) The story of Napoleon's amazing rise to power and military accomplishments are NOT told in this movie. The movie lacks any direction or reason for having been made. Like I said, it is as if Scott was forced to make a movie he didn't want to make, so he just went through the motions of doing it.

AVOID THIS MOVIE

Last edited:
What a colossal waste.
It is as if Scott was tasked with making a movie about Napoleon, but didn't want to... so he instead made it about his relationship with Josephine and tossed in a couple-short interludes of battle scenes with no context to make it look like that is what he was doing.

What a lousy piece of work pretending to be a movie.
We didn't even finish it.

1) It should be named Napoleon and Josephine... because that is the story being told. And they didn't even tell that very well.
2) The battle scenes are done poorly, there is little to no point of reference in what is even going on.
3) The story of Napoleon's amazing rise to power and military accomplishments are NOT told in this movie. The movie lacks any direction or reason for having been made. Like I said, it is as if Scott was forced to make a movie he didn't want to make, so he just went through the motions of doing it.

AVOID THIS MOVIE
I tell folks to AVOID the movie “ HEAT “ and if you watch it it is a bad decision in my viewpoint

Many people are saying don't watch 'Night Country' in the Faro series.

Although there are some major flaws in the outdoors material culture of the western and northern slopes of Alaska, the story remains compelling and gripping.

Watch it!

I tell folks to AVOID the movie “ HEAT “ and if you watch it it is a bad decision in my viewpoint
Heat is two movies... kind of.
Movie 1 is a bad cop movie played by Al Pacino, which he does a cheesy job of playing.
Movie 2 is the "bad guys" movie starring DeNiro and Kilmer.

"Movie 2" is soooo much better than 'Movie 1", but you have to slog through the cheesy Pacino parts to watch the better DeNiro/Kilmer parts.

I’m watching “ Halo season 1 “ and Sexy Beast ( The Series ) , Constellation and and finishing Masters of the Air and finished “Silo”

I’m
Movie 1 is a bad cop movie played by Al Pacino, which he does a cheesy job of playing.

"Movie 2" is soooo much better than 'Movie 1", but you have to slog through the cheesy Pacino parts to watch the better DeNiro/Kilmer parts.
talking about the Val Kilmer one .

Kilmer is outstanding in that role. So was Ashley Judd as his wife. I don't think Pacino and De Niro played their roles well at all. They just did stereotypes of themselves.

Forum List

Back