Napoleon (In Theaters)

Kilmer is outstanding in that role. So was Ashley Judd as his wife. I don't think Pacino and De Niro played their roles well at all. They just did stereotypes of themselves.
Kilmer was the star in that show no doubt.
DeNiro was decent, not as bad as Pacino was.

I was looking forward to this movie as soon as I heard about it earlier this year.

It's been a huge disappointment. Out of the two hour and forty minute length, more than half is spent on Napoleon's relationship with Josephine. I mean, who gives a shit? What a tremendous waste of time.

The battle scenes are short, historically inaccurate, and mostly closeups of a bunch of guys snarling and slashing. And we're supposed to believe Boney gave battle orders with a nod of the head.

The movie jumps several years at a time and provides no historical background for the unfolding events. Nor does it get into Napoleon's strategies in key battles.

It's not even a good love story.

I thought it was terrible. But I knew it would be.

Sorry folks, but Joaquin couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag. Why oh why does he get roles....

Negative.

I think good actors are good actors.

I think people who just play themselves in movies are not good actors , much less actors at all.

If you want a spoiled and mentally unstable weirdo Joaquin's your guy.
Charles Bronson was a good actor , Walter pigeon Played himself , Lee Marvin was a good actor John Wayne Played himself , Actors like Walken & Brando played Themselves , Actors like Jeff Bridges and Jodie Foster are top tier

Negative.

I think good actors are good actors.

I think people who just play themselves in movies are not good actors , much less actors at all.

If you want a spoiled and mentally unstable weirdo Joaquin's your guy.
Shia Lebouf 😆🤣😝 is mentally unstable ( But I see at least 2-4 Oscar Nominations in his career )

Lebouf is probably one of the much more borderline personalities in show business, but, yes, he can act.

Wayne acted himself and was great.

Tom Hanks could act any role, I think, and is marvelous.

Jeremy Irons has long had top tier chops , great performers of the past ( Shelly Winters ) ( Red Buttons ) ( Jonathan Winters ) have their modern Counterparts ( ( Kathy Bates ) comes to mind

Forum List

Back