NBA Playoffs

Cavs, Raptors in the Eastern Conference Finals. The Warriors and the Spurs is the Western Conference Finals.

The Cavs over the Raptors, the Spurs over the Warriors.

Spurs over the Cavs.
Who was it that said the finals were a foregone conclusion? If I would have told you okc would be up 2-1 on golden state you would have laughed.

I said years ago Durant was destined to be great but then last year they didn't even make the playoffs. I basically forgot how much I love Durant. He's better than curry

Memphis led GS 2-1 last year. One game does not a series make.

Durant is a good player. I'll take the NBA champions until they lose. After the first game everyone said OKC, after game 2, everyone saw a dominant GS team and said they would win, today we are now back to OKC winning it.
I hope Durant wins a championship. I wanted him to beat lebron when he had harden but they couldn't get past the spurs. The next year they didn't do it and last year they didn't even make the playoffs so I sort of forgot about them. I think everyone did. No one saw this coming. But I said years ago Durant was going to win multiple rings. I never dreamed golden state would do it before.

This is the matchup I've been waiting for. Durant vs lebron. I think Durant wins

Cavs, Raptors in the Eastern Conference Finals. The Warriors and the Spurs is the Western Conference Finals.

Spurs over the Cavs.
Who was it that said the finals were a foregone conclusion? If I would have told you okc would be up 2-1 on golden state you would have laughed.

I said years ago Durant was destined to be great but then last year they didn't even make the playoffs. I basically forgot how much I love Durant. He's better than curry

Durant is a good player. I'll take the NBA champions until they lose. After the first game everyone said OKC, after game 2, everyone saw a dominant GS team and said they would win, today we are now back to OKC winning it.
I hope Durant wins a championship. I wanted him to beat lebron when he had harden but they couldn't get past the spurs. The next year they didn't do it and last year they didn't even make the playoffs so I sort of forgot about them. I think everyone did. No one saw this coming. But I said years ago Durant was going to win multiple rings. I never dreamed golden state would do it before.

This is the matchup I've been waiting for. Durant vs lebron. I think Durant wins

The way OKC is playing i think they could beat the Cavs in a 7 game series. OKC made the right move getting Billy Donovan.

I might have spoken to soon. OKC is taking their foot off the pedal.
It is very hard to repeat. Only really great teams do it. I told you golden state couldn't beat the 95 bulls. You got to admit you were wrong. Unless golden state comes back???

A little adversity always wakes this team up. They may sweep the next 4 games to be honest.
---
Sweep next 4 games? Unlikely, esp in OK city.
The Dubs played 2nd half like they were out of steam. Bored or tired?
I change my prediction.
OKC in 7, if not 6.

They lost because retarded Steve Kerr left curry on the bench too long when the score was.88-88
Is that why they lost tonight? Or maybe this year is going to be like when Brady had a perfect season but lost to eli Manning and the NY giants in the Superbowl.

Do you think okc will beat Cleveland? I do.

It wouldn't surprise me to see GS knocked out in round 2 since they need 3's to go in so they can WIN

That's not championship basketball to me
It must be championship basketball. Thats how they won the championship last year.
They beat the bulls record and still guys like me and fbj are busting their balls? Man are we haters. But then if we are, so are the Bulls because they say if they played this Golden State Warriors team they would have swept them. And I tend to believe that is true. This isn't a great team. This is a pretty damn good offensive team but not the greatest. They broke the Bulls record but that was this year against this weak ass competition. Only other good team out there is the Spurs.

And I hated the Bulls, so it isn't like I'm a partial Bulls fan. I'm not. In fact I hated the Bulls but don't hate Golden State. If Golden State wins another championship then I'll start to hate them.
They can say what they want to. I say I bet a million dollars if the Dubs played the members of the 95 Bulls right now the Dubs would sweep them. Dubs tend to get people that dont know basketball saying they are only an offensive team. Thats not true. The Suns with Nash were a purely offensive team. Dubs have some of the best defense I have seen outside of some of the Spurs teams, Bad boy Detroit teams, and those 95 Bulls.
Okc scored 118 on your dubs.

Still think the dubs beat the bulls? No fucking way

Spurs over the Cavs.

The way OKC is playing i think they could beat the Cavs in a 7 game series. OKC made the right move getting Billy Donovan.
I forgot okc made the finals a few years ago and lost to lebron and the heat. So this will be the 2nd time okc makes the finals. Pisses me off curry got a ring before Durant.

I'm glad Durant is relevant again. He's the second best player in the nba

Spurs over the Cavs.

Golden State only won last year because every team they played in the playoffs had lots of injuries.

the Old Guy network, all the way back to Oscar Robertson, who revels in dissing the contemporary game in comparison to the classic one, and especially from loyal defenders of the Michael Jordan generation.

Curry — fabulous shotmaker that he is — has also been the beneficiary of a sport gone soft. With all due respect, they say, he couldn’t do what he has done in the era of hand-checking.

Earlier this season, Isiah Thomas said, “Right now, perimeter defense in the N.B.A. is kind of the worst I’ve ever seen, an absolute joke.” More recently, Gary Payton wondered how it was possible that Curry could be a unanimous M.V.P. when Jordan never was.

Charles Barkley, Jordan’s inept golfing partner, weighed in by saying: “People think us old guys hate when we talk about it. It has nothing to do with the Warriors’ greatness, LeBron’s greatness, but I’ve never seen the N.B.A. as bad as it is, and I’ve been saying it the last three or four years.”

Of course, that becomes an indirect indictment of the Warriors’ 73 victories, a commentary on the quality of their competition,

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/s...-oklahoma-city-thunder-nba-playoffs.html?_r=0

It wouldn't surprise me to see GS knocked out in round 2 since they need 3's to go in so they can WIN

That's not championship basketball to me
It must be championship basketball. Thats how they won the championship last year.
They beat the bulls record and still guys like me and fbj are busting their balls? Man are we haters. But then if we are, so are the Bulls because they say if they played this Golden State Warriors team they would have swept them. And I tend to believe that is true. This isn't a great team. This is a pretty damn good offensive team but not the greatest. They broke the Bulls record but that was this year against this weak ass competition. Only other good team out there is the Spurs.

And I hated the Bulls, so it isn't like I'm a partial Bulls fan. I'm not. In fact I hated the Bulls but don't hate Golden State. If Golden State wins another championship then I'll start to hate them.
They can say what they want to. I say I bet a million dollars if the Dubs played the members of the 95 Bulls right now the Dubs would sweep them. Dubs tend to get people that dont know basketball saying they are only an offensive team. Thats not true. The Suns with Nash were a purely offensive team. Dubs have some of the best defense I have seen outside of some of the Spurs teams, Bad boy Detroit teams, and those 95 Bulls.
Would okc beat the 95 bulls? Give me a break.
The way they are playing now? Absolutely. There is no one on that Bulls team that can stop Westbrook.
You guys seem stunned I've been waiting for your expertice because clearly none of us know shit.

Did you win your NCAA bracket this year? Me neither.

Seriously why so quiet about this upset?

Spurs over the Cavs.

Golden State only won last year because every team they played in the playoffs had lots of injuries.

the Old Guy network, all the way back to Oscar Robertson, who revels in dissing the contemporary game in comparison to the classic one, and especially from loyal defenders of the Michael Jordan generation.

Curry — fabulous shotmaker that he is — has also been the beneficiary of a sport gone soft. With all due respect, they say, he couldn’t do what he has done in the era of hand-checking.

Earlier this season, Isiah Thomas said, “Right now, perimeter defense in the N.B.A. is kind of the worst I’ve ever seen, an absolute joke.” More recently, Gary Payton wondered how it was possible that Curry could be a unanimous M.V.P. when Jordan never was.

Charles Barkley, Jordan’s inept golfing partner, weighed in by saying: “People think us old guys hate when we talk about it. It has nothing to do with the Warriors’ greatness, LeBron’s greatness, but I’ve never seen the N.B.A. as bad as it is, and I’ve been saying it the last three or four years.”

Of course, that becomes an indirect indictment of the Warriors’ 73 victories, a commentary on the quality of their competition,

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/s...-oklahoma-city-thunder-nba-playoffs.html?_r=0

I don't know of too many past greats that could hit the three like Curry. The game has changed and comparing era's is impossible.

The Warriors need to win it all or the 73 is nothing but a footnote.

Curry is hurt and that is changing the Warriors game, not sure what the injury is but he is hurt.

I don't know of too many past greats that could hit the three like Curry. The game has changed and comparing era's is impossible.

The Warriors need to win it all or the 73 is nothing but a footnote.

Curry is hurt and that is changing the Warriors game, not sure what the injury is but he is hurt.
He's certainly not playing like he did all year.

You know who's hurt?

The way they are playing now? Absolutely. There is no one on that Bulls team that can stop Westbrook.
You guys seem stunned I've been waiting for your expertice because clearly none of us know shit.

Trying to figure out whats different. I watched the game and i saw OKC stuff the first, second, and sometimes the third option on almost every play the Dubs ran. Then on offense I saw discipline for the most part. I also see Billy Donovan handing Kerr his ass. Something is off about Curry too. He doesnt look like he is injured but he is not moving like he normally does.

Trying to figure out whats different. I watched the game and i saw OKC stuff the first, second, and sometimes the third option on almost every play the Dubs ran. Then on offense I saw discipline for the most part. I also see Billy Donovan handing Kerr his ass. Something is off about Curry too. He doesnt look like he is injured but he is not moving like he normally does.
I was expecting OKC to win championships after the Spurs got old. I didn't see Golden State coming. OKC went to the finals in 2012 and they will go again this year. Golden State reminds me of the Houston Rockets back when Michael Jordan retired for 3 years. They were just in the right place and the right time. I think in the next 10 years OKC will dominate the West and win more championships than Golden State. Another team Golden State reminds me of is the Dallas Mavs that won in 2011. One hit wonder.

But what shocks me is that Golden State was good enough after winning last year to break MJ's record. I thought for sure they would repeat. But that's how good Durant and Westbrook are. I didn't think OKC was deep enough but apparently they are.

Plus it's very hard to win 2 years in a row. What teams have done that? Not the Spurs. Miami did, Lakers did, Bulls Rockets Boston and Pistons have but that's about it. It's a very small club.

I was expecting OKC to win championships after the Spurs got old. I didn't see Golden State coming. OKC went to the finals in 2012 and they will go again this year. Golden State reminds me of the Houston Rockets back when Michael Jordan retired for 3 years. They were just in the right place and the right time. I think in the next 10 years OKC will dominate the West and win more championships than Golden State. Another team Golden State reminds me of is the Dallas Mavs that won in 2011. One hit wonder.

But what shocks me is that Golden State was good enough after winning last year to break MJ's record. I thought for sure they would repeat. But that's how good Durant and Westbrook are. I didn't think OKC was deep enough but apparently they are.

Plus it's very hard to win 2 years in a row. What teams have done that? Not the Spurs. Miami did, Lakers did, Bulls Rockets Boston and Pistons have but that's about it. It's a very small club.
OKC was always deep and talented enough. They just never had the discipline on offense and defense to get them over the hump. Looks like that has changed unless they fall apart these next 3 games.

Dubs survive to play another game. They won on sheer heart so there still are some issues. If OKC feels pressure to win this next game then they may make some mentally mistakes and lose again. if that happens the Dubs will pull it out.

Forum List

Back