NBC: legendary play-by-play Al Michaels - who will be the voice of Thursday Night Football on Amazon - named to emeritus role, will call playoff game

No biggie. Al Michaels is at the end of his life span, and NBC is looking to get a non-white man as the next big star for their Sunday night broadcast. NBC is not worried about Amazon's competition for Sunday Night, are they???

What are you thinking is so sinister?

No biggie. Al Michaels is at the end of his life span, and NBC is looking to get a non-white man as the next big star for their Sunday night broadcast.

What are you thinking is so sinister?
i think it's a good thing, actually...big respect

Fox Sports signing Tom Brady is big.

Way back when, and I think it was NBC, someone signed Joe Montana, and I remember the first time I heard him. I said to my buddies something to the effect that he doesn't speak well, and one my buddies said, "yeah, great quarterback, but lousy television analysis." And Montana was dropped - he could not do it.

I was surprised with Troy Aikman - I think he looks weird, but his speaking was clear and had good descriptions. And Tony Romo has been good, as well.

Derek Jeter, was a great baseball player, but is lousy speaker and person. It appears that he is an introvert. And that is probably what Montana is.

Alex Rodrigez great baseball player - good speaker.

And I am sure Tom Brady will be good. He has been doing a Monday night half time report on radio for many years now that I usually listen to while I am trolling the internet forums.

Forum List

Back