NC introduces bill to dictate medical decisions for people.

Van Duyn, who has a son on the autism spectrum, is one of three primary sponsors of the bill.

The sponsor is a special kind of stupid. Your son is Autistic so you want to force it on MORE kids...smart guy!

Same here. I can't remember last time I had a shot...been at least 20 years.

Kinda funny as you all have had polio and for those of us old enough, vaccines have been positives. All our grandkids have had them. As with many things for the right such as, the earth is round, germs are not the work of the devil, the earth rotates around the sun, global warming, Pollution, etc etc etc, dummies of the conservative bent will always be dummies, it's part of their character. Hard to change as posters on usmb prove daily if not hourly.

"The gullible rarely believe they are gullible and the closed-minded don’t believe they are closed-minded. The only hope of overcoming self-ignorance in such cases is to accept that other people – your co-workers, your spouse, your friends, [liberal posters] – probably know your intellectual character better than you do. But even that won’t necessarily help. After all, it might be that refusing to listen to what other people say about you is one of your intellectual character traits. Some defects are incurable."

"Closed-mindedness is one of the toughest intellectual vices to tackle because it is in its nature to be concealed from those who have it. And even if you somehow get the Olivers of this world to acknowledge their own vices, that won’t necessarily make things any better. Tackling one’s intellectual vices requires more than self-knowledge. You also need to be motivated to do something about them, and actually be able to do something about them."

"I want to argue for something which is controversial, although I believe that it is also intuitive and commonsensical. My claim is this: Oliver believes what he does because that is the kind of thinker he is or, to put it more bluntly, because there is something wrong with how he thinks. The problem with conspiracy theorists is not, as the US legal scholar Cass Sunstein argues, that they have little relevant information. The key to what they end up believing is how they interpret and respond to the vast quantities of relevant information at their disposal. I want to suggest that this is fundamentally a question of the way they are. Oliver isn’t mad (or at least, he needn’t be). Nevertheless, his beliefs about 9/11 are the result of the peculiarities of his intellectual constitution – in a word, of his intellectual character."

Intellectual character of conspiracy theorists Quassim Cassam Aeon

Forum List

Back