NE Patriots cheated their way to a Super Bowl

To summarize, the NFL had two air pressure gauges available at the game. One had a Wilson logo on the back and a long, crooked needle. The other did not have a Wilson logo, and a shorter, straighter needle.

The gauge with the logo and the longer needle generated higher measurements of the Patriots footballs at halftime, ranging from 0.3 PSI to 0.45 PSI higher for each of the 11 footballs. If that gauge — the one with the logo and the longer, crooked needle — were used to set the PSI for the balls before the game began, the measurements from that gauge are the right measurements to rely upon at halftime. And those measurements show that there was no tampering, because most of the footballs fell within the 11.52 to 11.32 PSI range for halftime, as predicted by the Ideal Gas Law.

Referee Walt Anderson didn’t clearly recall which gauge he used to set the pressure in the Patriots balls at 12.5 PSI before the game. Page 52 of the Wells report reveals that it was Anderson’s “best recollection” that he used before the game the gauge with the logo and the longer, crooked needle. In other words, Anderson recalls using the gauge before the game that, based on the halftime measurements, leads to a finding of no tampering.

Wells report disregards Anderson s best recollection on a key piece of evidence ProFootballTalk

In summary, the Wells report believed referee Walt Anderson about where the footballs for each team started (12.5 for patriots, 13 for Colts) despite the fact that no measurements were recorded and it's his "best recollection".

However, when that same referee says that he believed that his pregame measurements were made with the gauge that gave readings that would indicate NO INTENTIONAL TAMPERING, the Wells report decides that, in this case, his "best recollection" is wrong.

Also the you left out Minnesota.

As far as the rest of blather, that's all it is, go hate Brady and leave me out of it.

BTW, who is your favorite football team?

You wanted to continue with bring unrelated incidences to somehow normalize your hero Brady. There is no justification for his actions there is precedent for a consequence he did break a rule and he lied. Brady hate my eye, he is wrong in many ways.

My team are those who beat him twice in the SB, and when Belicheat was coach they won as well those wins should be investigated

I rooted for the Giants both times. I was especially happy with the win over the undefeated team Pats. My cousin was ticked off but it was extremely happy.

I still disagree and it doesn't matter the QB, the lying was the worst part, the act was $25,000. I expect the league to suspend Brady 4-16 games. Fair would be 1-3.

This doesn't rise to Rose, steroids, and PEDs. This is pine tar, heating footballs and getting caught with stickum. Which are fines. The lying I have an issue.

You don't seem to know what the punishment should be, so I have no idea why you keep going after me.

Of course anyone that listens to 911nutter, I don't expect a rational conversation.

I told you what the punishment should be . I am not the commissioner so I do not know what other interests he needs to serve with his decision. There is more than what we are seeing. I am happy he is outed as a cheater and a liar.The game was a playoff game and he lied so he could play in the SB the implication is unprecedented.

I am not going after you I am discussing feel free to leave the discussion anytime you wish.
Yes, your punishment was vague. You aren't discussing anything, you keep accusing me of siding on one side, I'm not. I like the Commissioner am looking at other types of violations and see where it fall. There are only two teams I hate worse than New England. Dallas and Seattle and I would take the same approach with them as I have with New England. It's a rule violation, the lying made it worse, it doesn't rise to the same level as PEDs or gambling on the sport.

I am not being vague I am saying there are many variable which I am unaware of such as what the other owners want, what do sponsors want from this and how this all plays out in a a consequence for Brady and possibly the Flats as a whole.. As a fan I am satisfied that Brady as well as the Flatriots were once again shown to be the cheaters and liars they are. I am more concerned with how this whole thing impacts a young person who looks up to Brady the Greatest QB in NFL history now more appropriately Brady "The Liar".

I like football what jersey a player wears is not as important was what he does on and off the field.

This lying and cheating involved a playoff game and SB and an investigation. Brady lied to the entire football world when he had a presser and spoke about Deflategate.

150508111201-brady-social-graphic-exlarge-169.jpg
pooper troll here doesnt get it that if rose has been banned from baseball for his actions OFF the field,then the NFL is a joke if they dont ban brady and belicheat from the football hall of fame for their actions ON THE FIELD for their lying.it will then become the hall of SHAME if they dont.

thats old news.they still have not announced how long it will be which i dont expect to be any longer than two games since Goodel-" easily the worst commissioner in NFL in their history by leaps and bounds." always has his head of krafts ass and plays favorites always letting them get away with outright murder.

The cheatriots and their apologists stringing this out is indeed cringe worthy now.

yes they are getting desperate now.what is sad is there are others who are not fans of the cheats who have come on and said what is the big deal.

I now understand why they are making that asinine statement though.they dont want to hear the truth that the cheatriots as an organization,have ruined a sport that is near and dear to them and dont want to deal with the fact this scandal rivals the black sox scandal as the worst scandal in sports history.

Baseball will forever be linked to the black sox scandal for them tarnishing the game and football now will forever be tarnished because this cheating scandal will forever be linked to football.

same as people always associate the name baseball with the black sox scandal,when they now hear the name football mentioned,this scandal will forever tarnish the name of football as well.:biggrin: thats an uncomfortable truth to many around here that are not patriot fans so they are obviously in denial mode.

Last edited:
You are deliberately omitting some important pieces to this situation: Brady lied.

Wait a second did you write your post or did Tom Brady.

I already said Brady needs suspended for lying, it is worse than the initial crime. What I find funny is San Diego lied and would not turn over the towels with the stickum on them and that isn't important to you, you fail to address what Minnesota did in December of the same season you are ripping another team for.

You are purposely ignoring other situations, similar or not and claiming I'm a Brady supporter for wanting to be fair. You hate Brady and the Patriots, I get it. Hate him all you want. I hate the Patriots but you assholes are absolutely off the hook.

This is a $25,000 fine and his lying is worth a suspension. But it isn't not even close to Pete Rose, it is more like George Brett.

Nah you got Bradyitis in your brain. This is what happened with the Chargers"The NFL found no competitive violation with the use of the towel and the Chargers were not fined for using the towel. The League has directed all clubs to not use the towel pending further notice. We are appealing the fine for failing to cooperate with a game official’s directive. Our staff member was unaware that the game official was trying to get his attention and he cooperated fully once he became aware."

"Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the fine was later overturned on appeal.

So the Chargers ultimately paid nothing. And they ultimately were found to be not guilty of any violation of the rules, since the fine came not from the use of the towel but from the failure to produce the towel quickly enough once suspicion arose."

Chargers ultimately prevailed in appeal of towel fine ProFootballTalk

They paid for not giving up the towel.
Chargers fined 20K for towel incident Fox News

Also the you left out Minnesota.

As far as the rest of blather, that's all it is, go hate Brady and leave me out of it.

BTW, who is your favorite football team?

You wanted to continue with bring unrelated incidences to somehow normalize your hero Brady. There is no justification for his actions there is precedent for a consequence he did break a rule and he lied. Brady hate my eye, he is wrong in many ways.

My team are those who beat him twice in the SB, and when Belicheat was coach they won as well those wins should be investigated

Its always fun watching you take pooper to school everyday.lol

What is always funny is seeing how many pages a week a board moron will add to a thread that only he looks at. Man a completely cumming all over the board about the Lambs moving to Lala land and then think anyone gives a fuck!

What is more amusing is the idiot claims the NFL games are all rigged and still is excited that a rigged team is going to Lala land.

Then he claims that teams are cheating in the rigged games! Now that shit is messed up.

911 fucker is a total nut job.

someone farted in here.^:9:
Troll bitch go shit storm another thread. You are a waste of bandwidth. You shit on threads over and over saying the same fucking thing, you got an original bone in your sorry ass body? How is Kroenke's cock tasting?

You going to continue to lie that you don't read my posts? :lmao: at least everyone else sees how you are exposed as the fucking dick you are.

The NFL is rigged remember? How can anyone cheat in a rigged league?

Your logic is nonexistent.

Here is an excellent video on it.this guy speaking in this video nailed it.He mentions a stat i was not aware of that the stats show that the patriots perform better in the rain than most other teams do and having a deflated ball is a huge advantage for a team playing in the rain..

Brady has small hands so thats a huge advantage for him

"Tom Brady and the New England Patriots cheated their way to a Super Bowl

You still want that apology, Robert Kraft? The one you’ve been smarmily waiting for since February, acting high and mighty in your two-toned shirts, certain that the New England Patriots had nothing to do with the Deflategate controversy and projecting such a confident air with your statements that there’s “no smoking gun,” leading most to believe that you knew something they didn’t — that the Wells Report was a witch hunt that would exonerate those always-honest Patriots?"
Tom Brady and the New England Patriots cheated their way to a Super Bowl For The Win

No surprises here. Cheaters gonna cheat, deflators gonna deflate

it just occured to me,thats really bad when USA TODAY a NATIONAL newspaper come out and said the franchise is tainted and stained.

this following other former NFL players saying brady is a liar.
:up::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Forum List

Back