Nearly 80% of people in Ontario jails awaiting bail or trial, new report finds

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
My fear is that the U.S will weaponize the police/justice system as we have here.

Ask 100 businesses if they are going to invest in Canada let alone Police State Ontario. Americas blind justice is a huge benefit to the nation and your economic future. Don't become the devil that some of your allies are.

It's the Minority Report in this province of false flag police. 51% Of these cases won't even be tried!

A new report says the crisis in Canada's bail system has worsened over the last decade, with more people in pre-trial custody and some spending weeks in detention before being released.

The report released Monday by the Canadian Civil Liberties Association says that by 2021-2022, the proportion of people in provincial and territorial jails who were awaiting bail or trial was more than 70 per cent — and nearly 79 per cent in Ontario.

That's compared with just over 54 per cent in 2014, when the association released its initial report on the issue.

The report says that while there are "clear timeframes" in the Criminal Code to ensure people don't "languish in pre-trial custody," as well as guidance from the Supreme Court of Canada on the matter, the ongoing strain on the court system contributes to major delays in the bail process.

The association says its research shows that on any given day, most cases in bail court are adjourned, often because the court ran out of time.

You can't get yours out, and we can't keep ours in!
The frightening aspect is that as I stated 51% of the cases won't even be tried. Plus how many others are innocent? Others still not even given prison time?

We have a Security Industrial Complex and a shortage of judges who can ensure the process is faster and/or fair and equal justice is applied.

I have only supported pre trial prison for the most heinous of crimes. Murder, attempted murder, kidnapping etc. We are bankrupting our nation and the world views us as some Third World despot. Especially in Ontario.

Forum List

Back