Nearly Half of Americans Changed Sports Viewing Habits Because Woke Social Justice

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
About 90% of those I know. Use to have season tickets to the Angels for years, watched every Rams then Chargers games for decades. Haven’t watched a top level pro game of any sport in over two years now.

About 90% of those I know. Use to have season tickets to the Angels for years, watched every Rams then Chargers games for decades. Haven’t watched a top level pro game of any sport in over two years now.

You nor I either, brother.

Fully anticipated. Another reminder that often those who are least aware of their surroundings are making decisions.

I've certainly cut down greatly on my interest in the NBA, assisted by the Raptors major drop off after winning the championship. I only watch hockey as I was raised on it and have been a die hard fan of the Leafs. Even that took a bit of a dip, but they are doing well, so they keep my interest.

In the past I would watch all sports and teams regarding of their success or not. With the pandemic and the political meddling of some sports leagues, I have far less interest in watching low I.Q millionaires trying to influence my beliefs, and worse, trying to alter my reality.

Fully anticipated. Another reminder that often those who are least aware of their surroundings are making decisions.

I've certainly cut down greatly on my interest in the NBA, assisted by the Raptors major drop off after winning the championship. I only watch hockey as I was raised on it and have been a die hard fan of the Leafs. Even that took a bit of a dip, but they are doing well, so they keep my interest.

In the past I would watch all sports and teams regarding of their success or not. With the pandemic and the political meddling of some sports leagues, I have far less interest in watching low I.Q millionaires trying to influence my beliefs, and worse, trying to alter my reality.
Not many protests in the NHL--wonder why that is. I think we all know deep down.

My friends have seasons tickets to the Raptors and the Blue Jays, plus we go to lots of tennis and figure skating. None of us are football fans, although I used to be a big NFL fan before I attended my first Blue Jays game at the Mistake by the Lake, Exhibition Stadium, in 1980.

None of us have been to any live events since the 2020 Canadian Figure Skating Championships in January of last year. All of us have cancelled trips to planned events, many of which involved travel, including a big meet-up with 30 friends from around the world, planned for Las Vegas in October of 2020 for Skate America. I had hopes of going to the French Open this year - it's on my bucket list, but that's not going to happen.

I barely watched any Jays games last year and have no idea where they finished or who won the World Series. I did watch the Super Bowl, but not any games, all season long.

I don't think you can properly assess the effect of Social Justice in sports based on the very atypical happenings of the past 18 months, when fans have effectively been locked out of pro sports, and any conclusions you might draw based on attendance or interest in last year's seasons are based on you projecting what you HOPE will happen in future.

As for ALL of my sports fan friends, we are practically climbing the walls, counting the days, weeks and hours until we can all got to a Blue Jays game, sit in the sunshine at the Skydome/Rogers Centre, and watch live baseball. Or go to the York University tennis centre, for the Roger's Cup. I just spent 5 days last week watching the World Figure Skating Championships from Stockholm with no audience, and a total bubble, and I can't wait to get my jab and be back sitting in the stands. Last year's Worlds was supposed to be in Montreal. I had tickets. It was cancelled.

Last edited:

Not many protests in the NHL--wonder why that is. I think we all know deep down.

There were some kneeling and teams who skipped a game and there is an obvious push by the NHL and broadcasters to speak about diversity etc. I'm not sure how effective this will be in Canada where everyone is broke and oppressed.

One other major reason for less protesting is that the NHL caters to an International audience, but, not so much China. We have many Russian players, Czechs, Swedes, Finns etc and they bring a fan base from their nations. These nations are not very receptive to the SJW messaging, in fact, they probably don't understand it nor care so much.

The George Floyd case is big in the U.S and Canada. It was promoted in England after it initially happened, otherwise, it's a case used by Americas enemies to paint America negatively.

I gave up the NBA because they politicized it so hard, it pissed me off since wanted to watch a BASKETBALL game, not the politics which can be found in proper arenas such a newspapers, forums and so on, but NOT in Entertainment!

Baseball is the only major sport I still have interest in, Football not much anymore, Hockey....?....... No WAY!

I quit watching nfl football which was the only sport I watched a couple years ago with the kneeling. Then Jerry Jones came out and said no kneeling on his team, so I started watching again. Then all the blm last year, I'm done. Even with college football, and I'm a lifelong Clemson fan. Didn't watch one game last season.

The Jacksonville Jaguars keep calling me to see if i am interested in season tickets. I asked if they could guarantee that their players wouldnt take a knee at the anthem, which they replied, they couldnt stop them.. I said i will keep my money....

There were some kneeling and teams who skipped a game and there is an obvious push by the NHL and broadcasters to speak about diversity etc. I'm not sure how effective this will be in Canada where everyone is broke and oppressed.

One other major reason for less protesting is that the NHL caters to an International audience, but, not so much China. We have many Russian players, Czechs, Swedes, Finns etc and they bring a fan base from their nations. These nations are not very receptive to the SJW messaging, in fact, they probably don't understand it nor care so much.

The George Floyd case is big in the U.S and Canada. It was promoted in England after it initially happened, otherwise, it's a case used by Americas enemies to paint America negatively.

God but you're so stupid and ill-informed, especially about all things Canadian. In particular the "broke and oppressed part". Canadians are getting $2000 per month, per working family member, plus $500 per child. That's $5000 per month for a family of 4.

I guess you never heard about PK Suban who is practically worshipped as a God in Montreal, or Pinball Clemmons who is working on behalf of BLM for the Toronto Argonauts Football Team, in Canada.

Asher Hill and Elladj Balde have formed an organization to deal with racial prejudice in figure skating, and are being significant public platforms to talk about it. Hill was a contestant on Battle of the Blades, last year, and Balde is the show's head choreographer, and also a judge this season. For Americans, this show teams up figure skating champions with hockey players, both men and women, to compete as figure skating teams.

I do have a single mother family member who is complaining bitterly about being "broke and oppressed" , and especially "controlled". Hell her rent is nearly $2000 a month, and she's had to go into debt to maintain her lifestyle. Her kids HATES elearning, and isn't doing well at it, but he hated going to school too, so there's that.

She told me how financially tough her life has been since she can't work, at the summer RV camp up at the lake last summer, where she had a sunroom built on her trailer. Annual cost for the lot at the RV park for the May - October annually - $3000. That's in addition to costs of maintaining a second home, 6 months of the year, or in her case, a 3rd home.

She is especially pissed about the "controlled" part. She's building a new house in Panama and was pissed she wasn't allowed to travel there. There were some legal papers she needed to sign and she made a break for it, spending a month at her place in Panama, returning home with a whole slew of Canadian neighbours who all came home the same day (the day before mandatory hotel quarantines started), and then spent the next quarantined together smoking pot, and partying at her house, not far from Toronto.

While I do sympathize with her economic losses, her continual whining about the government not doing enough to help her in her unemployment, it seems like she has significant resources of her own that nobody else in the family - the ones who are really having a tough time financially in the lockdowns are not facing, and really doesn't need all that much help anyway.

I'm finding I have a lot of money saved that I used to spend going to local events - church suppers, the local poker game, euchre tournaments, and community events like the Winona Peach Festival (I love peaches!!!!), or Canal Days in Port Colborne. Every little town in the area has a summer festival. They are drawing tourists and business from the cities. My friend is spending the cash she saved over the past year on new windows for her house.

They also function as a kind of "homecoming weekend" for former residents to return to their home towns. There are rides for the kids, crafts sales in the park, music at the local bandshells, and fireworks on Saturday night.

While we did mostly get a summer last year, you had to have access to a private beach to use Lake Eerie, where I live. The private RV camps were open to season pass holders and members of their immediate families only. As a parent of a season pass holder, I had access. But we only have access to one public beach in our county, and we weren't allowed to use the beaches in the neighbouring township, which is where most of us go to the beach, so I didn't go to that beach or patronize any its restaurants, all last summer.

Last edited:

God but you're so stupid and ill-informed, especially about all things Canadian. In particular the "broke and oppressed part". Canadians are getting $2000 per month, per working family member, plus $500 per child. That's $5000 per month for a family of 4.

I guess you never heard about PK Suban who is practically worshipped as a God in Montreal, or Pinball Clemmons who is working on behalf of BLM for the Toronto Argonauts Football Team, in Canada.

Asher Hill and Elladj Balde have formed an organization to deal with racial prejudice in figure skating, and are being significant public platforms to talk about it. Hill was a contestant on Battle of the Blades, last year, and Balde is the show's head choreographer, and also a judge this season. For Americans, this show teams up figure skating champions with hockey players, both men and women, to compete as figure skating teams.

I do have a single mother family member who is complaining bitterly about being "broke and oppressed" , and especially "controlled". Hell her rent is nearly $2000 a month, and she's had to go into debt to maintain her lifestyle. Her kids HATES elearning, and isn't doing well at it, but he hated going to school too, so there's that.

She told me how financially tough her life has been since she can't work, at the summer RV camp up at the lake last summer, where she had a sunroom built on her trailer. Annual cost for the lot at the RV park for the May - October annually - $3000. That's in addition to costs of maintaining a second home, 6 months of the year, or in her case, a 3rd home.

She is especially pissed about the "controlled" part. She's building a new house in Panama and was pissed she wasn't allowed to travel there. There were some legal papers she needed to sign and she made a break for it, spending a month at her place in Panama, returning home with a whole slew of Canadian neighbours who all came home the same day (the day before mandatory hotel quarantines started), and then spent the next quarantined together smoking pot, and partying at her house, not far from Toronto.

While I do sympathize with her economic losses, her continual whining about the government not doing enough to help her in her unemployment, it seems like she has significant resources of her own that nobody else in the family - the ones who are really having a tough time financially in the lockdowns are not facing, and really doesn't need all that much help anyway.

I'm finding I have a lot of money saved that I used to spend going to local events - church suppers, the local poker game, euchre tournaments, and community events like the Winona Peach Festival (I love peaches!!!!), or Canal Days in Port Colborne. Every little town in the area has a summer festival. They are drawing tourists and business from the cities. My friend is spending the cash she saved over the past year on new windows for her house.

They also function as a kind of "homecoming weekend" for former residents to return to their home towns. There are rides for the kids, crafts sales in the park, music at the local bandshells, and fireworks on Saturday night.

While we did mostly get a summer last year, you had to have access to a private beach to use Lake Eerie, where I live. The private RV camps were open to season pass holders and members of their immediate families only. As a parent of a season pass holder, I had access. But we only have access to one public beach in our county, and we weren't allowed to use the beaches in the neighbouring township, which is where most of us go to the beach, so I didn't go to that beach or patronize any its restaurants, all last summer.

You work for government in Canada or you are a broke sucker.

Canada has become a liability to the U.S and other allies, thanks to the creepy, unaccountable covert police. I can't even imagine how many top performing Canadians have left to assist China, often without even being aware, thanks to their opportunities and freedoms being limited in Canada.

I use to religiously watch NFL Football every Sunday/Mon Nite.
Did ever since I was a teenager, so damn near 40 years of it.
Use to also watch Chicago Cubs.
Also watched NCAA quite a bit.

Now... I haven't watched an NFL game in 2 years. It is kind of nice having Sundays free.
I haven't watched a full NCAA game in 2 years also. But that is mostly due to how the NCAA is becoming like watching the NBA - which I hate. (all individual show boating rather than team play)

So.... count me in. I don't wand a damn ounce of politics in sports. Not one damn second. So fuck them.

Why do these athletes make so much more than the average fan?

Why do these athletes make so much more than the average fan?
Income inequality....Why do athletes make so much more than the vendors who work for a lot less? Maybe they need to redistribute the wealth from the athletes to the vendors and make it fair wages. You know, $30,000 or $15 bucks an hour for all sporting venues...

Because they think black athletes are just suppose to keep their mouths shut and run the football or put that ball through the hoop. Or as Laura Ingraham says, "Just shut up and dribble".

I bet folks like you really loved Jim Brown, Muhammad Ali, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, etc.

Because they think black athletes are just suppose to keep their mouths shut and run the football or put that ball through the hoop. Or as Laura Ingraham says, "Just shut up and dribble".

I bet folks like you really loved Jim Brown, Muhammad Ali, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, etc.
Tell you what. One day if you finally find a job, start ranting politics on the job and watch what happens.

Forum List

Back