Nebraska Governor Approves New Keystone Route

And if you folks would, take a look at the Alberta Clipper pipeline issue.

Well it's not exactly an "issue" anymore because it was approved in 2009 by Obama, endorsed by the State Department, and bragged upon by Hillary what's-her-name.

Permit for Alberta Clipper Pipeline Issued

Very similar in scope and purpose as the Keystone XL. It crosses the U.S. border, traverses several U.S. states, and terminates at our refineries.

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.

Approval of the permit sends a positive economic signal, in a difficult economic period, about the future reliability and availability of a portion of United States’ energy imports, and in the immediate term, this shovel-ready project will provide construction jobs for workers in the United States.

So the jig is up. Nebraska governor approves. Also...

Baucus, Daines call for Obama to approve Keystone pipeline | Max Baucus | U.S. Senator from Montana

WASHINGTON - Democratic Sen. Max Baucus of Montana and nine other Democratic and Republican senators called Wednesday for President Barack Obama to approve the Keystone XL pipeline project now that Nebraska has approved an alternate route.

"No more excuses," Baucus said at a news conference. "It's time to put people to work." He was joined by senators from Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas, Alaska, West Virginia, Arkansas and Louisiana.

No more excuses, BITCHES.

It means American jobs if Obama chooses

And Canada's oil shale making it's way to China more cheaply?

You lost me. How will a Canadian oil pipeline to American refineries "make it's way to China"?
Because the Canadian oil that will be diverted from the American refineries in the Midwest will be sold overseas. All oil products refined in the Midwest can only be sold in the USA. Less Canadian oil will be available to the USA market causing higher prices for them here.

You lost me. How will a Canadian oil pipeline to American refineries "make it's way to China"?

American steel workers building the pipeline, American companies refining the oil....Use your friken head:eusa_eh:
American steel workers are only bending the pipes which are made in India by non-American steelworkers. Canadian oil, already refined in American refineries in the Midwest, will be diverted to the Gulf Coast so jobs in the Midwest will be diverted to the Gulf rather than creating NEW jobs.

Because the Canadian oil that will be diverted from the American refineries in the Midwest will be sold overseas. All oil products refined in the Midwest can only be sold in the USA. Less Canadian oil will be available to the USA market causing higher prices for them here.

Less Canadian oil? Well, let's just import more oil from elsewhere. Then it will be cheaper right? :lol:

ed you're such a loon.

American steel workers building the pipeline, American companies refining the oil....Use your friken head:eusa_eh:
American steel workers are only bending the pipes which are made in India by non-American steelworkers. Canadian oil, already refined in American refineries in the Midwest, will be diverted to the Gulf Coast so jobs in the Midwest will be diverted to the Gulf rather than creating NEW jobs.

Labor supports the pipeline... I wonder why:confused:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul_hT5txI-Q]America's Building Trades Support the Keystone XL Pipeline - YouTube[/ame]

So no one has a problem with a foreign owned company condemning private property of US citizens for their pipeline?

Less Canadian oil? Well, let's just import more oil from elsewhere. Then it will be cheaper right? :lol:

ed you're such a loon.
That's right, less Canadian oil FOR SALE in the USA. Canadian oil that is sold in the USA will cost $3.9 billion more, TransCanada's estimate. But you know this already as it was explained to you in detail in another thread just a few days ago, so stop playing dumb.

ed you're such a loon.
That's right, less Canadian oil FOR SALE in the USA. Canadian oil that is sold in the USA will cost $3.9 billion more, TransCanada's estimate. But you know this already as it was explained to you in detail in another thread just a few days ago, so stop playing dumb.

$3.9 billion more than what?

NYMEX is $20 below Brent, Canada is $50 below Brent. Do the math.

I'm not against this pipeline, if all the potential hazards are dealt with; then by all means.
But don't you for a moment think that the oil going through the pipeline will become gasoline that will go into your gas tank. It's going to the gulf refineries and then to a port for export, this is because the Canadian oil can't be exported for much of the year from Canadian ports. Those companies can fetch a much better price for their petrol and diesel than they can in the US. Just because the companies and refineries involved are in the US has little to do with where the end product is going. If they can fetch a better price for their oil derivatives outside the US, then they will sell it there.

And bravo to them for it. The quality of Canadian crude lends itself best to heavier "residual" type fuels. Diesel, heating oils, bunker fuels. These are in high demand overseas- not here at home. And yes they bring a higher price overseas.

We may not need this Canadian oil or its end products, but we sure as hell need jobs and hard cash. And that's what this project will bring.

The Keystone will also permit the dislodging of bloated inventories of domestic crude held in storage at various terminals in the midwest and near-west. It will increase marketing efficiencies and alleviate a long standing disparity in crude pricings in the U.S.

Many localized markets are receiving as much as $15/barrel below NYMEX because of these bottlenecks. This is as much an "infrastructure" project as anything.

And aren't Liberals braying for more efficient "infrastructure"?

That was one of the issues for the pipeline not being implemented. Truth is many people who support this Pipeline may not like some of it's results and some of it's results may not be fully understood yet.

I consider myself liberal... sort of, maybe more progressive... and again sort of.

ed you're such a loon.

But why is Canada tar oil $50 less?
They cannot export it except to a small part of the USA.
If the pipleine is done and they can export it....

ed you're such a loon.

Above the price they are selling it to us now. That's how TransCanada justified the pipeline to the regulators in their own country!!!
You just can't stop yourself from playing dumb.

Keystone XL is a tar sands pipeline to export oil out of the United States | Anthony Swift's Blog | Switchboard, from NRDC
When Canadian regulators at the National Energy Board (NEB) considered the Keystone XL proposal in 2008, they asked TransCanada to justify another pipeline when there was already so much spare capacity. TransCanada conceded that Keystone XL would take oil from existing pipelines, increasing shipping costs. However, TransCanada argued that this cost would be more than offset as shifting Canadian oil from the Midwest to the Gulf would increase the price that Americans paid for Canadian oil by $3.9 billion.

That is not true...I haul the pipe.

Republic tube, Atlas Tube, US Steel and a host of others make American Pipe.

US Steel, Texas

Last edited:

Above the price they are selling it to us now. That's how TransCanada justified the pipeline to the regulators in their own country!!!

Keystone XL is a tar sands pipeline to export oil out of the United States | Anthony Swift's Blog | Switchboard, from NRDC
When Canadian regulators at the National Energy Board (NEB) considered the Keystone XL proposal in 2008, they asked TransCanada to justify another pipeline when there was already so much spare capacity. TransCanada conceded that Keystone XL would take oil from existing pipelines, increasing shipping costs. However, TransCanada argued that this cost would be more than offset as shifting Canadian oil from the Midwest to the Gulf would increase the price that Americans paid for Canadian oil by $3.9 billion.

You're quoting a blog that references a 5 year old statement? Who's the dummy here?

Canadian oil is languishing in Midwest terminals along with millions of barrels of U.S. produced oil. As I've repeatedly stated, one of the benefits of this pipeline is to improve infrastructure and implement the more efficient movement of product.

It's not that it will be more expensive, the fact is that ALL crude at Midwest and near west terminals has been priced below market for decades. This pipeline will bring those markets up to parity with the rest of the country, and shrink that price spread between NYMEX and WTI.

I've studied this shit for years ed. I'm one of those U.S. producers that is market-locked because your shit for brains Obama has his thumb up his ass. I'm not playing dumb, I'm playing in the real world.

That is not true...I haul the pipe.

Republic tube, Atlas Tube, US Steel and a host of others make American Pipe.

US Steel, Texas
TransCanada says their steel will come from India and NORTH America. Canada is NORTH America. The bulk of their steel will come from India-based Welspun Corp Ltd, India’s second-biggest producer of pipes, and Moscow-based Evraz Plc, a Russian steelmaker, at its Canadian mills.

You're quoting a blog that references a 5 year old statement? Who's the dummy here?

Canadian oil is languishing in Midwest terminals along with millions of barrels of U.S. produced oil. As I've repeatedly stated, one of the benefits of this pipeline is to improve infrastructure and implement the more efficient movement of product.

It's not that it will be more expensive, the fact is that ALL crude at Midwest and near west terminals has been priced below market for decades. This pipeline will bring those markets up to parity with the rest of the country, and shrink that price spread between NYMEX and WTI.

I've studied this shit for years ed. I'm one of those U.S. producers that is market-locked because your shit for brains Obama has his thumb up his ass. I'm not playing dumb, I'm playing in the real world.
Thank you for finally admitting that the price will rise as a result of the Keystone XL pipeline.

Last edited:

Thank you for finally admitting that the price will rise as a result of the Keystone XL pipeline.

That's your perception. In reality, a supressed market is being corrected through physical allocation and efficient distribution. On both sides of the border.

Again, it's the real world ed.

I'm out 'till Sunday night (after the game :D). N-joy your exercise in mental masturbation.

That's your perception. In reality, a supressed market is being corrected through physical allocation and efficient distribution. On both sides of the border.

Again, it's the real world ed.

I'm out 'till Sunday night (after the game :D). N-joy your exercise in mental masturbation.
Whatever rationalization you give for the price increase, Canadian oil will cost the USA more money as a result of the Keystone XL pipeline, contrary to what the GOP and their CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood have been telling us.

February 01, 2013
RUSH: The Keystone pipeline would add to our domestic supply. It would help us with energy independence. It would help lower fuel prices. Why not do it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back