let us do away with olympics!

I`ve always enjoyed the Winter Olympics where we can watch events that we don`t normally see and there`s an element of danger. 3 year olds can run.

just a waste of money!

don't like them, do not watch them.

Seems so very simple yet you people can never grasp this concept

you are always trying to force your views on to everyone else

Cities are in competition to host the Olympics because of the money brought in. Seems hosting the Olympics is far from an expense. It is a money-making event. If you oppose your city making that money, you should talk to your city government.

I`ve always enjoyed the Winter Olympics where we can watch events that we don`t normally see and there`s an element of danger. 3 year olds can run.
There is an element of danger in any sport at the highest level.

And the country that "wins" that competition ends up at an enormous net loss $$$. Just watch what happens to CA four years from now.
You could be right. I just can't imagine why there is such stiff competition to host the games if there isn't some advantage to it. Not that I spend much time thinking about it. Seems just as silly to me that some cities spend millions of dollars on football stadiums, but I accept the fact that many cities think it is a good idea.

You could be right. I just can't imagine why there is such stiff competition to host the games if there isn't some advantage to it. Not that I spend much time thinking about it. Seems just as silly to me that some cities spend millions of dollars on football stadiums, but I accept the fact that many cities think it is a good idea.
The Atlanta games a few decades ago built the opening and closing ceremonies stadium to transition to a baseball stadium For the Atlanta braves. It looked nice but they only played there for a couple of decades. The inner-city areas get their cut from anything done and the stadium was close to one of them. So, the team got smart and moved to a suburban area where it is guaranteed to be nicer for many decades to come. And they were right as the riots destroyed a lot of property. In Baltimore the rioters stopped just short of the Orioles stadium in their path of destruction. So anyway, if using the structures built for other reasons and t is practical then they could make some money with a little inconvenience to the ratings of the ceremonies. Yesterday the opening ceremonies were demonic.

It`s even worse when a city plops one of those ugly football stadiums in an all too visible location. Pittsburgh let their Steelers ruin a beautiful view of the city for a handful of dates per year...and 1 (one) Taylor Swift performance.
No one really knows what an Acrisure is.

Forum List

Back