Need some help

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
I am wanting to get my sons (7 & 3.5) something to ride for Christmas. Thought about a small 2 seater go kart, small 4-wheeler(70cc or so) or a power wheels dune racer.
The oldest is 50" tall. So leg room is important.
My wife is worried about them getting hurt on a go kart(for some gawd awful reason)
I am ok with the 4 wheeler but I think a cart would be more fun.
The dune racer IS a power wheels but it has no dash so the leg room wont be a problem. By the time it gets to be a problem, maybe the wife will cool her rhetoric..
The dune racer is a 12V but I could convert it to a 18 volt running the batteries series, so speed wouldn't be that much of an issue.
What do you guys think? Any similar experience?

A cart has a safety cage a 4 wheeler does not.
And seat belts! Shit, tell HER that! lol
She even called the local Harley Davidson shop and the guy told her he wouldn't let his son touch a gas engine until he was 12. Fuckin asshole

She even called the local Harley Davidson shop and the guy told her he wouldn't let his son touch a gas engine until he was 12. Fuckin asshole
You can down tune a cart so its top end is 15. Plus if you tell her one is a motor cycle engine VS a LAWN mover engine. Debate over!

My niece is into jr kart down here. You could go that way if you want to make sport of it.

I am wanting to get my sons (7 & 3.5) something to ride for Christmas. Thought about a small 2 seater go kart, small 4-wheeler(70cc or so) or a power wheels dune racer.
My wife is worried about them getting hurt on a go kart(for some gawd awful reason)
The dune racer IS a power wheels but it has no dash so the leg room wont be a problem. By the time it gets to be a problem, maybe the wife will cool her rhetoric..
The dune racer is a 12V but I could convert it to a 18 volt running the batteries series, so speed wouldn't be that much of an issue.
I'm with your wife! Whatever she thinks, comes from feminine intuition, and deep seeded love for the children she labored to give! :D

(not saying you don't love them too! please don't take it that way!)

You can down tune a cart so its top end is 15. Plus if you tell her one is a motor cycle engine VS a LAWN mover engine. Debate over!
The one I found that I liked, would govern down to like 8 mph (he said). I could run faster than that!

I'm with your wife! Whatever she thinks, comes from feminine intuition, and deep seeded love for the children she labored to give! :D

Absolutely. However, rationality is important too lol :p

The one I found that I liked, would govern down to like 8 mph (he said). I could run faster than that!
You can give your son and you a hobby to share just like the Petty family. Kyle did not start out in NASCAR he started in carts!

Absolutely. However, rationality is important too lol :p
:rofl::rofl:

Yes of course!!!! :lol:

I suppose that's why children truly benefit from having two parents, with 2 different perspectives, and can learn ''compromise'' through witness, through osmosis!

You can give your son and you a hobby to share just like the Petty family. Kyle did not start out in NASCAR he started in carts!
I would LOVE for him to get serious about something like that!
I used to have a neighbor that was a class B professional in moto cross. He used to tell my son stories, show him videos etc and he just loved it.. but he don't even like riding his bicycle.. Maybe a new toy would open his mind a little.

Forum List

Back