Need some help

A cart has a safety cage a 4 wheeler does not.
And seat belts! Shit, tell HER that! lol
She even called the local Harley Davidson shop and the guy told her he wouldn't let his son touch a gas engine until he was 12. Fuckin asshole
You can down tune a cart so its top end is 15. Plus if you tell her one is a motor cycle engine VS a LAWN mover engine. Debate over!
The one I found that I liked, would govern down to like 8 mph (he said). I could run faster than that!
You can give your son and you a hobby to share just like the Petty family. Kyle did not start out in NASCAR he started in carts!
I would LOVE for him to get serious about something like that!
I used to have a neighbor that was a class B professional in moto cross. He used to tell my son stories, show him videos etc and he just loved it.. but he don't even like riding his bicycle.. Maybe a new toy would open his mind a little.
Go with the cart and give a legacy started by you that one day you may see him pass on to his son.

My niece is into jr kart down here. You could go that way if you want to make sport of it.
That is becoming a BIG sport here
They've been at it for 2 yrs now. 2 seasons at least. The idea is to get started used, but I could get some detail on getting started if you need.
I have several buddies into it. One of them actually built a small track to compete on Saturday nights.
Thanks Programmer!

Seems to me something like the soap box project not only gives you the end result but the process of creativity in building it -- an experience in which both you and they participate, and may even spark a growing interest in that process for them (wouldn't have to be a car)....

And that's in one way a deeper gift than just handing them a store-bought device. So that was part of my thinking.

Just a thought.

Seems to me something like the soap box project not only gives you the end result but the process of creativity in building it -- an experience in which both you and they participate, and may even spark a growing interest in that process for them (wouldn't have to be a car)....

And that's in one way a deeper gift than just handing them a store-bought device. So that was part of my thinking.

Just a thought.
I have been thinking about it since you said that lol.. There are many hills out here, so it wouldn't be a bad idea. Especially in snow! :)

As to vehicles I don't have anything to add. Let mom go somewhat ape on safety equipment. Your boys will guilt trip her into something resembling sanity. You really don't have a dog in that fight so stay out of it beyond setting a budget.

As to vehicles I don't have anything to add. Let mom go somewhat ape on safety equipment. Your boys will guilt trip her into something resembling sanity. You really don't have a dog in that fight so stay out of it beyond setting a budget.
I told her that carts are only a few inches off the ground, they have roll cages and seatbelts and they already have helmets. IDK what else one could do besides put them in a bubble..

And seat belts! Shit, tell HER that! lol
She even called the local Harley Davidson shop and the guy told her he wouldn't let his son touch a gas engine until he was 12. Fuckin asshole
You can down tune a cart so its top end is 15. Plus if you tell her one is a motor cycle engine VS a LAWN mover engine. Debate over!
The one I found that I liked, would govern down to like 8 mph (he said). I could run faster than that!
You can give your son and you a hobby to share just like the Petty family. Kyle did not start out in NASCAR he started in carts!
I used to have a neighbor that was a class B professional in moto cross. He used to tell my son stories, show him videos etc and he just loved it.. but he don't even like riding his bicycle.. Maybe a new toy would open his mind a little.
Go with the cart and give a legacy started by you that one day you may see him pass on to his son.
I told her that carts are only a few inches off the ground, they have roll cages and seatbelts and they already have helmets. IDK what else one could do besides put them in a bubble..
The emotional impact is high in karting, if they race. The kiddie karts are pretty slow and pretty safe.

The emotional impact is high in karting, if they race. The kiddie karts are pretty slow and pretty safe.
One of the good things is that skill will later transfer to drivers ed. There is more then one benefit from carts.

I recently bought my 10 year old a Baja off road bike from Tractor Supply. Baja Realtree AP Camo Warrior MB200 Mini Bike - For Life Out Here

It is probably too much power for what you are looking for, as your kids are young than mine. He is having a blast. We go riding together and he follows me around on my bike. Very cool.

You need to put your foot down and tell that wife of yours to back off. It's her job to make sure the kids are fed. It's your job to make sure they grow up to be men!

What's wrong with a bicycle or tricycle? Gets them exercising too.
Bicycles are for fags. Getting something with a motor will teach them to take care of something that requires some regular maintenance.

You need to put your foot down and tell that wife of yours to back off. It's her job to make sure the kids are fed. It's your job to make sure they grow up to be men!

:gay: ^^

Bicycles are for fags. Getting something with a motor will teach them to take care of something that requires some regular maintenance.

:gay: ^^

The human body of course never requires maintenance. :rofl:

Meh.

Most people that ride bicycles can either kick the asses or outrun people who don't.

They can also last longer in the sack.
Sorry, big guy. I did not intend to threaten your masculinity.

The oldest isn't interested in bikes much. The youngest is too addicted to his John Deer tractor to ride a bike lol.

Forum List

Back