Netflix to employees "you may work on content you don't like, if you don't like it you can quit".

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021

Gotta say, Netflix earned some cred back for me. Sure they put out shit recently I don't like, but I can respect a company that tells it's employees if you don't like what you do at your job then you can quit. Especially in this day and age where so many companies apologize to their workers for not doing what the employees did, like what Disney did when the CEO apologized to employees.

The sooner we can adopt a mainstream attitude of "don't like it? Then go somewhere else" the better off our society will be. We need to knock off this fake and pretentious pandering to everyone bullshit.

Netflix still has a ways to go for me, but this sentiment does help.

Now if only more companies would adopt that attitude.

Gotta say, Netflix earned some cred back for me. Sure they put out shit recently I don't like, but I can respect a company that tells it's employees if you don't like what you do at your job then you can quit. Especially in this day and age where so many companies apologize to their workers for not doing what the employees did, like what Disney did when the CEO apologized to employees.

The sooner we can adopt a mainstream attitude of "don't like it? Then go somewhere else" the better off our society will be. We need to knock off this fake and pretentious pandering to everyone bullshit.

Any employer does this.
It doesn't mean Netflix all of the sudden became virtuous.
I guess you're so used to being lied to that any molecule of honesty becomes award winning.

Agreed.

They essentially said, we cater to adults who make their own choices in the content they wish to consume and you don't get a say in that, the customer does.

I was flabbergasted by it.

Any employer does this.
It doesn't mean Netflix all of the sudden became virtuous.
I guess you're so used to being lied to that any molecule of honesty becomes award winning.
No. Just unusual in its rarity.

It's ok to a point. But treat your workers poorly and try to get people to work for you. That doesn't work either. Those places that can't find workers only need to look in the mirror for the complete blame.

Forum List

Back