🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Never again!

This thread wasn't supposed to stir up trouble guys. I'm done working on it and will just let a mechanic fix it for me so while I appreciate the tips, I'm good.

I know you didnt.
But I just cant stand when people offer up solutions when they have no idea what they're talking about.
All that does is lead to poor results and problems for those who might follow the advice.
Now you call me a liar? You're a clueless SOB. You made some parts. Great. I fix them.

I made space shuttles and fighter aircraft.
Go install an alternator or a set of spark plugs...you know,the things every man knows how to do.

Use a torch like real muff men do.

WTF does a torch do for you if your dealing with a broken off bolt?
Ever hear of a cutting torch? Guess you haven't.

Again though.
What is a cutting torch going to do for you?
It's designed to cut metal so how does that help?
You dont want to cut off whats remaining of the bolt if you're lucky enough to have anything left sticking out and if for some insane reason you wanted to you damn sure wouldnt use a cutting torch.
Like Sunni said,if you have something hanging out the last thing you wanna do is cut it off.
Now if you have a little to work with you weld a nut or bolt to it and the heat from the welding is plenty to loosen things up.

I've removed thousands of broken taps,drills and bolts from parts over my 30 years as a machinist.

In a lot of cases an EDM is required if the part is expensive and the drill,bolt or tap is really hard because a drill will walk off the hard material and track to the softer material.
You can use an end mill to flatten the broken off part to help with drill walking but that goes out the window when talking about carbide drills and taps or Grade 8 bolts.

Dont try and school me on anything related to metal work.
I'm sure to embarass you.
Ever work in a muffler shop? Guess not.

God no!!!
You'd have to be some kind of miscreant to work in one.
Whatever, but you would know how to burn out a busted stud. Way over your head.

You need to clarify due to your poor English skills.

" but you would know how to burn out a busted stud. Way over your head."

What exactly are you trying to say here?
30 year professional in auto repair and I know what to do. If you knew anything, well what more can I say but sorry you don't have a f'n clue.

I see you dont have an answer.
What you do is comparable to a roller skate repair shop.
Let me know when you make aerospace parts and fighter prototypes.
In other words....step away little man.

Hell,I've built many an engine to go in my offroad vehicles as a hobby.
So yeah...what you have as your lifes work is a hobby to me.
Again, you think you know it all. I have vast experience and have been around. Years ago when in my early 20's I worked in a muffler shop. Learned a lot from a guy who ended up with Borla designing exhaust systems. In the 80's I worked for the Navy at USN CBC Port Hueneme. It's a rebuild depot for the Pacific Fleet. I worked in the engine room rebuilding both gas and diesel power plants. I also went to Reagan's ranch in Santa Ynez and fixed his Jeep. Shall I give you more Mr. Clueless?

Yeah....I can build an engine and have done so many times...for fun.
I can also build the engine from scratch,as in taking a billet piece of steel or aluminium and making the block and everything that bolts to it.

Again though.
You dont want to cut off whats remaining of the bolt if you're lucky enough to have anything left sticking out and if for some insane reason you wanted to you damn sure wouldnt use a cutting torch.
Like Sunni said,if you have something hanging out the last thing you wanna do is cut it off.
Now if you have a little to work with you weld a nut or bolt to it and the heat from the welding is plenty to loosen things up.

I've removed thousands of broken taps,drills and bolts from parts over my 30 years as a machinist.

In a lot of cases an EDM is required if the part is expensive and the drill,bolt or tap is really hard because a drill will walk off the hard material and track to the softer material.
You can use an end mill to flatten the broken off part to help with drill walking but that goes out the window when talking about carbide drills and taps or Grade 8 bolts.

God no!!!

30 year professional in auto repair and I know what to do. If you knew anything, well what more can I say but sorry you don't have a f'n clue.

Again, you think you know it all. I have vast experience and have been around. Years ago when in my early 20's I worked in a muffler shop. Learned a lot from a guy who ended up with Borla designing exhaust systems. In the 80's I worked for the Navy at USN CBC Port Hueneme. It's a rebuild depot for the Pacific Fleet. I worked in the engine room rebuilding both gas and diesel power plants. I also went to Reagan's ranch in Santa Ynez and fixed his Jeep. Shall I give you more Mr. Clueless?

I can also build the engine from scratch,as in taking a billet piece of steel or aluminium and making the block and everything that bolts to it.
You call me a liar, I call you full of shit. Ever work on a diesel electric loco? Ever run a deuce and a half multi-fuel on a chassis dyno?

Again though.

God no!!!

You call me a liar, I call you full of shit. Ever work on a diesel electric loco? Ever run a deuce and a half multi-fuel on a chassis dyno?

It's funny how you went from a life long muffler repair guy to where you are now in a few days!!
Congrats man!!! You're moven on up!!!

Again though.

God no!!!

It's funny how you went from a life long muffler repair guy to where you are now in a few days!!

Again though.

God no!!!

You fucking weasel. Making shit up as you go. It's true, correct? I know your type. Not too bright.

Again though.

God no!!!

Again though.

God no!!!

You fucking weasel. Making shit up as you go. It's true, correct? I know your type. Not too bright.

I dont mean to look down on you....but I do.

Again though.

God no!!!

Again though.

God no!!!

I dont mean to look down on you....but I do.

So, you don't have a clue on what I said. I get it. Demean to get results for your inadequacies. Loser.

Forum List

Back