New book explores whether Abraham Lincoln was gay

The entire speculation was because it was written that "he shared a bed" with another man is simply stupid! In those days, beds were expensive and hard to come by! You just couldn't run down to your local furniture store and pick out a twin bed and nice Tempurpedic mattress!
There are some other bits and pieces of evidence people focus on for this idea.

Unfortunately the evidence falls flat when considered in context.

In Lincoln's time and indeed for many centuries before his time it was common for men to express love and affection for each other in writing.

They did not mean romantic or sexual love and and affection they meant deep friendship and respect or brotherhood.

It was merely normal to express this in ways which would be considered romantic or sexual in today's world.

It's be hilarious if he was. Wouldn't change a thing in my mind. To each his own. NOT my business. Nor anyone else's anymore than what he paid in taxes, right?

The entire speculation was because it was written that "he shared a bed" with another man is simply stupid! In those days, beds were expensive and hard to come by! You just couldn't run down to your local furniture store and pick out a twin bed and nice Tempurpedic mattress!
It was very common to share a bed even with total strangers due to scarcity.

Inns and hotels often rented multiple spaces in one bed to different guests. You had a choice: share the bed or sleep on the floor.

Once in a while ( not often ) Hollywood gets it right. In the original true grit with Duke Wayne young Mattie goes to pick up her dad's body to be brought home for burial.
While in town she rents a place to sleep and has to share the bed with an elderly woman.

The movie was fiction but that little scene was authentic.

I was just about to post that as an example! Bravo!

Who cares if he was or wasn't? Answer? Nobody
I'll bet some people will care enough to buy the book.

A lot of leftists will care. Any chance to make homosexuality the preferred sexual preference will get some support.

In those days. It was common for man to sleep in the same bed with another man. The people didn't have much room in their homes. The average homes had just one room. And they were not that many people in those days that was homophobic. It is because the gays stayed in the closet. And some men in those days even have sex with their girlfriend while the other man that sleeps with them. Turned his back on them while they are having sex in the same bed. Even two or three civil war soldiers slept in one small little pup tent. I know that in the old civil war movies. That they use tents that they are bigger than a mansion. And so we cannot compare our lifestyles to theirs. Things were a lot different in those times.

According to Wild West editor Greg Lalire, cowboys weren’t all that shy about sharing the same bed if need be. They might stay with strangers if the rooms were overbooked…and with non-strangers just to save money.
Was it common for men to share a hotel room in the Old West ? | HistoryNet

images
images
220px-ColumbiaAmericasGreatHighway040.png

In Forever Mine, the main characters are part of a large family—a couple and their seven children. The parents, their three daughters, and youngest son sleep in one tent, while the four older boys sleep in another tent.
Where Did the Emigrants Sleep as They Traveled the Oregon Trail?

Don’t know anything about him being gay, but I heard talk that he was one hell of a vampire slayer. True story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To gays every one of any importance was gay. Best to ignore them and move on.
Ironically they grow furious if someone evil is considered gay.

At least one author has made a well thought out argument that Hitler was gay. His argument was that this is part of Hitler's psychology which helped drive Hitler's insane politics. He was gay but forced to stay in the closet and the strain led to at least part of his evil mindset. The book was called " The Hidden Hitler ".

I don't think the idea was proven but he did make a good argument with some circumstantial evidence.

Naturally many gays and progressives screamed bloody murder over the idea.

Hitler smoked the baloney pony. He coined the term BBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D4spe8hW4AEy_u7.jpg:large

"6-year-old future President Theodore Roosevelt (circled) watches Abraham Lincoln funeral cortège in NYC, this week 1865"
flash-forward to Trump watching Fox News in his bathrobe.

So the Lincoln Memorial statue would be expanded from the rear and below. New construction part 2 by the Progs.

Forum List

Back