🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New GOP Pandemic Lifeline to Extend Unemployment Slaps Every American in the Face!

KoalaCorp

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2018
The GOP version of the bill GUARANTEES that nobody will vote for them come November!
Good job Mitch! Vlad is PROUD of you.

" We have produced a tailored and targeted draft that will cut right to the heart of three distinct crises facing our country: getting kids back in school, getting workers back to work and winning the health care fight against the virus," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said on the Senate floor.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., called the GOP bill "totally inadequate" because it does not include enough money to safely reopen schools, fails to provide hazard pay for essential workers, doesn't protect financially strapped homeowners from foreclosure or tenants from eviction, and won't provide funding for food stamps and other assistance.

"How hard-hearted," Schumer said. "How cruel."

One of the controversial aspects of the GOP is that it caps federal unemployment assistance to 70% of workers' pay rather than Democrats' plan of extending the weekly $600 federal unemployment bonus through January.

The GOP version of the bill GUARANTEES that nobody will vote for them come November!

" We have produced a tailored and targeted draft that will cut right to the heart of three distinct crises facing our country: getting kids back in school, getting workers back to work and winning the health care fight against the virus," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said on the Senate floor.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., called the GOP bill "totally inadequate" because it does not include enough money to safely reopen schools, fails to provide hazard pay for essential workers, doesn't protect financially strapped homeowners from foreclosure or tenants from eviction, and won't provide funding for food stamps and other assistance.

One of the controversial aspects of the GOP is that it caps federal unemployment assistance to 70% of workers' pay rather than Democrats' plan of extending the weekly $600 federal unemployment bonus through January.

The actual amount was 75% not 70%. If you got that wrong, what else did you get wrong?

I listened to Moscow Mitch and others lay things out. For the most part, it made good sense. And for the first time, Moscow Mitch is willing to work with the Dems to get something through the House and Senate.

Did Shoomer cry crocodile tears again? :206::boo_hoo14::CryingCow:

So be grateful for getting more to stay home than you would have made for working up until now, suck it up, and GO BACK TO WORK, YOU LAZY FUCK!!!

The actual amount was 75% not 70%. If you got that wrong, what else did you get wrong?

I listened to Moscow Mitch and others lay things out. For the most part, it made good sense. And for the first time, Moscow Mitch is willing to work with the Dems to get something through the House and Senate.

No it was always at 70%. Also he is not willing to work with Dems.

No one in their right mind would be willing to work with Democrats.

The fact that hat workers get more for staying home tells us that wages are bad. Really bad.
This continues to get worse as long we continue this pseudo-freako-libertarianism that has infected one party.

It looks like enough Americans have had enough of the current system.

I'm not going to listen to those bunch of republican's, and I don't find Facebook articles credible.

for the first time, Moscow Mitch is willing to work with the Dems to get something through the House and Senate.
I'm sorry but I seriously doubt that. The had the Democrat's opening offer on his desk for two.months and never even considered it.

If he wanted to work with anyone he could have started talks a lot sooner than after the last round of assistance expired.

I'm not going to listen to those bunch of republican's, and I don't find Facebook articles credible.

I just reported the news. If you can't accept reality it's on you not me.

For the first time in over 10 years, Moscow Mitch and his Cronies are actually trying to operate like a Senate should. Too little too late but maybe his replacement can continue the trend.

for the first time, Moscow Mitch is willing to work with the Dems to get something through the House and Senate.
I'm sorry but I seriously doubt that. The had the Democrat's opening offer on his desk for two.months and never even considered it.

If he wanted to work with anyone he could have started talks a lot sooner than after the last round of assistance expired.

Moscow Mitch and others just looked at their reelection percentages and now have to do something drastic, their jobs.

I just reported the news. If you can't accept reality it's on you not me.

For the first time in over 10 years, Moscow Mitch and his Cronies are actually trying to operate like a Senate should. Too little too late but maybe his replacement can continue the trend.

I'd like to see him get a replacement and I like to see a Democrat get it. We shall see!

What did you expect? We had a national unemployment bail out that was suppose to hold workers over until we had a chance to mitigate the viruses spread. There was no national plan to do that as President "Dodge it" wanting no responsibility at all, passed the Buck to the 50 States. Even then all was sabotaged by Trumpybear and the Banana Republicans opening back up too fast too soon, and the mass gathering by both the left and the right.......

Beam me up.......

Anything the government taxes shrinks, anything it subsidizes explodes.
Don't subsidize unemployment.
If you pay people not to work, people will not work.
But unfortunately, the Democrats insist that they NEED that money...

I have quite a few marketable skills (some of which are considered essential), so I had NO problem working the entire time (and even turned down job offers)...

On the other hand, the Liberals go to college and get a degree in "gender studies", then spend all of their time studying what's in their drawers and trying to figure out which gender they are (which ISN'T marketable)!!!

But we're not responsible for their bad decisions, and we don't owe them a dime for making them...

Anything the government taxes shrinks, anything it subsidizes explodes.
Don't subsidize unemployment.
If you pay people not to work, people will not work.
fs7hv4ml4ld51.png

Moscow Mitch and others just looked at their reelection percentages and now have to do something drastic, their jobs.
Ayup.

A freaking trillion dollar package ain't enough? It never is to the spin cycle left wing propaganda artists.

Forum List

Back