New Israeli intelligence suggests Iran prepares to attack Israel within days: sources

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
It appears they have decided to attack Israel directly.

Israel must defend its nation. We can only hope for peace but the chances of a regional war increases with each of these attacks.

I am not going to defend all of Bibis decision but I will defend Israel and the values that they as a nation represent. People aren't imprisoned or killed for not covering their heads. The youth are free to be youth, to dance and drink alcohol, to enjoy music and pursuit their dreams.

We need to remember our allies even as Israel isn't perfect. Those around them have wanted them gone since 1948. Israel isn't supporting terrorism in the region and they don't start the wars in the M.E

The Israeli intelligence community's updated assessment is that Iran is poised to attack Israel directly in retaliation for the assassination of Hamas' political leader in Tehran and is likely to do it within days, two sources with direct knowledge of the issue told Axios.

Why it matters: The new intelligence assessment indicates an attack could come before the Gaza hostage and ceasefire deal talks planned for Thursday, potentially jeopardizing negotiations at what Israeli officials have said is a "now-or-never" moment for a potential deal between Israel and Hamas.

But one of the sources who has direct knowledge of the intelligence said the situation is "still fluid."

The assessment, which was drafted in the last 24 hours, represents a shift, the sources said.

Over the last week, Israeli intelligence thought Iran hadn't yet decided on the timing and nature of its response and that international pressure and internal debates could push Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei towards postponing, restraining or minimizing the retaliation against Israel.
Iran's mission to the UN in a statement on Friday said "we hope that our response will be timed and conducted in a manner not to the detriment of the potential ceasefire."
But Israeli Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant spoke on Sunday with U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and told him the Iranian military preparations suggest Iran is getting ready for a large-scale attack, a source with knowledge of the call said.

The big picture: The Biden administration has been preparing for a dramatic week of high-stakes diplomacy to try to prevent war in the region and secure a hostage and ceasefire deal in Gaza.

The results of the coming week will indicate whether the region is going to sink even deeper into crisis and a widening perpetual war — or if, for the first time since Oct. 7, there will be a significant change of course. The outcome could shape President Biden's legacy.
On Sunday, the White House's efforts hit a significant setback when Hamas announced it rejected the invitation by the U.S., Qatar and Egypt for a final round of negotiations over the Gaza hostage and ceasefire deal planned for Thursday.

Driving the news: The Israeli intelligence community still thinks Hezbollah is likely to attack first in retaliation for the assassination if its top military commander in Beirut and then Iran could join with a direct attack of its own, the sources said.

The sources said the attacks by Hezbollah and Iran are likely to be bigger than the one conducted by Iran last April and include the launching of missiles and drones at military targets in central Israel, including in the vicinity of civilian population centers.

Israel must defend its nation. We can only hope for peace but the chances of a regional war increases with each of these attacks.

I am not going to defend all of Bibis decision but I will defend Israel and the values that they as a nation represent. People aren't imprisoned or killed for not covering their heads. The youth are free to be youth, to dance and drink alcohol, to enjoy music and pursuit their dreams.

We need to remember our allies even as Israel isn't perfect. Those around them have wanted them gone since 1948. Israel isn't supporting terrorism in the region and they don't start the wars in the M.E

The Israeli intelligence community's updated assessment is that Iran is poised to attack Israel directly in retaliation for the assassination of Hamas' political leader in Tehran and is likely to do it within days, two sources with direct knowledge of the issue told Axios.

Why it matters: The new intelligence assessment indicates an attack could come before the Gaza hostage and ceasefire deal talks planned for Thursday, potentially jeopardizing negotiations at what Israeli officials have said is a "now-or-never" moment for a potential deal between Israel and Hamas.

But one of the sources who has direct knowledge of the intelligence said the situation is "still fluid."

The assessment, which was drafted in the last 24 hours, represents a shift, the sources said.

Over the last week, Israeli intelligence thought Iran hadn't yet decided on the timing and nature of its response and that international pressure and internal debates could push Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei towards postponing, restraining or minimizing the retaliation against Israel.
Iran's mission to the UN in a statement on Friday said "we hope that our response will be timed and conducted in a manner not to the detriment of the potential ceasefire."
But Israeli Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant spoke on Sunday with U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and told him the Iranian military preparations suggest Iran is getting ready for a large-scale attack, a source with knowledge of the call said.

The big picture: The Biden administration has been preparing for a dramatic week of high-stakes diplomacy to try to prevent war in the region and secure a hostage and ceasefire deal in Gaza.

The results of the coming week will indicate whether the region is going to sink even deeper into crisis and a widening perpetual war — or if, for the first time since Oct. 7, there will be a significant change of course. The outcome could shape President Biden's legacy.
On Sunday, the White House's efforts hit a significant setback when Hamas announced it rejected the invitation by the U.S., Qatar and Egypt for a final round of negotiations over the Gaza hostage and ceasefire deal planned for Thursday.

Driving the news: The Israeli intelligence community still thinks Hezbollah is likely to attack first in retaliation for the assassination if its top military commander in Beirut and then Iran could join with a direct attack of its own, the sources said.

The sources said the attacks by Hezbollah and Iran are likely to be bigger than the one conducted by Iran last April and include the launching of missiles and drones at military targets in central Israel, including in the vicinity of civilian population centers.
A major regional airline has canceled all flights in Iranian airspace for Thursday. Reported yesterday.

A major regional airline has canceled all flights in Iranian airspace for Thursday. Reported yesterday.

It is to be expected I suppose. I just hope the world can avoid a larger war there but the odds grow smaller. China and their axis will look weak if Iran doesn't respond.

Such a complicated region.

WWIII? Armegeddon? All laid at Biden and the democrat's feet.

It isn't just on this administrations feet, this has been in the making since 1990. Each president since has played their role. In the end, corporations did the most damage.

However, at this juncture, the President and his team, intelligence agencies, corporations, citizens. All must be aware of the global issues. In the 1950s through to the 1990s, the West was united. After the Eastern Bloc collapsed all some saw was opportunity and never danger. The open borders and I.R.A did the most damage for certain over the last 4 years.

As I posted on here, when I was in my MBA I was reading an economic book about China as part of the curriculum and it was the first time I really understand the rise of China and its eating into the U.S marketplace at a rapid rate. The professor and students in unison admired this rise but I was quiet. The fact was that this information startled me as I knew China to be communist.

I was never overly political but the West vs East, democracy vs communism was ingrained in me through however I was influenced as a kid. That understanding of our differences has never fully disappeared.

This didn't just happen in 4 years, surely you can't be serious. I disagree with policies and I fear for the future, but there is plenty of blame to go around,
Hamas, like Russia smelled weakness in the US and did whatever they wanted. You've been living in your Turdeau-inspired liberal bubble so long you are missing the most noticeable points. This same scenario played out during the Johnson and Carter admins with the six day war and the Iran hostages. These radicals won't test the likes of Reagan and Trump.

The conventional wisdom since last October has been that Iran will not attack Israel directly because they want no part of American participation, and they presume that "we" will respond aggressively if they cross that line.

Since we are currently without a President, that rationale may be obsolete now.

The conventional wisdom since last October has been that Iran will not attack Israel directly because they want no part of American participation, and they presume that "we" will respond aggressively if they cross that line.

Iran did attack Israel -- the Iron dome was effective. Iran had better take heed of Israel's strategic miss with their response. Next time, Israel will not miss.

Well, this theory may be tested. The best way to avoid a world war going forward will be economic domination globally coupled with a determined and firm president.

No nation alone wishes to confront the U.S militarily, but this new axis of China, Russia, Iran and N Korea feels far more emboldened.

These intelligence agencies also understand patriotism of the enemy. Which party are the military most apt to support? This is critical for any recruitment drive during times of war and even the appetite for a nation to defend their interests.

Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't paid attention to the history of warfare and the social conditions behind those nations with willing citizens and those unwilling.

Netanyahu wants to fight Iran. So he should fight them himself. He's doing this because he knows the US will back him even when he's wrong. That's got to stop.

a military analyst believes the attack will happen after the Olympics are over ..

if the war expands [and I fear it may ] look for China to make a move on Taiwan .

The mullah regime have a surprise coming if they discount what Bibi's government may choose to do. Israel has been hinting that as soon as they see an incoming strike, they plan to launch a massive retaliation without waiting to see the damage an Iranian or Hizballah strike may do.
This could well be Israel's last chance to severely damage Iran's nuclear sites with some semblance of an excuse.

Forum List

Back