Susanm65

Rookie
Jun 1, 2014
Hi, my name is Sue and I wanted to introduce myself to the community. I have a passion for Russian history and I thought this would be a good place to find out more about the history, both present and past. I've read several books and was shocked at how much I didn't know. In these forums my goal is to learn, not judge.

Americans take so much for granted. As the quite says, if we don't learn from history, we are bound to repeat it.

Thanks for allowing me to be past of your community.

Sue

Hi, my name is Sue and I wanted to introduce myself to the community. I have a passion for Russian history and I thought this would be a good place to find out more about the history, both present and past. I've read several books and was shocked at how much I didn't know. In these forums my goal is to learn, not judge.

Americans take so much for granted. As the quite says, if we don't learn from history, we are bound to repeat it.

Sue

Hello Sue...how great to have you join USMB.

****WELCOME****

Sue

Given what is going on between the Russians and Ukraine, history is being written daily. Students of history often pay attention to the present. :)

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the loony bin!

welcome_aboard.gif

Hope you enjoy posting here. Join us in the social threads so we can get to know you better.

Click here:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/8742233-post1.html

Yup. :thup:

My daughter in law is Russian.

Sent from my ass using USMessageBoard.com

Hi, my name is Sue and I wanted to introduce myself to the community. I have a passion for Russian history and I thought this would be a good place to find out more about the history, both present and past.

What history is "present?" :cuckoo:

I've read several books and was shocked at how much I didn't know. In these forums my goal is to learn, not judge.

What books did you read on Russian history?

Yes, a lot of Americans are qu33rs and want to kill a czar. :cuckoo:

Sue

No problem.

Sue

Welcome to USMB. Hope you enjoy the boards. :)
Visited St. Petersburg in 06. Priceless.

I'm riveted by what's going on in Ukraine. It's like history it's jumping back years. I watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and was taken back by the beauty and the story. Then I started reading about the industrialization Putin send so proud of - and it was created by prisoners? I'm trying to understand how he could be so proud of an era of forced labor growth. Then I think how positively arrogant Americans are. They should read more, like really pick up a book and read.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Lenin's Tomb, Gulag, Behind the Iron Curtain, Bloodlands, and The Taste of Ashes The Afterlife of Totalitarianism in Eastern Europe. Btw, history can be 5 minutes ago, :cuckoo back at you :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hello Susan..

2287265ry567b4tlp.jpg

Welcome to the USMB..

Forum List

Back