China drops 'peaceful reunification' reference to Taiwan

I've done business in many of them. Still not as reliable a partner as China.

Malaysia is completely in China's pocket.
So is Thailand, which relies on Chinese support through the Belt and Road initiative.
Cambodia has warm relations with China.

The Philippines are still dirt poor. They just don't have the infrastructure. Too bad, they are great people.
China was dirt poor before the west taught them how to make stuff and make money

The same can happen in other emerging markets

But we have to be tough with china

Short of nuclear war, fight them every way possible

China was dirt poor before the west taught them how to make stuff and make money

The same can happen in other emerging markets

But we have to be tough with china

Short of nuclear war, fight them every way possible
Wow, you are piss ignorant of history, aren't you.

China was the world's wealthiest country until 1800, so Europe was keen to trade with it. Why do you think we call fine porcelain "China"? Because the finest porcelain in the world comes from China. But because white people are basically awful (They should title world history books that), their solution was to sell China copious amounts of opium to get back all the money they had lost in buying porcelain, tea, and other commodities. This is why I laugh whenever I hear some wingnut whine about the fentanyl epidemic. The west went to war with China TWICE to keep the flow of opium going into China. Then they scratched their big monkey heads when the Commies took over and put an end to that shit.

Nope, I'm not keen to start world war III because Asian people scare you.

No matter what it takes we must keep chinese autos out of the US

Chinese don't want to buy American cars for the same reason Americans don't want to buy them... they're shit.

Ford - Fix or Repair Daily. Found on Road Dead. They were making those jokes when I was a kid.

(Full disclosure, I am on my fourth Ford.- A 2016 Focus)

As for Chinese cars in the US Market- they might do well for the same reason German and Japanese cars got a foothold 50 years ago- because they are affordable to working family.

People of my dad's generation would never buy a Toyota because they were still pissed about Pearl Harbor. But my generation, given a choice between a Chevy gas guzzler they couldn't afford and a quality Toyota that got good gas mileage, they could... well, that was an easy one.

China was the world's wealthiest country until 1800, so Europe was keen to trade with it. Why do you think we call fine porcelain "China"? Because the finest porcelain in the world comes from China. But because white people are basically awful (They should title world history books that), their solution was to sell China copious amounts of opium to get back all the money they had lost in buying porcelain, tea, and other commodities. This is why I laugh whenever I hear some wingnut whine about the fentanyl epidemic. The west went to war with China TWICE to keep the flow of opium going into China. Then they scratched their big monkey heads when the Commies took over and put an end to that shit.

I was not talking about long ago

What matters today is recent history

By 1920 china was far behind the West and Japan technologically and industrially

And remained so till well after Mao’s death

Without Western technology and expertise china would still be little more than a poor backward agrarian nation

Chinese don't want to buy American cars for the same reason Americans don't want to buy them... they're shit.

Ford - Fix or Repair Daily. Found on Road Dead. They were making those jokes when I was a kid.

As for Chinese cars in the US Market- they might do well for the same reason German and Japanese cars got a foothold 50 years ago- because they are affordable to working family.

People of my dad's generation would never buy a Toyota because they were still pissed about Pearl Harbor. But my generation, given a choice between a Chevy gas guzzler they couldn't afford and a quality Toyota that got good gas mileage, they could... well, that was an easy one.
The chinese are good copycats and I think they are capable of producing good cars that would sell in the US if the price is low

Which is why they must not be allowed to

The euros can become vassal states of china if they want to by allowing free trade with china

Imagine every euro car company except for Mercedes and perhaps Vw becoming chinese owned and you can see the future

But not in America

By 1920 china was far behind the West and Japan technologically and industrially

Yes, because the West had been exploiting them for a century, pumping the country full of drugs, carving out spheres of influence, and sponsoring warlords.

You know, China isn't our enemy, and they aren't out to destroy us... but you really couldn't blame them if they did.

Without Western technology and expertise china would still be little more than a poor backward agrarian nation

Actually, Mao advanced the country considerably.

he chinese are good copycats and I think they are capable of producing good cars that would sell in the US if the price is low

Which is why they must not be allowed to

The euros can become vassal states of china if they want to by allowing free trade with china

Imagine every euro car company except for Mercedes and perhaps Vw becoming chinese owned and you can see the future

But not in America

Doesn't bother me.

"If I'm going to be fucked by Rich People, I want to be fucked by WHITE AMERICAN rich people!!!"

Doesn't really matter who is getting rich selling me the car.

I'm more concerned about price and quality.

Yes, because the West had been exploiting them for a century, pumping the country full of drugs, carving out spheres of influence, and sponsoring warlords.
Well boo hoo, you cant rewrite history just because it makes the chicoms uncomfortable

Like it or not china was way behind the West until recently

And now they are ahead. Boo-hoo.

No skin off my nose. or yours, either.
In manufacturing cheap consumer products yes

Anyway if your looking for someone to underestimate chinese capability you’ve come to the wrong person

I have a healthy respect for the threat they represent

In manufacturing cheap consumer products yes

Anyway if your looking for someone to underestimate chinese capability you’ve come to the wrong person

I have a healthy respect for the threat they represent
Your irrational fears are not a basis for policy.

We still spend four times what China spends on her military, and of the next ten military spenders, eight of them are allies.

Meanwhile, when I went to downtown Chicago yesterday for some sight-seeing with Mrs. B131, we encountered four homeless people around Union Station. She was shocked by this, because you would never see this in China.

Seems our priorities are wrong.

Meanwhile, when I went to downtown Chicago yesterday for some sight-seeing with Mrs. B131, we encountered four homeless people around Union Station. She was shocked by this, because you would never see this in China.

Seems our priorities are wrong.
Your chinese wife has lived in America ten years and yesterday was the first time seeing a homeless person?

Shame on you for keeping her locked up all these years

Your chinese wife has lived in America ten years and yesterday was the first time seeing a homeless person?

Shame on you for keeping her locked up all these years
oh, no, she's seen them before. She was just shocked to see this one fellow who was clearly not in touch with reality.

She's a kind hearted soul and wants to give them money. I tell here that they'll just spend it on booze or drugs, and if she wants to help, donate to a shelter.

oh, no, she's seen them before. She was just shocked to see this one fellow who was clearly not in touch with reality.

She's a kind hearted soul and wants to give them money. I tell here that they'll just spend it on booze or drugs, and if she wants to help, donate to a shelter.
Thats a nice recovery from your gaff but its too late

Homelessness is a liberal/Democrat created problem, along with drug addiction

Thats a nice recovery from your gaff but its too late

Homelessness is a liberal/Democrat created problem, along with drug addiction
Nope, I was just relaying her reactions, what you read into it is on you.

Homelessness is a problem because Republicans keep slashing funds to deal with it to give tax breaks to billionaires.

"Britain" does NOT equal "The West," ignorant shithole.

Stop trying to earn domestic credit points.

Douche Bigot Joeblow just has someone looking over his shoulder every time he posts.

Forum List

Back