New Police Chief says she will take gun crime very seriously.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The new police chief is concerned about rising gun crime in the city and she is going to try to tackle it...looks to stop and frisk to help....

Tackling gun and knife crime will be the top priority of the Metropolitan Police, the force's new chief has said.

Commissioner Cressida Dick said recent suggestions gun and knife crime in London were on the increase were a "huge concern".

Ms Dick, the force's first female chief, said she would be prepared to support the increased use of controversial stop and search powers to tackle the problem.

Her comments came after the Met issued figures last week showing a 42 per cent rise in gun crime over the past year, while knife crime was up 24 per cent.

"The figures worry me. I want to bear down across the wide spectrum of violent crime," Ms Dick told the BBC Radio 4 Today programme.

"If it is the case that gun crime and knife crime are going up, that is of huge concern to me and it will mark out my commissionership trying to bear down on violence in general and those two crimes in particular."

Tackling gun and knife crime in London a top priority for new Met chief Cressida Dick

Forum List

Back