New TV Show, The Strain

Just differing opinions. I hated it and will not watch again. But thats me.

The first episode was pretty good, I thought.

However, the second was "meh" at best.

I'll have to wait and see what happens with the third.

Aha! I was correct!!!

"Setrakian," the mysterious, elderly pawn shop owner who carries the Staff of Moses and was arrested at the airport is a WWII death camp survivor — he just told the judge as much in court just now!!!

I really should be charging for this.

I'm really not impressed with the show so far. It just seems like a lot of atmosphere and build up with no real pay off.

Even the big action scene in the last episode was ultimately kind of lame.

It might've been better on premium cable, where they could've gone "all in" with the blood, gore, and violence. However, this is just turning out to be kind of goofy.

Gettin' much, much more enthralling every week.

Youse here who bailed on it are missin' out.

Next week—per the previews—a flashback to the WWII death camps:

It appears we will begin to get some kind of idea of the old man Setrakian's knowledge of the lowlifes who have resurrected the evil worm.

Catch up on this show, if you have a DVR. You won't regret it. :thup:

Yay another vampire show. Like we need more of those.

This is a difference vampire show. It's not the vampires are beautiful and some have morals.. This is the vampires are zombie like, predators, none have moral ans none can be reasoned with.

So far I am not overly impressed or under-impressed, but I am impressed enough to give it another shot. I dig the zombie genre, so it might stick on me.

Last edited:

This is a difference vampire show. It's not the vampires are beautiful and some have morals.. This is the vampires are zombie like, predators, none have moral ans none can be reasoned with.

So far I am not overly impressed or under-impressed, but I am impressed enough to give it another shot. I dig the zombie genre, so it might stick on me.

The young vampires seem mindless, but the older ones, the one with the old dude for example, seem to be calculating and sentient.

The young vampires seem mindless, but the older ones, the one with the old dude for example, seem to be calculating and sentient.

I'm kind of wondering if there might be different kinds of vampires.

The German guy seems different than the other ones. Does he even have a tongue?

Its explained in the books, but I won't spoil it for ya.

Its explained in the books, but I won't spoil it for ya.

Do the books mention this?

Stregheria Wikipedia

The old man "Setrakian" talked about it briefly tonight. :thup:

There does.

The guy in the Shed was blue.

The pilot seemed pretty typical, and the lawyer is taking a long time to change: I figure most lawyers wouldn't have a problem being infested with blood-sucking parasites. Goth Guy seems to have adjusted to being dickless....I'm wondering how this will play into the plot. Traditionally vampires are supposed to be somewhat sexy, and this would seem to contradict tradition.

After seeing more last night of the demonic figure that used to be imprisoned in the coffin, I'm even more convinced of how correct I was in my initial hypothesis on this thread.

Lotsa folks are mistakenly thinking this is merely about a vampire or some such.

It isn't.

It's also about evil experiments done by Nazis, and the Vril Society.

Well, it does very much parallel the plot in Dracula...so far.

I didn't know he was a vampire yet when I made the comment. I am hooked, I think the show is a winner!

Interesting twist with the vampire Spec-Ops guys this episode.

I wonder if they're working against the German, or a part of the "new Reich" he alluded to.

Forum List

Back