Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New York City is the most unhappy city in America

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:eek:
must be why they are so rude...lol

SNIP:

Cheer up, Big Apple residents — New York City is the most unhappy city in America.

That’s according to data coming from a working paper by Harvard professor Edward Glaeser, Vancouver School of Economics professor Joshua Gottlieb and Harvard doctoral student Oren Ziv. They used data collected in a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention survey called the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, and then adjusted it for age, sex, race, income and other factors. (Such adjustments are important — women, for instance, are happier than men; the married are happier than single or divorced respondents; and so on.)

In short, New Yorkers are unhappiest on an “adjusted” basis; but scoff at those adjustments as you like, they are still third-most-unhappy region (of the areas where there are at least 200 respondents) out of 177 metro areas on an unadjusted basis.

It’d be blithe to say those who work on Wall Street are scientifically miserable. But remember, money buys happiness. So, probably not.

The happiest five cities are all in Louisiana, with Lafayette taking the crown (Louisiana is also the happiest state). The unhappiest cities, after New York City, are St. Joseph, Mo,;.; South Bend, Ind.; Erie, Penn.; and the Evansville, Ind.-Henderson, Ky. area.

ALL of it here:
New York City is the most unhappy city in America - Capitol Report - MarketWatch

:eek:
must be why they are so rude...lol

SNIP:

Cheer up, Big Apple residents — New York City is the most unhappy city in America.

That’s according to data coming from a working paper by Harvard professor Edward Glaeser, Vancouver School of Economics professor Joshua Gottlieb and Harvard doctoral student Oren Ziv. They used data collected in a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention survey called the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, and then adjusted it for age, sex, race, income and other factors. (Such adjustments are important — women, for instance, are happier than men; the married are happier than single or divorced respondents; and so on.)

In short, New Yorkers are unhappiest on an “adjusted” basis; but scoff at those adjustments as you like, they are still third-most-unhappy region (of the areas where there are at least 200 respondents) out of 177 metro areas on an unadjusted basis.

It’d be blithe to say those who work on Wall Street are scientifically miserable. But remember, money buys happiness. So, probably not.

The happiest five cities are all in Louisiana, with Lafayette taking the crown (Louisiana is also the happiest state). The unhappiest cities, after New York City, are St. Joseph, Mo,;.; South Bend, Ind.; Erie, Penn.; and the Evansville, Ind.-Henderson, Ky. area.

ALL of it here:
New York City is the most unhappy city in America - Capitol Report - MarketWatch

LOL

Yes places that are education and places of culture and diversity is a scary place to trailer park dwellers in fly over country , you should really get out of your trailer park and travel around the educated parts of the country steph

Lets roll People!!!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/334688-operation-american-spring.html

I wonder why they're so miserable? Taxed to death??

Yep paying higher taxes to pay for the red state trailer dwelling welfare bums

Red States Are Welfare Queens - Business Insider

Also a lot of us were recruited to come down here to Jesus land in the 90's because the yahoos and slackjaws and plow boys here were, and are technically illiterate :eusa_whistle:

Don't see a lot of company moving to eastern NC , Company can't get educated people to move there...fact :eusa_whistle:

Over crowding, those crammed together, constantly, in concrete & steel are not living in the environment humans were meant to inhabit.

Also a lot of us were recruited to come down here to Jesus land in the 90's because the yahoos and slackjaws and plow boys here were, and are technically illiterate :eusa_whistle:

Don't see a lot of company moving to eastern NC , Company can't get educated people to move there...fact :eusa_whistle:

I live in Eastern NC on the ocean.. What's your point and if you have something to say, fucking say it.. but you already knew I lived here because of the hurricane thread.

I live in Eastern NC on the ocean.. What's your point and if you have something to say, fucking say it.. but you already knew I lived here because of the hurricane thread.

poor guano, they have a hardon hate for the red states..I think we all get that by now
what a frikken loser

I went to college here in Eastern North Carolina. I wasn't aware that we're all some dumbfucks who live in trailer parks that no one wants to hire? Funny, I own a property, oceanfront, that's paid for.. NO MORTGAGE.. My father owns a successful business and my best friend owns a really great Arcade that is unbelievably successful.. I guess we missed your insulting memo.

poor guano, they have a hardon hate for the red states..I think we all get that by now
what a frikken loser

He has a chip on his shoulder two miles wide..

Forum List

Back