🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bidens 20 yr term limit on Supreme Court Justices would have an immediate effect on several members of the court .

He's going to need 2/3 of both houses of Congress and 3/4 of the state legislatures to approve his amendment. There's no way on God's green earth that will happen.
Of all amendments, I think ones to limit term and impose a Code of Ethics has the most chance.

Limits on who can be on the court and how long they serve should be there. There should be a minimum age, and a minimum amount of time on the bench. The current trend on appointing ever younger members because they'll be there with their agendas longer is not good for the country.

\having set minimum qualifications, I think the court should be expanded to 11, and always have 1 from each circuit. You then go for an 11 year term limit. That means every president replaces 4 Justices during a term But must choose from the Circuit the retiring one comes from.

Of all amendments, I think ones to limit term and impose a Code of Ethics has the most chance.

Limits on who can be on the court and how long they serve should be there. There should be a minimum age, and a minimum amount of time on the bench. The current trend on appointing ever younger members because they'll be there with their agendas longer is not good for the country.

\having set minimum qualifications, I think the court should be expanded to 11, and always have 1 from each circuit. You then go for an 11 year term limit. That means every president replaces 4 Justices during a term But must choose from the Circuit the retiring one comes from.
Term limits and a Code of Ethics for the Supreme Court has zero chance of passing Congress much less getting ratified. You are bordering on delusional. Congress will never pass term limits on itself and a Code of Ethics for just SCOTUS would require a code for all government officials.

There's also the fact that ex post facto laws are unconstitutional as hell. So Joey Shits Pants is just being a typical dimocrap scumbag and talking out of his ass.

if Biden succeeds in getting a 20 yr term limit on the SC it will have an immediate effect on several members of the court ..
Thomas a [republican appointee] and Breyer [ considered by many as a moderate although appointed by a Democrat ] would immediately effected as both have served well over 20yrs .. and then 2 more republican appointees Roberts and Alito would be within 1 to 2 yrs of serving their 20 yr term .. that's 3 republicans gone from the SC ! if Dems win in Nov they could replace 3 conservatives on the court with liberal justices !

No it will be grandfathered

Forum List

Back