New York City restaurant lets customers catch their own meal

Lol what's next a restaurant that lets people hunt pigs, cows and turkeys..

A New York City restaurant that lets its customers fish for their own food is set to open later this month in the posh Chelsea neighborhood.

Zauo, a Japanese restaurant with 13 locations throughout Japan, is coming to America and bringing its unique business plan with it. According to the company website, customers can rent a rod – bait is free – and dip into the restaurant’s deep water tanks to try and catch one of the three fish varieties.

View attachment 222880
So, if I can catch her................?????

Tabrett-Bethell-Hot-Wallpaper-5.jpg

:eek2yum:
Is that sushi you're smellin' or just her?
Hey, if you knew sushi like I knew sushi....:21:

To me, its not a restaurant if stuff like this hasn't already been done.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Eh too much work! It looks good on paper but they are eliminating a whole class of potential diners like myself with this setup.

Who's got the patience or the energy for this crap?! You go out to relax and be served and pampered, not do all the fucking work yourself! It's fun and different if you do it once, but then after that I promise you, you will never go back.

For the same reason I don't like going to those Korean or Japanese barbecue style restaurants where they bring you the raw meat or sea food and you have to cook it all yourself. Not to mention you are inhaling all that smoke, and your clothes smell like shit.
Roudy in parts of Asia,You can dip you toes or feet in the salt water(the restro's are built over the water).

The fish nibble at your skin and dead skin...they then catch the fish,cook em and serve you them,with a mango salad...and say ENJOY steve
I've seen that at airports in Europe, but while your eating? Gross.

A New York City restaurant that lets its customers fish for their own food is set to open later this month in the posh Chelsea neighborhood.

Zauo, a Japanese restaurant with 13 locations throughout Japan, is coming to America and bringing its unique business plan with it. According to the company website, customers can rent a rod – bait is free – and dip into the restaurant’s deep water tanks to try and catch one of the three fish varieties.

View attachment 222880
So, if I can catch her................?????

Tabrett-Bethell-Hot-Wallpaper-5.jpg

:eek2yum:
Is that sushi you're smellin' or just her?
Really Roudy,fresh fish don't smell, much like a hygienic femme...who you been diving with ??????????st
As a certified PADI deep diver, I can tell you that certain things like smell are genetic and also environmental, i.e., what kind of food is consumed.

I never had elk before what does that taste like venison?

Elk tastes closer to beef than venison, and are mostly quartered in the field for handling.

I take a yearly salmon charter trip with 3 guys from work on lake Huron. Once we come in with our catch, we have the bar at the marina cook us a meal of our spoils.
Kind of the same thing only more outdoorsy.

Have some chick peas

leave animal life to live their lives ....like you live yours.
Chick peas?
images

Ummmm no thanks.....

But Chickpeas and steak would be okay....
ribeye-farro.jpg

On second thought Rambunctious, that dish looks yummy!:biggrin:

If the red meat is replaced by chicken I would eat it in a heartbeat!!

Chicken, fish, seafood.... all that I eat and like, red meat though I liked and ate almost all my life I don't eat now.:smile:

View attachment 222880
Well, this might be a cure for the rat infestation problem - mmmm, mystery burger.

no

not that

I want him as a pet

I will NEVER AM GOING TO HURT ANIMALS

All I can hurt is Left wing idiots.,....not animals! never animals, never.

That's Meatloaf on a cold December night Skye....or stew...or a burger on the grill on a warm summer day.....yummy...

Have some chick peas

I call those "Garbanzo beans" and really only eat them when mixed with a heaping helping of good pork Chorizo (not Mexican stuff), some beef ribs..potato..onion..

only in Spanish Bean Soup. It's really good, but it requires a lot of ingredients.

Doh crap! I have them all right now.

Never cook those without soaking for 24 hrs. I did b4..it took 3 days.

no

not that

I want him as a pet

That's Meatloaf on a cold December night Skye....or stew...or a burger on the grill on a warm summer day.....yummy...

Have some chick peas

I call those "Garbanzo beans" and really only eat them when mixed with a heaping helping of pork Chorizo, some beef ribs..potato..onion..

only in Spanish Bean Soup. It's really good, but it requires a lot of ingredients.

Doh crap! I have them all right now.

Never cook those without soaking. I did b4..it took 3 days.

I love garbanzos! love them!:2up:

Just like this..with double Chorizo. (and everything):113:

Ingredients

½ pound garbanzo beans (chickpeas), dried
2 quarts water
1 tablespoon salt
1 ham bone
1 beef bone
¼ pound salt pork, cut in thin strips
1 onion, finely chopped
2 potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
½ teaspoon paprika
Pinch of saffron
1 chorizo (Spanish sausage), sliced in thin rounds

Aw crap! I'm outta salt pork. :(

I like to have the bones have some meat on them, too.

Pack of beef ribs and the tail end of a ham. Basically I make it when the ham is on its last legs.

1 chorizo? Pfffft! :auiqs.jpg: 6 chorizos.

I make double that recipe.

Columbia Restaurant

Last edited:

View attachment 222880

You have no idea what you are talking about. You need to expand your horizons.

View attachment 222880

At least they know it's fresh.

Why don't they just eat the bait, thinking about it

Sometimes Asians do. :rolleyes:

"One for the hook, one for me".

Yeah? Which Asians?

no

not that

I want him as a pet

Have some chick peas

You are against hunting? You?

Take your meds. You’d have no problem with shooting humans who get in the way of your car but you want to stop people from hunting game?

Schizo.

Not for nothing, but those fish are farmed. Very little to no nutritional value. Smoking is probably better for you.

View attachment 222880

At least they know it's fresh.

Why don't they just eat the bait, thinking about it

Sometimes Asians do. :rolleyes:

"One for the hook, one for me".

Yeah? Which Asians?

Probably all. So my friend's half-brother was eating the bait when we took him fishing.

Tell me, what Asian (from native country) do you think wouldn't do that?

I thought it was pretty funny. I even watched how he did it and ate a shrimp the same way, shit tube and all.

iu

Last edited:

Forum List

Back