New York Giants versus the Miami Dolphins

I'm getting to the point where I might be starting to say when asked who my favorite team is, "When I was a kid, I liked the Redskins." I just can't quite identify with them like I could when I was a young boy growing up and shit. Now it's all out of honoring the past and shit.

Yeah, huh? Even with Gibbs back, pounding the ball on the ground, and trying to be defense first? You're 6th in the NFC in points allowed, and you just threw your first touchdown pass to a receiver yesterday.

And you're 6-3. Nothing to shake a stick at.

It still looks good for you, and looks a lot like the 80's and early 90's Skins I remember.

I do have doubts about your QB though. Then again, I had doubts about Mark Rypien until the clock hit 0 in Superbowl XXVI

Yeah, huh? Even with Gibbs back, pounding the ball on the ground, and trying to be defense first? You're 6th in the NFC in points allowed, and you just threw your first touchdown pass to a receiver yesterday.

And you're 6-3. Nothing to shake a stick at.

It still looks good for you, and looks a lot like the 80's and early 90's Skins I remember.

I do have doubts about your QB though. Then again, I had doubts about Mark Rypien until the clock hit 0 in Superbowl XXVI

The 'Skins are 5-4.

Yeah, the 'Skins are 5-4.

Next is Dallas so we'll be 5-5 after that. After looking ahead we will probably end the season at 6-10, maybe 7-9 if we're lucky.

Yeah I was listening to the NFL Live recap, and must have been confusing the record with NY's.

Anyway though, I guess it's a race between you and us for the bottom this season. I want that spot!

I think Gibbs needs to get off the sidelines. I think he does well recruiting and drafting but his general coaching skills lack.

His time came and went. He left the NFL when he his system was still relevant, and now it's out-dated. You need a better QB though. And get rid of James TRASH. You already went down that road once, why do it again? Believe me, I couldn't stand that dude when he was with Philly. It was TRASH and alligator-arm STINKSTON. Besides Reid's shitty play-calling during those couple exciting years, I blame only the receiving corps for all the let-downs.

Can we have Portis? We could stick Westbrook out wide.

He lead Auburn to the Rose Bowl a few years back, you recall that one?

I vaguely remember Auburn being blacked-out from bowl games for recruiting violations during arguably their best years. Not a lot more, and definitely not any of the players.

I used to be fire-eating sports fan, but not so anymore. I haven't watched a pro game in two years, and only a handful of college games. Football or basketball.

Besides, if I watch the Cowboys play they lose. So I use the "they'll win if I don't" charm.:lol:

I vaguely remember Auburn being blacked-out from bowl games for recruiting violations during arguably their best years. Not a lot more, and definitely not any of the players.

I used to be fire-eating sports fan, but not so anymore. I haven't watched a pro game in two years, and only a handful of college games. Football or basketball.

Besides, if I watch the Cowboys play they lose. So I use the "they'll win if I don't" charm.:lol:

Shoot..do me a favor and watch the Cowboys this weekend than :lol:

Shoot..do me a favor and watch the Cowboys this weekend than :lol:

Y'know, I recall the Redskins going to the Superbowl one year when the Cowboys were 1-15 on the season. At least that's what I think it was.

Point is that was successful season because that win was beating the 'Skins in RFK no less.:lol:

Like I said, all bets are off when those two play and I would hardly be surprised if the 'Skins pulled out a win. So I'll pass.:badgrin:

Y'know, I recall the Redskins going to the Superbowl one year when the Cowboys were 1-15 on the season. At least that's what I think it was.

Point is that was successful season because that win was beating the 'Skins in RFK no less.:lol:

Like I said, all bets are off when those two play and I would hardly be surprised if the 'Skins pulled out a win. So I'll pass.:badgrin:

Yeah, I remember that. It was Jimmie Johnson's first year as head coach. Damn, dude. I don't know if you caught the game but the 'Skins nearly pulled it off. Campbell throw from almost 350 yards. If our back field wasn't so decimated by injury we would have won. When T.O. scores 4 tds you know something isn't right regarding coverage. I am disappointed no doubt. But Campbell showed why the Gibbs wanted him as their QB. He's gonna be really good if he stays healthy. They went no huddle and when they did they destroyed the cowboys backfield. They were literally 20 yards from winning the game until Campbell throw that Int.

Just like the one win made your season back in the day. This would have been just like that. Now we're 5-5 tied with Philadelphia for last in the NFC East. I hope the Packers learned from this game with the 'Skins that Favre can easily go nuts on them if they want to.

Yeah, I remember that. It was Jimmie Johnson's first year as head coach. Damn, dude. I don't know if you caught the game but the 'Skins nearly pulled it off. Campbell throw from almost 350 yards. If our back field wasn't so decimated by injury we would have won. When T.O. scores 4 tds you know something isn't right regarding coverage. I am disappointed no doubt. But Campbell showed why the Gibbs wanted him as their QB. He's gonna be really good if he stays healthy. They went no huddle and when they did they destroyed the cowboys backfield. They were literally 20 yards from winning the game until Campbell throw that Int.

Just like the one win made your season back in the day. This would have been just like that. Now we're 5-5 tied with Philadelphia for last in the NFC East. I hope the Packers learned from this game with the 'Skins that Favre can easily go nuts on them if they want to.

Nah. Favre has Favre. He doesn't have the talent the 'Skins do. But that 19 yards away thing before the INT is called "football.":lol: Kinda' like the Giants winning the Superbowl because Buffalo's kicker choked, or the Cowboys losing Superbowl IV cuz their kicker, Mike Clark, sucked and missed either 4 or 5 FGs, and of which would have won the game.

Don't underrate Dallas's defense. They aren't as bad as you wish.:lol:

Campbell could very well be a better individual QB than Romo, but that's the beauty of it ... a great team doesn't rely on one, outstanding player. The Dallas offense is clicking like an offense should. I've never been impressed with Romo myself, but he's getting the job done.

And I disagree that TO having 4 TD catches means he played a subpar defense. I've never liked the guy's mouth, nor his ability to disrupt the chemistry of a team, but he CAN catch and run, like him or not.

Nah. Favre has Favre. He doesn't have the talent the 'Skins do. But that 19 yards away thing before the INT is called "football.":lol: Kinda' like the Giants winning the Superbowl because Buffalo's kicker choked, or the Cowboys losing Superbowl IV cuz their kicker, Mike Clark, sucked and missed either 4 or 5 FGs, and of which would have won the game.

Don't underrate Dallas's defense. They aren't as bad as you wish.:lol:

Campbell could very well be a better individual QB than Romo, but that's the beauty of it ... a great team doesn't rely on one, outstanding player. The Dallas offense is clicking like an offense should. I've never been impressed with Romo myself, but he's getting the job done.

And I disagree that TO having 4 TD catches means he played a subpar defense. I've never liked the guy's mouth, nor his ability to disrupt the chemistry of a team, but he CAN catch and run, like him or not.

Yeah he can ball for sure. I'm just saying that his day wouldn't have been so lights out if our cornerbacks were healthy. Out of the 4 TD's, only once was contact made on him after the catch.

As for the Dallas defense. Everyone is pretty much on the same page when examining their back field, it has some serious weaknesses. Roy Williams is their best back and the only thing he can do well and consistently is hit hard. He not very fast and his coverage skills could you use some fine tuning.

Yeah he can ball for sure. I'm just saying that his day wouldn't have been so lights out if our cornerbacks were healthy. Out of the 4 TD's, only once was contact made on him after the catch.

As for the Dallas defense. Everyone is pretty much on the same page when examining their back field, it has some serious weaknesses. Roy Williams is their best back and the only thing he can do well and consistently is hit hard. He not very fast and his coverage skills could you use some fine tuning.

I disagree on that. Both corners are good cover corners, the linebackers are solid, the line is solid now that we got the druggie out of time out ...

Not sure why you think Roy Williams isn't fast tho. The idea with him was to let Darren Woodson take him under his wing and Woodson got the neck injury and retired, and their has been no real defensive backfield coaching in years.

They're only going to get better on defense.

There biggest weakness is not having a backup for Romo that's worth a shit. If Romo goes down, it's over.

Wouldn't it be ironic that in the year the New England Patriots went 19-0, the first team ever to go 0-16 were to be the Miami Dolphins?

Think about this ... the last two teams on their way to an undefeated season lost to Miami, regardless Miami's record. NE STILL has to play Miami again.

Not a prediction ... just food for thought.

Forum List

Back