Newsmax punched in the gut by Direct TV

Has nothing to do with squelching free speech. What a silly claim!!
One company canceling another for speech and thought?... I disagree with you.... the most frightening thing today is watching Americans not recognizing the assault on our 1st amendment....

One company canceling another for speech and thought?... I disagree with you.... the most frightening thing today is watching Americans not recognizing the assault on our 1st amendment....
One company can accept or cancel or deny any other company whenever they want. Shows get picked up and cancelled all the time. People audition/apply and get denied all the time. Their free speech isn’t being attacked. Don’t be a drama Queen.

So Republicans consider Direct TV as "censuring conservative voices" by dropping the low rated Trump tv channel Newsmax.

There is an easy solution for the far, far Republican right. If you subscribe to Direct TV and bemoan the loss of your wonderful Newsmax, just go ahead and pony up the carriage fee that Newsmax is demanding. We all know that you Republicans are loaded with money; problem solved! Bigly!!!

Does anyone still use satellite TV? LOL

One company can accept or cancel or deny any other company whenever they want. Shows get picked up and cancelled all the time. People audition/apply and get denied all the time. Their free speech isn’t being attacked. Don’t be a drama Queen.
Its un American to cancel due to political or cultural reasons... how will a nation grow inside and improve if people can silence other people for their opinions.... its not only wrong its potentially dangerous to the fabric of the United States....

Its un American to cancel due to political or cultural reasons... how will a nation grow inside and improve if people can silence other people for their opinions.... its not only wrong its potentially dangerous to the fabric of the United States....
Interesting. What is the American way to properly cancel a show?

So if I own a restaurant and I don’t like an item on the menu am I allowed to take it off or is that unAmerican because there may be some other people out there who do like it?

So.................how would you feel if OAN or FOX was approached with airing a Black Lives Matter ad for Black History month and they refused? Would that be them cancelling the BLM's right to free speech?

Free speech is a pillar for our society. I think it’s a great thing. But that doesn’t mean that every person and every business is obligated to accept and integrate all speech in with their business. To force a business to do that would be unrealistic and more unAmerican than what your complaining about.

In the arena of government and the public square, yes, our freedom of speech is sacred. But we are talking about a private company here. You’re anger is misdirected

So if I own a restaurant and I don’t like an item on the menu am I allowed to take it off or is that unAmerican because there may be some other people out there who do like it?
You sure you want your screen name on that statement?.... what does a menu have to do with the 1st amendment?....

Last edited:
Free speech is a pillar for our society. I think it’s a great thing. But that doesn’t mean that every person and every business is obligated to accept and integrate all speech in with their business. To force a business to do that would be unrealistic and more unAmerican than what your complaining about.

In the arena of government and the public square, yes, our freedom of speech is sacred. But we are talking about a private company here. You’re anger is misdirected
Businesses are people... in this case American people so yes they should follow the constitution regarding speech if that speech is not vulgar or threatening bodily harm....

You sure you want your screen name on that statement?.... what does a menu have to do with the 2nd amendment?....

This thread is talking about the right to free speech (1st Amendment). The right to bear arms is in the 2nd. Why are you confusing the two?

And...............you never answered my question.............if FOX or OAN refused to air an ad for BLM during Black History Month, does that mean that they are denying free speech to BLM, or, is it simply a business decision by the networks because that particular ad doesn't fit in with their target audience?

Why do you do it? What’s the proper “American” reason?
How can we grow with speech rules to follow?.... where would we be now if we practiced this kind of censorship in the 60's?.....

This thread is talking about the right to free speech (1st Amendmnet). The right to bear arms is in the 2nd. Why are you confusing the two?

And...............you never answered my question.............if FOX or OAN refused to air an ad for BLM during Black History Month, does that mean that they are denying free speech to BLM, or, is it simply a business decision by the networks because that particular ad doesn't fit in with their target audience?
I meant the 1st amendment my mistake....

You sure you want your screen name on that statement?.... what does a menu have to do with the 2nd amendment?....
Not much. Did you think I was relating a menu with gun rights?

My point has to do with your statement about the “unAmerican” way direct TV dropped Newsmax. What’s a proper “American” way for a business owner to make a decision for their own business. You said they can’t use opinion or politics. So what’s the standard?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back