NFL refuses to air Super Bowl gun commercial

Americans do for more killing with cars than guns but no one would dream of banning car commercials.

NFL Bans Super Bowl Gun Commercial - Guns & Ammo

November 27, 2013

Daniel Defense recently submitted a commercial to FOX to be played during the 2014 NFL Super Bowl XLVIII. Though the video doesn’t showcase one of the company’s popular DDM4 rifles, this paid advertisement spot was rejected by the NFL.

The commercial, which focuses on themes of personal protection and fundamental rights, was originally created by Daniel Defense to run in any network TV station at any time.

According to a statement from FOX to Daniel Defense, “Unfortunately, we cannot accept your commercial in football/Super Bowl spots due to the rules the NFL itself has set into place for your company’s category.”

The NFL’s Advertising Policy addresses several Prohibited Advertising Categories, including guidelines for ads featuring alcohol, video games, movies, prescription drugs, and, of course, firearms.

So they followed an established policy? Your point?
Of course it may be hypocritical, but it is their right to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An "Established" Policy?

Please.. At best the NFL has been using selective enforcement of that policy this year.

piss on the NFL.

Why?

Because it won’t air a gun commercial, who cares?

The NFL is a private entity, it’s at liberty to do as it wishes – the joy of the private sector; isn’t that what you rightists are all about?

I care. And as a private individual, I don't have to buy or watch their crap, and can encourage others to do the same. Or should watching the NFL and buying NFL products be mandatory now as well?

Exactly, boycott, let the NFL know.

Well, let's look at this from the point of view of the NFL. They have to find time to not only show all of the beer commercials and half-naked chicks tongue kissing geeks but also show a game where huge dudes slam into each other full speed and shorten their life spans by giving each other brain damage. They don't have the time to show something as violent and socially irredeemable as a gun commercial.

Americans do for more killing with cars than guns but no one would dream of banning car commercials.

So they followed an established policy? Your point?
Of course it may be hypocritical, but it is their right to decide.

An "Established" Policy?

Please.. At best the NFL has been using selective enforcement of that policy this year.

Like I said... It may be hypocritical but it is their right to decide. So the point of your post?

piss on the NFL.

Why?

The NFL is a private entity, it’s at liberty to do as it wishes – the joy of the private sector; isn’t that what you rightists are all about?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd9QDevZn-0]How Football Fleeces Taxpayers: Gregg Easterbrook on The King of Sports - YouTube[/ame]

yeah its private entity :doubt:

The business is compliant with the law in its right to reject such an advertisement.

Last edited:
Of course the NFL has an absolute right to accept or reject any kind of advertising it wants.

Do you think that ads for movies with lots of guns, shooting, car chases and explosions will be accepted?

I don't watch the superbowl, Animal Planet runs the Puppy Bowl at the same time as an alternative and that's what I usually watch.

The Nanny/Police Staters run our nation at this point. So it's no surprise they run the NFL as well. "GUNS ARE BAAAD!!!" blah blah blah. These same morons will likely ban tackling at some point too. Just more Nanny/Police State B.S. The ad was brilliant. Shame on the NFL.

Question to the NFL: How many trailers for violent video games/movies did you approve to air during the Super Bowl?

Commericial advertising defense of family and property with guns: BAD
Commericals advertising violent games/movies: GOOD

Question to the NFL: How many trailers for violent video games/movies did you approve to air during the Super Bowl?

Commericial advertising defense of family and property with guns: BAD
Commericals advertising violent games/movies: GOOD

FAIL

How many trailers for violent video games/movies did they air in the last Super Bowl?

Not a single one.

Here are the NFL rules for things which are banned from their advertising: http://compassmedianetworks.com/images/sports/forms/nfladvertisingpolicy.pdf

Movies, video games and other media that contain or promote objectionable material or subject matter (e.g., overtly sexual or excessively violent material), as determined by the NFL.

Here is the complete list of ads aired during the last Super Bowl: http://screenrant.com/super-bowl-commercials-2012-aco-149203/all/1/

No ads for movies or video games of any sort.

Last edited:
piss on the NFL.

Why?

I care. And as a private individual, I don't have to buy or watch their crap, and can encourage others to do the same. Or should watching the NFL and buying NFL products be mandatory now as well?

Of course not, don’t be ridiculous; no one can be ‘forced’ to buy anything, be it NFL products or health insurance.

piss on the NFL.

Why?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd9QDevZn-0]How Football Fleeces Taxpayers: Gregg Easterbrook on The King of Sports - YouTube[/ame]

yeah its private entity :doubt:

Yes the NFL is a private entity, regardless what taxpayers might foolishly buy it.

The Nanny/Police Staters run our nation at this point. So it's no surprise they run the NFL as well. "GUNS ARE BAAAD!!!" blah blah blah. These same morons will likely ban tackling at some point too. Just more Nanny/Police State B.S. The ad was brilliant. Shame on the NFL.

Another rightwing nitwit who thinks the NFL is a ‘government agency.’

Well, it does have the word "National" in there!!!!

Didn't say it was, dummy. I said moronic Nanny/Police Staters like you run it. Now we're all just waiting for you guys to ban tackling. The Ad was fantastic. This man risked his life serving and defending our Constitution. In contrast, what the Hell have you ever done for our Nation?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back