NGO Watchdog Slams Amnesty Report

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
An NGO monitoring organization claims Amnesty Int's anti-Israel bias is obvious.
Assuming their assessment is correct, what is the source of A.I.'s bias?

NGO Monitor, the Jerusalem-based charity watchdog, on Thursday condemned a report from Amnesty International as “falsely and maliciously” accusing Israel of “callous disregard for human life.”

Watchdog NGO Monitor Slams Amnesty Report on IDF as False, Malicious and Lacking Credibility | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com

the link to the 87 page report was on the article page
http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/a...14a-418f-ac20-6c9e5c8d9f88/mde150022014en.pdf

NGO Monitor

Founder: Gerald Steinberg

Focus : End promotion of "politically and ideologically motivated anti-Israel agendas" by certain NGOs.

Registered with: The Non-Profit Organizations in Israel.

Funders has in the past come from: The Jewish Agency for Israel. Jewish Federations of North America. The Center for Jewish Community Studies.

Staff news: The on-line communications editor of NGO Monitor, Arnie Draiman, was indefinitely banned from editing articles about the Israeli-Arab conflict for biased editing, concealing his place of work and using a second account in a way that is forbidden by Wikipedia policy

It's a good job that Amnesty have a whiter than white organisation, one which nobody could ever find the slightest hint of bias, such as this one to critique their reports to keep them honest.

I joke of course. I have no idea whether or not Amnesty have been false, malicious and lacking in credibility but in a toss up between a human rights NGO and an NGO with the remit to be critical of NGOs that are critical of Israel I know where my instincts tell me the truth is more likely to be being told.

Then maybe you should stop focusing on labels and check out the *content*.....

Do you REALLY fantasize that people who list their profession as 'anti-Israel-apartheid activist' are going to be unbiased and objective when collecting, recording, and interpreting data relating to activities which they believe are of that topic?

I don't think anyone is that sainted.

Then maybe you should stop focusing on labels and check out the *content*.....

Do you REALLY fantasize that people who list their profession as 'anti-Israel-apartheid activist' are going to be unbiased and objective when collecting, recording, and interpreting data relating to activities which they believe are of that topic?

I don't think anyone is that sainted.

Where the fuck were you in the 10 or so threads this week that condemned Amnesty International as a Pro-Hamas/Anti-Israel pressure group with you "why don't you read the content line" Fucking NOWHERE that's where! I'll happily read the content but nobody else will and if I in any way use the content in any way in a discussion that discussion will die on it's ass and a new "Boo hoo any condemnation of Israel is anti-semitism" thread would pop up the next day.

My point stands as much as it ever does if you actually bothered to read it.

I have no idea whether or not Amnesty have been false, malicious and lacking in credibility but in a toss up between a human rights NGO and an NGO with the remit to be critical of NGOs that are critical of Israel I know where my instincts tell me the truth is more likely to be being told.

Thanks for your kind words and your measured response to my inquiry. : ))

If you will link to those threads where you feel I could have made a contribution, I will check them out.

Thanks for your kind words and your measured response to my inquiry. : ))

If you will link to those threads where you feel I could have made a contribution, I will check them out.

This first one might be a good starting point. Also one about jesus being a zionist (mad I know as his historical existance is still very debatable) is pretty lively.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/israel-and-palestine/342545-the-killing-goes-on.html

..........and when amnesty is wrong, NGO monitoring and other should speak out. Same with the hypocrisy of UN organizations.
Jesus was a zionist. "The religious and emotional qualities of the name arises from the importance of Jerusalem as the royal city and the city of the temple. "Mount Zion" is the place where God dwells." ~ Isa. 8:18, Psalm 74:2 ~ Ambassador to the UN, Herzog.

Forum List

Back