No charges for seller of gun used in killings

Did the seller go though an FFL dealer and have the proper background check done?

If not, why is Holder's Justice Department looking the other way.

If it was only listed, and they met in person for a private transaction, probably no law was broken.

If they shipped it without a license, or, the guy regularly sells guns, and is thus illegally engaging in the gun trade, Justice needs to act.

If it had been a car used to plow into a group of pedestrians would the seller be responsible?

How about the store that sells rat poison bought and used to poison an entire first grade class?

But...the ex convict new it was against the law for him to buy a gun...right? apparently, that law did not stop him....so why would another law stop him?

Unless Virginia requires some spell check on personal sales of firearms they have nothing to charge the seller with.

Which is morally wrong. ALL gun sales should require a back ground check.

I know, I know, but just common decency demands it at this point, there's too many whack jobs out there and you can't always tell by looking at them

And of course, many people just don't care.

Unless Virginia requires some spell check on personal sales of firearms they have nothing to charge the seller with.

Nah you can be in and out with whatever you want in 10 minutes here.
Only personal sales through a FFL requires a background check.

Of course. The freakin NRA is based here. Hell even people who don't own guns here probably have one and they just forgot or don't know about it.

What about the Border Patrol officers and hundreds of Mexican citizens who were killed with weapons shipped by the ATF to drug cartels? Never mind potential prosecution for negligent homicide, not a freaking ATF or federal officer was even fired. Call for the indictment of the A.G. before you skip around the Nation for outrageous stories about gun sales.

I know, I know, but just common decency demands it at this point, there's too many whack jobs out there and you can't always tell by looking at them

Ya cause crooks get all their firearms by legal means? MOST illegal firearms are NOT sold by an individual legally selling a firearm. Background checks do not now stop people from getting firearms and committing crimes. Most of the last years major murder stories involved legally acquired firearms.

Ya cause crooks get all their firearms by legal means? MOST illegal firearms are NOT sold by an individual legally selling a firearm. Background checks do not now stop people from getting firearms and committing crimes. Most of the last years major murder stories involved legally acquired firearms.

I realize this sir, but all we can do is prevent what we can prevent.

It's the exact same way I feel about so many other things, such as voter id. No, it won't catch all the fraud, but all we can do is what we can do.

I have no problem with background checks between private individuals. I do have a problem that every one of those schemes has a gun registration component. That kills them with me.

I have no problem with background checks between private individuals. I do have a problem that every one of those schemes has a gun registration component. That kills them with me.

I dont like gun registration either. Unless a gun is used in a crime you should NEVER have to show the government that you own it or ever did.

It is simple. You want to sell a gun, you go down to the local PD, they run a background check , if it turns out clear, you sell the gun. You fill out a receipt and you keep a coy of that receipt yourself (including all pertinent information on said gun) and give one copy to the buyer. Nothing for the PD

If the person who bought that gun commits a crime with that gun and can't tell the PD where he got said gun. Make that a crime.

If he says " I bought it from WestWall" , they come to you and ask if you have a copy of the background check. Yes? Thank you sir, and they are on their way.

Done

Gun registration is an infringement on our 2nd Amendment rights and illegal.

It's a SLIGHT infringement if even that.

NO different than Voter ID laws in principle.

Wrong, there is only one reason for registration and that has been proven true through out history as well right here in the States.

Wrong, there is only one reason for registration and that has been proven true through out history as well right here in the States.

I just showed you a perfectly realistic scenario where gun registration would not be part of background checks

I dont like gun registration either. Unless a gun is used in a crime you should NEVER have to show the government that you own it or ever did.

It is simple. You want to sell a gun, you go down to the local PD, they run a background check , if it turns out clear, you sell the gun. You fill out a receipt and you keep a coy of that receipt yourself (including all pertinent information on said gun) and give one copy to the buyer. Nothing for the PD

If the person who bought that gun commits a crime with that gun and can't tell the PD where he got said gun. Make that a crime.

If he says " I bought it from WestWall" , they come to you and ask if you have a copy of the background check. Yes? Thank you sir, and they are on their way.

Done

That doesnt do anything but protect the seller. The criminal still got his gun and possibly killed someone with it.
Why punish the honest seller? You pretty much have him telling the cops he owns firearms,in my mind thats nothing but backdoor registration.

Last edited:

So if you sell your brother a firearm you should run a background check on him?

Forum List

Back