No Evidence

Link?
you want me to post a link that doesn't exist?

You don't have a link that says no one can measure radiation emitted by ice?
Then how did you come to that conclusion?
you have one? If I can't find one, means there isn't one that I have found. did you read what I wrote? you want me to provide you with something that I don't think exists since I can't find any. So please, walk up to the Bar and post that link that Ice will radiate at the hot cup of coffee and make it warmer.

you have one?

No, I don't have a link that backs up your erroneous claim.

So please, walk up to the Bar and post that link that Ice will radiate at the hot cup of coffee and make it warmer.

Did you not understand the formula? Ice will radiate at the hot cup, but the hot cup radiates more.
That means the ice warms and the cup cools. It's simple math. I understand why that confuses you.
so you have nothing that shows the ice emitting to the coffee? just as I stated.

so you have nothing that shows the ice emitting to the coffee?

View attachment 233104
that isn't observed. so I'm waiting.

Was the experiment I linked up thread too complex?

Do you realize what you are saying here?...::
Hot coffee in a room at room temperature will cool. Hot coffee in the same room but with ice cubes close by will cool slower. Hot coffee surrounded by even more ice cubes will cool even slower. That is the effect of radiating ice cubes.
According to you the coffee sheds heat by radiation faster if it has radiate into warm air and the more ice cubes are surrounding it the slower it cools.....and you say that is based on the Stefan Boltzmann equation!!! Imagine if I would say that how your buddies would dogpile me. I could really shred you to bits with that, but I won`t because unlike your buddies you have been relatively civil and I let it pass as a momentary glitch. Maybe your TV volume was too high and Dom Lemon or Cuomo were on while you were typing that.
Read post #541 above. I needed a nap when I posted the misprint. I had to look up Lemon and Cuomo. I never watch CNN - too much fluff.
But I hope you understand that nobody in their right mind would actually believe that radiation from a cold object would actually heat a warmer object. A lot of the less science inclined here could not digest the meaning of what was being said about two way radiation.
Quite alright...don`t worry about it. You fell asleep at the wheel, I was pretty sure it was something like that.
I`m not Crick or his sock puppet and use that to call you what they really are themselves.

no it won't it will cool faster. the ice cube will cause the heat from the coffee to emit more heat flows to cold. the colder the quicker it cools. you should read up. Darwin's law or something.

I will do the experiment tonight. It is easy to confirm.
Right. No need to do an experiment. I misspoke. I meant to say the bold faced changes:

Hot coffee in a room at room temperature will cool. Hot coffee in the same room but with ice cubes close by will cool faster. Hot coffee surrounded by even more ice cubes will cool even faster. That is the effect of radiating ice cubes.​

The radiating ice cubes block the room temperature emissions at 400 W/m² and replace them with even lower emissions from the ice cubes at 300 W/m².
so, if you agree that cold ice will cause the hot coffee to cool faster, how can the atmosphere that is cooler than the surface warm the surface? you have just agreed that the cooler will in fact cause warm to cool faster. Right? so where is the greenhouse roof in the atmosphere?

how can the atmosphere that is cooler than the surface warm the surface? you have just agreed that the cooler will in fact cause warm to cool faster. Right?

Which is cooler, our atmosphere or the vacuum of space?
which is cooler the atmosphere or the surface?

Usually the atmosphere is cooler.
and that's where the heat goes, and yet, it's cold.

you have one? If I can't find one, means there isn't one that I have found. did you read what I wrote? you want me to provide you with something that I don't think exists since I can't find any. So please, walk up to the Bar and post that link that Ice will radiate at the hot cup of coffee and make it warmer.

you have one?

So please, walk up to the Bar and post that link that Ice will radiate at the hot cup of coffee and make it warmer.

Did you not understand the formula? Ice will radiate at the hot cup, but the hot cup radiates more.
That means the ice warms and the cup cools. It's simple math. I understand why that confuses you.
so you have nothing that shows the ice emitting to the coffee? just as I stated.

View attachment 233104

had nothing to do with an ice cube warming coffee.

Right. No need to do an experiment. I misspoke. I meant to say the bold faced changes:

Hot coffee in a room at room temperature will cool. Hot coffee in the same room but with ice cubes close by will cool faster. Hot coffee surrounded by even more ice cubes will cool even faster. That is the effect of radiating ice cubes.​

The radiating ice cubes block the room temperature emissions at 400 W/m² and replace them with even lower emissions from the ice cubes at 300 W/m².
so, if you agree that cold ice will cause the hot coffee to cool faster, how can the atmosphere that is cooler than the surface warm the surface? you have just agreed that the cooler will in fact cause warm to cool faster. Right? so where is the greenhouse roof in the atmosphere?

how can the atmosphere that is cooler than the surface warm the surface? you have just agreed that the cooler will in fact cause warm to cool faster. Right?

Cold compared to what?
Warm compared to what?

Cold compared to what?
Warm compared to what?
cold atmosphere compared to the warm surface. warm on the surface compared to the cooler atmosphere.

you have one?

View attachment 233104

It had to do with the Stefan-Boltzmann formula.
Why does it work for the experiment and not for an ice cube?

Cold compared to what?
Warm compared to what?
cold atmosphere compared to the warm surface. warm on the surface compared to the cooler atmosphere.

The atmosphere is warmer than space.

View attachment 233104

I didn't know the ice cube to the coffee was in a vacuum?

Cold compared to what?
Warm compared to what?

and?

View attachment 233104

Cold compared to what?
Warm compared to what?

and?

The ice cube radiates toward the coffee and the coffee radiates toward the ice cube.
Still confused?

and?

That's why GHGs slow the cooling of the surface.

Cold compared to what?
Warm compared to what?

and?

The ice cube radiates toward the coffee and the coffee radiates toward the ice cube.
Still confused?

and?

not at all, but again, you have no evidence that the ice cube actually radiates toward the coffee, been waiting for that experiment. still haven't seen it.

Cold compared to what?
Warm compared to what?

and?

Still confused?

and?

not at all, but again, you have no evidence that the ice cube actually radiates toward the coffee, been waiting for that experiment. still haven't seen it.

you have no evidence that the ice cube actually radiates toward the coffee,

Why does Stefan-Boltzmann work for the experiment but not the ice cube?

Spell it out...….

and?

Still confused?

and?

Spell it out...….
it's not in a vacuum as I already stated. still waiting on that observed ice flow to the coffee.

and?

Still confused?

and?

Spell it out...….
it's not in a vacuum as I already stated. still waiting on that observed ice flow to the coffee.

Matter only radiates in a vacuum? That's your play?

and?

Still confused?

and?

Spell it out...….

cold to warm yep. you can post observation I'm wrong.

Still confused?

and?

Spell it out...….

Can you expand your point?

Spell it out...….

sure, show me an ice cube radiating toward hot coffee

Spell it out...….

The formula is too complex?

doesn't show that the ice cube will radiate toward hot coffee. nope.

doesn't show that the ice cube will radiate toward hot coffee. nope.

Does the ice cube radiate on its own?
If it does, why would it stop if hot coffee came close?

Forum List

Back