No more Duck/Goose liver in New York City after 2022

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
image1-4.jpg

And the city council voted 42-6 in favor of banning stores, farmers’ markets and restaurants from storing and selling pâté de foie gras. They claim they did so because it comes from the cruel practice of feeding birds. Must be something because it costs about $16 for a 3.17oz can of it.

Does this story ever bring back memories. I wrote in my blog. A Soldier’s Stories, Setting out to tour Southern France about my experience with it back in 1958. I was fresh out of my army schools to be a construction equipment mechanic and was assigned to a camp in the woods north of Bordeaux, France. After my settling in time, one of the guys in my unit was going back to The World and he had a bicyckle for sale. Not just any kind of bike but one with a 1 horsepower gas motor on it.

220px-Velosolex.jpg

I’ll try to make the long story short. On Saturday’s, I would take off the explore the countryside. Someone told me about a beach resort not that far away. I was more than eager to see all those hot French babes in their bikinis.

Along the way, I came to a small village and the smell of fresh-baked bagatelles was too much to ignore. The bakery had a half load for a few sous. There was a butcher shop next door and I saw a gray, pasty stuff that looked like it would go great smeared on the bread. Add a bottle of Bordeaux wine and I was set for a day of girl-watching at a French beach.

Turned out to be a great lunch and I got very fond of that paste whenever I traveled around the south of France.

Oh. The girl watching. I hate to tell you but this was back when they had no idea of using a razor for arm pits or that other place. Nothing more disgusting than seeing big tufts of black hair sticking out you-no-where.

Anyway, more about the NYC ban @ New York City to Ban Foie Gras

Cruel practice of feeding animals?
Is this shit satire?

Are you seriously unfamiliar with foie gras? Obviously it's not about simply "feeding animals," the ducks are force fed, by having a metal rod jammed violently down their throats, and they're over-fed which results in a diseased liver. And that's just part of it, everything about it is cruel from start to finish, and one would have to be either ignorant or have zero empathy to support something as evil as this.

Is this shit satire?

Are you seriously unfamiliar with foie gras? Obviously it's not about simply "feeding animals," the ducks are force fed, by having a metal rod jammed violently down their throats, and they're over-fed which results in a diseased liver. And that's just part of it, everything about it is cruel from start to finish, and one would have to be either ignorant or have zero empathy to support something as evil as this.

I refuse to eat it. So cruel.

Though after reading about avocados, I've given them up too.

Is this shit satire?

Seriously if you lived around water fowl like I do you wouldn't want to eat any of their livers in any form. The liver is a filter. Eating it, in water fowl especially?

Nah. Trust me. Nah

And the city council voted 42-6 in favor of banning stores, farmers’ markets and restaurants from storing and selling pâté de foie gras. They claim they did so because it comes from the cruel practice of feeding birds. Must be something because it costs about $16 for a 3.17oz can of it.

Does this story ever bring back memories. I wrote in my blog. A Soldier’s Stories, Setting out to tour Southern France about my experience with it back in 1958. I was fresh out of my army schools to be a construction equipment mechanic and was assigned to a camp in the woods north of Bordeaux, France. After my settling in time, one of the guys in my unit was going back to The World and he had a bicyckle for sale. Not just any kind of bike but one with a 1 horsepower gas motor on it.

220px-Velosolex.jpg

I’ll try to make the long story short. On Saturday’s, I would take off the explore the countryside. Someone told me about a beach resort not that far away. I was more than eager to see all those hot French babes in their bikinis.

Along the way, I came to a small village and the smell of fresh-baked bagatelles was too much to ignore. The bakery had a half load for a few sous. There was a butcher shop next door and I saw a gray, pasty stuff that looked like it would go great smeared on the bread. Add a bottle of Bordeaux wine and I was set for a day of girl-watching at a French beach.

Turned out to be a great lunch and I got very fond of that paste whenever I traveled around the south of France.

Oh. The girl watching. I hate to tell you but this was back when they had no idea of using a razor for arm pits or that other place. Nothing more disgusting than seeing big tufts of black hair sticking out you-no-where.

The Elites have spoken. Though I love animals and am not for the process, NYC has decided for you that if you live there you are not entitled to it, which means they will affect the world market demand by about 0.001% and simply create an illegal underground market for it there anyway, at an even higher jacked up price.

220px-Velosolex.jpg

The Elites have spoken. Though I love animals and am not for the process, NYC has decided for you that if you live there you are not entitled to it, which means they will affect the world market demand by about 0.001% and simply create an illegal underground market for it there anyway, at an even higher jacked up price.

Times are changing. With the internet, more and more people are learning about what goes on in the animal industries behind closed doors, and and a growing number of companies are responding to what people want. In many cases, it's supply and demand, so to portray it as all about the "elites" is misleading. The elites couldn't care less about animals, they don't even care about humans.

I know this is a very unpopular view on this site, but the world is going in the direction of veganism, it is the future. And as I've said before on other threads, from a Christian perspective, it's God's ultimate plan, to restore the peace and harmony that existed in the beginning. So if people hate the idea of veganism so much, they'll have to take it up with God, because one day "the wolf will live with the lamb" as stated in Isaiah 11.

Mindful said:
I Missed That One
What's Up With The Avocado

This explains it better than I could.

Avocado Cartels: The Violent Reality Behind "Green Gold" | INTELIGENCIA

After reading about a village in Peru ruined because all of its water being diverted to irrigate enourmous avocado fields, it decided it for me. I don't have many principles left, but this is a new one for me. I will eat avocados that are grown in the garden where I live for part of the year.

Is this shit satire?

Seriously if you lived around water fowl like I do you wouldn't want to eat any of their livers in any form. The liver is a filter. Eating it, in water fowl especially?

Nah. Trust me. Nah

There are beneficial nutrients in liver?

I eat a lot of it.

image1-4.jpg

220px-Velosolex.jpg

I think NYC City should ban BBQ, goat meat, and tofu.

Mindful said:
I Missed That One

After reading about a village in Peru ruined because all of its water being diverted to irrigate enourmous avocado fields, it decided it for me. I don't have many principles left, but this is a new one for me. I will eat avocados that are grown in the garden where I live for part of the year.
Avocados are very good. Homemade guacamole is the bomb.

New Jersey is 15 mins away by Path Train. Buy all you want in Hoboken.

Is this shit satire?

I think the process would be better if they were released and I could shoot them on the fly.

Mindful said:
I Missed That One

Avocados are very good. Homemade guacamole is the bomb.

I don't deny it.

Forum List

Back