No more "Origin" stories…..please….

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
We now all pretty much know the story of Batman, and Superman and now apparently James Bond……how about the lazy writers get on to creating stories about them that don't lazily use their origins as a starting point…use the characters already in their careers and write stories that actually take some creativity…...

And the "origin" story for the new Star Trek movies really, really sucked…..the Spock part as a boy wasn't too bad…but Kirk's was stupid…..how about they learn something about the navy and military traditions before they do any more movies….

Oh hell, you haven't even begun to see the epic Origin madness. Didn't you hear? Disney bought the rights to Star wars. There is all sorts of origin madness up on deck.

Rogue Squadron has already begun filming. . .

Oh hell, you haven't even begun to see the epic Origin madness. Didn't you hear? Disney bought the rights to Star wars. There is all sorts of origin madness up on deck.

What they need to do is go back 4000 years before the period when the movies took place, and portray the story of Darth Revan and the Old Rebublic... when Jedi and Sith were as numerous as the stars in the sky, and before Bane's rule of two completely reorganized the Sith.

I'd like to see an indisputably factual film about the origin of Barack Obama, with particular focus on his university years and what precisely he produced in that time.

What they need to do is go back 4000 years before the period when the movies took place, and portray the story of Darth Revan and the Old Rebublic... when Jedi and Sith were as numerous as the stars in the sky, and before Bane's rule of two completely reorganized the Sith.

Apparently you didn't get the memo. All the books are no longer considered anything but crap. Forget all that. It never existed.

If the Thrawn trilogy never existed, neither does any of that. Get over it.

Apparently you didn't get the memo. All the books are no longer considered anything but crap. Forget all that. It never existed.

Damn! Sensitive much? It really doesn't matter to me what Disney does... we still got the SW Old Testament thanks to the Force's prophet George Lucas, which includes everything included in the expanded universe. That still exists and ain't goin anywhere, no matter what happens in the SW New Testament.

Damn! Sensitive much? It really doesn't matter to me what Disney does... we still got the SW Old Testament thanks to the Force's prophet George Lucas, which includes everything included in the expanded universe. That still exists and ain't goin anywhere, no matter what happens in the SW New Testament.

Do you want to know why those stories won't be used? The simple truth?

Money. That's all. Disney doesn't own them, and they would have to pay royalties to those authors. And Disney doesn't want to do that.

Well, in order to live, we must accept two realities, so, why not accept two story arcs, right? Well, good on you. ;)

But, I was merely commenting on what a foolish fantasy it was to wish Disney to make movies of books that they would never buy the rights to. Likewise, don't expect the Rogue movie to resemble the books or video games in any way. (It would cut into their profits.)

(And if George was ever a prophet, now he is nothing but a "profit." Everyone knows the spirit left him and he's nothing but a greedy SOB.)

Yeah the storylines I was referring to were from the Knights of the Old Republic videogames, but I wasn't at all seriously suggesting that Disney would make use of them. I just think it would be an awesome story to be seen portrayed in film.

Yeah the storylines I was referring to were from the Knights of the Old Republic videogames, but I wasn't at all seriously suggesting that Disney would make use of them. I just think it would be an awesome story to be seen portrayed in film.
Yeah, it was a sad day. . .

4-05-billion-disney-lucasfilm-2012.jpg

e93a7c4795d7ca74c6e6ac1b88e724d0.jpg

aj0jrD0_700b.jpg

To his defense... 4 billion dollars is a hell of a lot of money, and rightly earned for his part in Star Wars. Besides... Lucas won't be around forever. I think he also wanted to ensure that Star Wars lives on after he becomes one with the Force... and Disney was a solid choice. The real horror is when John Williams dies. What are they going to do for music? A Disney soundtrack? Good god...:eek:

By the way... I ain't gonna lie but I did kinda like how they edited the old Anakin out and brought Episide 3 Anakin into Return of the Jedi....

Last edited:
What, no origin story about Underdog? Mighty Mouse? Chuck Norris?

We now all pretty much know the story of Batman, and Superman and now apparently James Bond……how about the lazy writers get on to creating stories about them that don't lazily use their origins as a starting point…use the characters already in their careers and write stories that actually take some creativity…...

Remember reading somethign way back saying how there's only like a dozen different stories in all of literature. The fact that there's millions only means there's millions of different ways of saying the same thing. :)

Remember reading somethign way back saying how there's only like a dozen different stories in all of literature. The fact that there's millions only means there's millions of different ways of saying the same thing. :)

Joseph Cambell​

Joseph Cambell​

Sounds right, think I"m remembering the doc about Star Wars where Lucas credited Cambell.

Joseph Campbell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back