No, Mr. President.

Just a question... how does being transgendered affect the potency of our military? Can anyone answer that for me?

It undercuts it, spending money to make soldiers weaker just doesn't make sense. It's just that simple.

Okay, Tex, let me clarify something.

I don't want the government or the military to accommodate them in any way, other than what other soldiers and personnel are provided with. They are there to serve, not to play Mr. Potato with their nether regions on the taxpayer dime.

My whole idea is to let them serve, but stipulate they must bunk and serve with members who match their biological sex. Men with men, women with women. But to expound, I'll redirect you to the OP:

"However, you also cannot have a man identifying as a woman running around the barracks filled with female soldiers/personnel and vise versa, as such in addition to thriving on strength of numbers and collective experience, armies also thrive on uniformity.

If a transgendered person is to serve in our military, this proverbial man identifying as a woman should be assigned to missions and facilities that match the capabilities and characteristics of his biological sex. If they refuse, charge them with insubordination under the UCMJ. Furthermore, when a soldier who identifies as the opposite sex wants a sex change, it should not be the responsibility of the government, and subsequently the taxpayer, to pay for it.

Our defense money is meant for DEFENSE. Getting a sex change does not have a modicum of impact on national defense. The will to serve this country should outweigh a gender preference; and if one places their gender identity over their willingness to serve, they don't belong in the military. Period. Duty above all.
"

Are you suggesting the military give people time off to have surgery and recovery, even if they pay for it themselves?

No.

I am suggesting that if you are a transgender who wants a sex change and are considering joining the armed forces, you have some options. Such as, have the sex change done before you join the military on your own time and dime, or don't join the military. The military should not accommodate you in that way. You are there to serve your country, and if you are a transgendered individual who wants a sex change and who is already in the military, you should be discharged for making that kind of demand. That is not what you are there for. When you take time out to have that surgery you are subtracting from the overall strength of the fighting force, thus I should add that such a demand be a disqualifier for any transgendered individual wanting to join the military.

We don't need transgendered assholes in the military.

They should be banned.

The taxpayer also should not be paying for elective surgeries or hormone therapy.

Discharge them all. They are disruptive and destructive to morale.

They are mentally ill and all should be sectioned 8 discharges!

I think banning "transgendered" people from serving in the military is a bit much. Armies for tens of thousands of years have thrived on strength of numbers and collective experience, thus in present day, that strength and experience is unaffected by being transgender. However, you also cannot have a man identifying as a woman running around the barracks filled with female soldiers/personnel and vise versa, as such in addition to thriving on strength of numbers and collective experience, armies also thrive on uniformity.

If a transgendered person is to serve in our military, this proverbial man identifying as a woman should be assigned to missions and facilities that match the capabilities and characteristics of his biological sex. If they refuse, charge them with insubordination under the UCMJ. Furthermore, when a soldier who identifies as the opposite sex wants a sex change, it should not be the responsibility of the government, and subsequently the taxpayer, to pay for it.

Our defense money is meant for DEFENSE. Getting a sex change does not have a modicum of impact on national defense. The will to serve this country should outweigh a gender preference; and if one places their gender identity over their willingness to serve, they don't belong in the military. Period. Duty above all.

With all that being said, you should never ban someone from serving our country. You take power away from our fighting force when you keep fully capable individuals from serving in our military. You limit the pool of prospective soldiers and personnel that you can draw from.

So, while I voted for you President Trump, I must disagree with this particular decision made by you and your generals. A compromise must be made to keep our fighting force strong and ready.
O

You have to be both mentally and physically fit to serve in the US military, and them thinking that they're the other gender (or a completely made up internet gender) isn't qualifying.

Interestingly, this is a mental disorder that would not compromise their ability to perform their duty. Succumbing to their gender preference would.
Their mental illness is primarily fueled by feeling. Their feeling that they're the wrong gender. That could cause them to not do their duty.
I disagree. It does not affect the way they fire a weapon or engage in combat in general. They enlisted fully knowing the consequences of any misbehavior while in uniform. I don't see how being transgendered would affect other areas of their judgement.

You have to be both mentally and physically fit to serve in the US military, and them thinking that they're the other gender (or a completely made up internet gender) isn't qualifying.

Interestingly, this is a mental disorder that would not compromise their ability to perform their duty. Succumbing to their gender preference would.
Their mental illness is primarily fueled by feeling. Their feeling that they're the wrong gender. That could cause them to not do their duty.
I disagree. It does not affect the way they fire a weapon or engage in combat in general. They enlisted fully knowing the consequences of any misbehavior while in uniform. I don't see how being transgendered would affect other areas of their judgement.

Most transgendered people suffer from depression and other illnesses, causing their judgment to be clouded. There is also high suicide rates among their population. Military situations would only worsen this.

Just a question... how does being transgendered affect the potency of our military? Can anyone answer that for me?
I will assume that you haven't served.

The ability of a military unit is based on three primary factors: 1) readiness, 2) weaponry, and 3) cohesiveness.

Both readiness and cohesiveness of a military unit would be adversely impacted by transgenders serving. Cohesiveness is rooted in the absolute faith in your comrade-in-arms. That means you have to BELIEVE that he thinks like you, he acts like you, and he will react like you. Only then can you have complete reliance on what he's supposed to do. (Frankly, this is also a problem - though to a much smaller extent - with women serving in combat roles.)

Nobody questions the ability of a transgender to carry a rifle, or fire a tank, or throw a grenade. But, total reliance on their actions/reactions can't be attained when you don't understand how they think.

The ability of a military unit is based on three primary factors: 1) readiness, 2) weaponry, and 3) cohesiveness.

My lack of serving should not have an impact on my argument.

Here's how you enforce those three things

1) Readiness:

If you are transgender, be ready and prepared to serve with and bunk with members of the gender you were born with, not the one you identify with. Prepare yourself to be assigned to missions and tasks that suit the capabilities and proficiencies of your biological gender and not the gender you identify with. If you can't handle that, be ready for a court martial.

2) Weaponry:

If you are a transgender, you should learn well how to use a weapon and be proficient in combat, otherwise you are a useless asset. The enemy doesn't care about your gender preference, they are out there to kill you.

3) Cohesiveness:

See 1) and 2)

Last edited:
Nobody questions the ability of a transgender to carry a rifle, or fire a tank, or throw a grenade. But, total reliance on their actions/reactions can't be attained when you don't understand how they think.

Forgive my naivete, sir, but aren't soldiers paid to follow orders and think within the parameters of those orders? If they are able to follow orders, then the thought process is all but dictated. As predictable as is can be.

My lack of serving should not have an impact on my argument.

Here's how you enforce those three things

1) Readiness:

If you are transgender, be ready and prepared to serve with and bunk with members of the gender you were born with, not the one you identify with. Prepare yourself to be assigned to missions and tasks that suit the capabilities and proficiencies of your biological gender and not the gender you identify with. If you can't handle that, be ready for a court martial.

2) Weaponry:

If you are a transgender, you should learn well how to use a weapon and be proficient in combat, otherwise you are a useless asset. The enemy doesn't care about your gender preference, they are out there to kill you.

3) Cohesiveness:

See 1) and 2)

I return to my original statement - because you haven't served, you can't understand the dynamics of a military unit. Your commentary clearly demonstrates that you didn't understand a word I said.

The issue isn't with the transgender ... the issue is what do the other troops think of it, and will they trust him. The answer is no.

Forgive my naivete, sir, but aren't soldiers paid to follow orders and think within the parameters of those orders? If they are able to follow orders, then the thought process is all but dictated. As predictable as is can be.
Nope.

You are so far off-base it is frightening.

Forum List

Back