🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No Refunds

Amusement parks are going to take it on the chin even after guidelines are lifted. People are going to continue to avoid crowds. That's their choice.
Major parks rely on lines and jamming people into small spaces.
There is no way to keep a ride clean.
The affect on amusement parks is a major one in Central Florida. Located within Orange County, the county and Orlando do well by them. The affect will be bad as the city and county have turned bluer and bluer. Retirees may stop moving there. Other counties like Lake, Osceola, Polk and Seminole are affected also by this.
I can’t see the parks just flinging open their gates and have everyone come streaming in. They may have to limit admittance

Same goes for the cruise ships
There are people who have opinions on cruises both ways. If you have not had one, try it once. Shorter cruises are cheaper. Some cruise ships have less amenities but many people will not notice it. They were all state of the art and the largest or near it when built if a little older. The cruise industry is taking a bloody nose on this. And some of it is deserved.
I have been on ten cruises

Their profit margins are very slim. Running ships that are half empty will doom the industry.

People’s situation may change. They may need the money. They may move. Their favorite player may be traded.
I agree that getting a refund should be an option. When things get delayed and rescheduled which is pretty much what has happened with everything in question, the events may then fall on days where people who purchased tickets have to be somewhere else. Those who purchased tickets to this year's CMA Music Festival have been told to hang onto their tickets and use them to get into next year's gathering because it isn't going to happen this year. Sadly anything can happen between now and then to where some people may not be able to make it to Nashville for next year's activities.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wonder if Joe Diffie was supposed to be a part of this year's party in any way.......any one who was going to be there to see him should most definitely be given a refund now that their reason for attending isn't even here anymore at all period.

Last edited:
I have to agree with rightwinger on this one and if you can not deliver the product then refunds should be given...

If MLB Season is canceled then sorry the owners do not get to keep the money in my opinion.

Either refund the money or make other arrangements and some will want refunds seeing they are in hardship right now.

Now I do not hold season tickets, so I have no money in this but if a venue can not supply the entertainment promise then again they should refund the money...
Then be prepared to lose your seat license.
Be nice to see the punitive PSL larceny take a hit over this.
Love to see PSLs be a casualty of the virus.
Sports teams may have to fight for fans
If a team’s PSLs go away fans should insist a retired jersey be hung aloft with PSL on it as the name and a $ for its number.

Amusement parks are going to take it on the chin even after guidelines are lifted. People are going to continue to avoid crowds. That's their choice.
The affect on amusement parks is a major one in Central Florida. Located within Orange County, the county and Orlando do well by them. The affect will be bad as the city and county have turned bluer and bluer. Retirees may stop moving there. Other counties like Lake, Osceola, Polk and Seminole are affected also by this.
I can’t see the parks just flinging open their gates and have everyone come streaming in. They may have to limit admittance

There are people who have opinions on cruises both ways. If you have not had one, try it once. Shorter cruises are cheaper. Some cruise ships have less amenities but many people will not notice it. They were all state of the art and the largest or near it when built if a little older. The cruise industry is taking a bloody nose on this. And some of it is deserved.

Their profit margins are very slim. Running ships that are half empty will doom the industry.
You know they employ many foreigners. Many men and women employed are from Asia. From poorer nations. Spend a lot of time on those ships so they can support their families back home. To try to stay in a good mood day after day is not easy. But they succeed for the most part.

You know they employ many foreigners. Many men and women employed are from Asia. From poorer nations. Spend a lot of time on those ships so they can support their families back home. To try to stay in a good mood day after day is not easy. But they succeed for the most part.
That is why the Cruise Industry received nothing in stimulus from the United States.

First off. They register their ships in Panama, Liberia and Bermuda to avoid paying US Taxes and following US labor laws

Secondly, an overwhelming majority of the crew is foreign and they send their money home.

I can't believe the arrogance of people wanting refunds.I'm talking about season tickets to sports,amusement parks.zoo.concerts,etc.
Don't embarrass these places by wanting your money back.That money can be applied to next year.
xerox.jpg

I was supposed to go to Vegas for spring break with a friend of mine at the beginning of this month.

The airline canceled the flight and the resort was closed because of the virus.

I called the timeshare to get my week and money back. They at first refused to give me my week and money back. I talked them into giving my week back but they still refused to give me my money back.

So I would have ended up paying for that week twice.

I didn't accept that so I called my bank and disputed the charge on my credit card. I explained to them what was going on and even Bank of America believed it was wrong for them to keep my money. They put the dispute through and I got my money back.

I wanted back exactly what I gave them. That's only fair. I gave them my week that I paid for. I gave them the exchange fee for the week. They wanted to keep the week and the money then turn around and charge me again for the week.

I say those filthy rich and pampered football team owners should give everyone their money back. People paid to watch a live football game. If they owners can't deliver on what the customer paid for, the owners need to give everyone total refunds.

What the stupid owners don't realize is that if they do that they will have very happy customers who will continue to buy those very expensive tickets. So they will just get the money back next season.

What those greedy owners don't realize is that if they tick off their customers they will stop having customers.

If they can’t deliver their product, why shouldn’t you get a refund?

Sporting events are freaking expensive. Why should they just keep your money?

If season is cancelled, people should get back their money. If is paused, or delayed, with games being played at later date, there is no loss.

My question is, should athletes be paid if season is cancelled?

If season is cancelled, people should get back their money. If is paused, or delayed, with games being played at later date, there is no loss.

I think the NBA players were not paid
Baseball has guaranteed contracts. I don’t know how it affects a shutdown

That's if everything is normal.

You see, I actually asked for opinion, about should they be paid if season is cancelled.

That's if everything is normal.

You see, I actually asked for opinion, about should they be paid if season is cancelled.
I would say no

I have to agree with rightwinger on this one and if you can not deliver the product then refunds should be given...

If MLB Season is canceled then sorry the owners do not get to keep the money in my opinion.

Either refund the money or make other arrangements and some will want refunds seeing they are in hardship right now.

Now I do not hold season tickets, so I have no money in this but if a venue can not supply the entertainment promise then again they should refund the money...

You can not expect fans to eat the cost of season tickets if the league does not play that season.

Refunds will have to be done for that season, and to say " not our problem " will sour fans and you will lose more than what your kept.

Also depending in State and Federal Laws the owners of the league or event may have no say and will have to do it even after litigation...
Apply it towards next season

That is not really the owner choice when it come to refunds.

It will depend on the State and Local laws governing refunds along with if there was a provision in the sale safeguarding the team or the event if a cancellation happens.

Teams have insurance and so do event organizers, so refunds will most likely happen and to say " not our problem wait until next year " most likely will not fly...

I can't believe the arrogance of people wanting refunds.I'm talking about season tickets to sports,amusement parks.zoo.concerts,etc.
Don't embarrass these places by wanting your money back.That money can be applied to next year.
I'd like to see a general policy of 1/2 refunds. You get 1/2 your money back, players get 1/2 of their salary, statiums get 1/2 of their rent. At least everyone shares the pain.

You can not expect fans to eat the cost of season tickets if the league does not play that season.

Refunds will have to be done for that season, and to say " not our problem " will sour fans and you will lose more than what your kept.

Also depending in State and Federal Laws the owners of the league or event may have no say and will have to do it even after litigation...
Apply it towards next season

That is not really the owner choice when it come to refunds.

It will depend on the State and Local laws governing refunds along with if there was a provision in the sale safeguarding the team or the event if a cancellation happens.

Teams have insurance and so do event organizers, so refunds will most likely happen and to say " not our problem wait until next year " most likely will not fly...
I wonder how the insurance industry as a whole will do during the pandemic
The magnitude of the claims could not have been envisioned when they wrote the policies.

Somehow I just knew you'd be one of the idiots sucked into idiotic cruise ship vacations. It must be your obvious herd mentality that tipped me off. The only thing missing on those things are the cattle prods.

Forum List

Back