North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

Isn't anyone on the right at all disturbed by this?

How come when the collective choice says it wants universal healthcare, many of you fight against it because it reduces the power of the individual, yet see no issue whatsoever when the collective choice creates rigid social rules that we all must abide by?

I think this sort of measure by NC is blatantly in contrast with the idea of "small gov't".

It's pro-collectivism vs pro-individualism.

Last edited:
Still not one reason why homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry....

So we shouldn't vote? We should just ask the minorities what it is they'd like us to do?

When a vote denies legal rights to some and not to others we should all be concerned.

Maybe people with your particular condition will be the next to be excluded.

Marriage is nothing but a property contract as far as the state is concerned. Allowing some and not others to enter into that contract is reprehensible in a country where individual freedoms are supposed to be the basis of government.

I hate to mention this but Americans are still a very religious people and to them marriage is between a man and a woman and is considered a religious state of "HOLY MATRIMONY" all the state can do is issue a license to allow a couple to marry. Why wouldn't the term "civil unions" allow gays all the benefitis they seek?

Excuse me but it's only "holy" if the rite is performed in a religious setting.

The state has no obligation to recognize a religious right as a binding legal contract.
In fact many people, me included, have been married by an officer of the court. We did so so as to benefit from the legal protections offered by the state to those entering into the contract.

There was nothing "holy" about it.

That you want to deny others to enter into the very same legal contract you were able to benefit from for no other than a religious reason is not good enough in a country where individual rights are supposed to be protected and all are supposed to be treated equally under the law.

How come when the collective choice says it wants universal healthcare, many of you fight against it because it reduces the power of the individual, yet see no issue whatsoever when the collective choice creates rigid social rules that we all must abide by?

I think this sort of measure by NC is blatantly in contrast with the idea of "small gov't".

In what world do you live? Most Americans are and have been against the health care bill.

No stupid ewe,its not. You know exactly what he means. You are purposely making it into another argument in order to take some high ground.

I guess today is going to be one of those I hate the human race days.

I guess this is going to be one of these "we shouldn't let people vote if they don't vote for what we want" days.. that's what I'm hearing.

What part of you don't get to vote to ban rights of people here in america do you dumbfucks not understand?

Its anticonstitutional and antifreedom.you people are no more for freedom than the people you go after.

Get back to me when things are fair.. Like when the other 50% of you stop dictating how much taxes I have to pay while you pay NONE..

There are several things that can be taken from this:

1. The belief by the left that the "old timers" who are anti-gay marriage are dying out, is false.

2. The "conservatives" in NC don't understand "rule of law" vs "rule of man". This is not how the founding fathers envisioned this republic.
The founders didn't envision voting on the rights of others....in fact, far from it, which is why we are not a pure democracy.

This is one issue that separates real conservatives from social conservative busy bodies.

In what world do you live? Most Americans are and have been against the health care bill.

It was just a random example, why don't address the root at what I was getting at?

Authoritarian Republicans are the new American Left.

Big Government.

The collective choice is that we shouldn't have universal health care. obamacare is more unpopular today than it was the day he signed it into law. The term Will of the People doesn't mean only liberal people.

When people like those in North Carolina vote to keep the state of matrimony between one man and one woman they aren't voting against homosexuals to live their lives as they see fit. They are voting to keep homosexuals from imposing an obligation to regard same sex marriages as normal relationships.

When a vote denies legal rights to some and not to others we should all be concerned.

Maybe people with your particular condition will be the next to be excluded.

Marriage is nothing but a property contract as far as the state is concerned. Allowing some and not others to enter into that contract is reprehensible in a country where individual freedoms are supposed to be the basis of government.

I hate to mention this but Americans are still a very religious people and to them marriage is between a man and a woman and is considered a religious state of "HOLY MATRIMONY" all the state can do is issue a license to allow a couple to marry. Why wouldn't the term "civil unions" allow gays all the benefitis they seek?

The state has no obligation to recognize a religious right as a binding legal contract.
In fact many people, me included, have been married by an officer of the court. We did so so as to benefit from the legal protections offered by the state to those entering into the contract.

That you want to deny others to enter into the very same legal contract you were able to benefit from for no other than a religious reason is not good enough in a country where individual rights are supposed to be protected and all are supposed to be treated equally under the law.

I got married in front of a JOP.. the fact remains though until this is a secular nation I don't think the Christians will vote for gay marriage.

The collective choice is that we shouldn't have universal health care. obamacare is more unpopular today than it was the day he signed it into law. The term Will of the People doesn't mean only liberal people.

When people like those in North Carolina vote to keep the state of matrimony between one man and one woman they aren't voting against homosexuals to live their lives as they see fit. They are voting to keep homosexuals from imposing an obligation to regard same sex marriages as normal relationships.

They are voting to deny legal contractual property rights benefits and privileges to some people and grant them to others.

In no other venue and for no other population would that denial of legal protection be acceptable.

Last edited:

I got married in front of a JOP.. the fact remains though until this is a secular nation I don't think the Christians will vote for gay marriage.

Which is exactly why rights should never be put to a vote.

Do we really want a mob of bigots running the show?

What part of you don't get to vote to ban rights of people here in america do you dumbfucks not understand?

Its anticonstitutional and antifreedom.you people are no more for freedom than the people you go after.

Get back to me when things are fair.. Like when the other 50% of you stop dictating how much taxes I have to pay while you pay NONE..

Ah moving the goal posts I see,because you can't honestly answer it without making yourself look like a complete asshole. Well to late you are one.

Thank you though for admiting you are and anticonstitutional bigot.

fuck ewe plasmanutz

I guess this is going to be one of these "we shouldn't let people vote if they don't vote for what we want" days.. that's what I'm hearing.

He doesn't want 'fair.' He wants special rights.

Which is exactly why rights should never be put to a vote.

Do we really want a mob of bigots running the show?

Well then, we should cease all voting for Presidents, Senators and Congressmen.. some are anti gay marriage including the present one. he should not have the right to hold that view, in fact he should not be allowed to enter a voting booth.

Forum List

Back