NRA issues threatening video to intimidate opponents

So our Constitution purposely leaves us outgunned by a tyrannical government? :cuckoo:

Only if you assume the government is going to nuke its own territory, and leave itself governing nothing but empty, radioactive wasteland.

But then, you're probably stupid enough to actually think that.
But it's not just nukes that they have more than your guns, they have tanks, mortars, bombs, cruise missiles AA missiles... all kinds of things that you're not allowed to have. Nukes was just an example.

And again, your point is WHAT, precisely? That we should just concede our freedoms, disarm entirely, and become vulnerable wards of the state? I mean, seriously. Relate this to some kind of intelligent, logical, mature statement of position, here.

Her point is that if she can get you to concede anything, that children can't buy guns, that people can't by nukes, in her mind, that means there are no Constitutional limits on government's ability to regulate guns and they can ban them entirely.

Keep in mind I'm not defending her view, just answering what her point is

Oh, I'm well aware of where it's going. I'm just pointing out that it needs to say so clearly, so that it can be mocked appropriately.

Agreed, but she'd never be that honest. It might be interesting to try though

Only if you assume the government is going to nuke its own territory, and leave itself governing nothing but empty, radioactive wasteland.

But then, you're probably stupid enough to actually think that.
But it's not just nukes that they have more than your guns, they have tanks, mortars, bombs, cruise missiles AA missiles... all kinds of things that you're not allowed to have. Nukes was just an example.

And again, your point is WHAT, precisely? That we should just concede our freedoms, disarm entirely, and become vulnerable wards of the state? I mean, seriously. Relate this to some kind of intelligent, logical, mature statement of position, here.

Her point is that if she can get you to concede anything, that children can't buy guns, that people can't by nukes, in her mind, that means there are no Constitutional limits on government's ability to regulate guns and they can ban them entirely.

Keep in mind I'm not defending her view, just answering what her point is

Oh, I'm well aware of where it's going. I'm just pointing out that it needs to say so clearly, so that it can be mocked appropriately.

Agreed, but she'd never be that honest. It might be interesting to try though

Doesn't really matter. Once I've pointed it out, my goal is accomplished either way.

So the 2nd Amendment is applied along religious lines? Didn't know that. And the 2nd Amendment has an age restriction? Where?

You brought up Muslims with nukes, you whack job hoe.

You're not an Archie Bunker, you're more an Edith dingbat, aren't you?

My favorite is still how you argued children can buy guns, but then you didn't get why children can't be forced to take a nap if they can buy guns. You're not the most colorful tulip in the garden, are you?
I said Arab-Americans, not Muslims. You lose. Better luck next time.

As for children with guns, the 2nd doesn't disallow it.

So race is OK with you to discriminate but not religion. Thanks for clarifying.

You didn't answer my question ... again. If children cannot be denied the right to buy a gun, how can you force a children to take a nap? How are you so dim you can't grasp that contradiction?

And how can school administrators force children to participate in Anti-Gun protests?

They ding their grades, don't write college recommendations for them, harass them in class. Just like they do now. You thought there was free speech for anyone but leftists in schools? Seriously?

Of course not. I live in the Bay Area (for now). The Totalitarian Group Think runs deep.

My favorite is still how you argued children can buy guns, but then you didn't get why children can't be forced to take a nap if they can buy guns. You're not the most colorful tulip in the garden, are you?

You didn't answer my question ... again. If children cannot be denied the right to buy a gun, how can you force a children to take a nap? How are you so dim you can't grasp that contradiction?

And how can school administrators force children to participate in Anti-Gun protests?

They ding their grades, don't write college recommendations for them, harass them in class. Just like they do now. You thought there was free speech for anyone but leftists in schools? Seriously?

Of course not. I live in the Bay Area (for now). The Totalitarian Group Think runs deep.

Dear Lord, are YOU a masochist.

I lived in San Jose in the 90s. It's sad what leftists have done to that beautiful State

No, I'm not. I grew up here and have a lot of family in the areas. My father passed away last year; I'm staying to help my mom. Family is more important than politics.

No, I'm not. I grew up here and have a lot of family in the areas. My father passed away last year; I'm staying to help my mom. Family is more important than politics.

This is true, but I'd personally have to think hard about which family members I love that much. (Just kidding)

I lived in San Jose in the 90s. It's sad what leftists have done to that beautiful State

No kidding. It used to be wonderful to live here - and there are still good aspects. The LW totalitarian politics, however, have turned it into a third world country. The middle class cannot afford homes. Homeless tent encampments cluster under freeway overpasses. And the minority of us who have been fortunate to work in high tech land bought our houses at the right time live very well. I want out before the entire thing collapses, but I'm not leaving Mom.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaz

This is true, but I'd personally have to think hard about which family members I love that much. (Just kidding)

ho ho ho!

No kidding. It used to be wonderful to live here - and there are still good aspects. The LW totalitarian politics, however, has turned it into a third world country. The middle class cannot afford homes. Homeless tent encampments cluster under freeway overpasses. And the minority of us who have been fortunate to work in high tech land bought our houses at the right time live very well. I want out before the entire thing collapses, but I'm not leaving Mom.

My BIL and his wife moved to the Los Angeles area somewhere, and proudly told us about buying their "dream house" for $300,000 there. When we looked at the pics, it was very obvious that their house was smaller and older than our house in Tucson, which would have sold at the time for around $175,000. You would weep to find out what $300,000 would buy here.

No kidding. It used to be wonderful to live here - and there are still good aspects. The LW totalitarian politics, however, has turned it into a third world country. The middle class cannot afford homes. Homeless tent encampments cluster under freeway overpasses. And the minority of us who have been fortunate to work in high tech land bought our houses at the right time live very well. I want out before the entire thing collapses, but I'm not leaving Mom.

My BIL and his wife moved to the Los Angeles area somewhere, and proudly told us about buying their "dream house" for $300,000 there. When we looked at the pics, it was very obvious that their house was smaller and older than our house in Tucson, which would have sold at the time for around $175,000. You would weep to find out what $300,000 would buy here.

Oh, I know. I frequently peruse Zillow while researching possible areas for my eventual relocation. Housing prices here are insane. I'm just glad I bought in the dip between bubbles.

When I lived in San Jose 20 years ago, there was a literal garage in Campbell (south of Palo Alto) that sold for $100K

When I lived in San Jose 20 years ago, there was a literal garage in Campbell (south of Palo Alto) that sold for $100K

Yep. There are still crazy things like that, only even worse. I go to MV a couple of times a month for work. It's hideous to see Shoreline lined with campers that people live in. The camper dwellers do the menial service work (food prep, house cleaning, gardening) for people in MV, Palo Alto and MP. Very Very 3rd World.

Oh, I know. I frequently peruse Zillow while researching possible areas for my eventual relocation. Housing prices here are insane. I'm just glad I bought in the dip between bubbles.

Again this was in the 90s. The people at my office had made a ton of money on their homes. But they were all unhappy about that for two reasons. They always said they couldn't afford their own homes, by which they meant they had zero ability to move up. The bigger problem was their kids all left the bay area because they couldn't afford to live there. Their parents had seven figure homes that weren't big enough for them all to live in

Again this was in the 90s. The people at my office had made a ton of money on their homes. But they were all unhappy about that for two reasons. They always said they couldn't afford their own homes, by which they meant they had zero ability to move up. The bigger problem was their kids all left the bay area because they couldn't afford to live there. Their parents had seven figure homes that weren't big enough for them all to live in

Yep. My brother is going through that now with his kids who are in their early to mid 20s. He wants us all to move out of state to the same area so the kids will have an extended family near them. No way can they afford home to raise families in here.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

You should give some thought to Arizona. I rarely say that, especially to people from California, because I frankly would rather a lot fewer people (especially those with California-style ideas) flooded in here, but you're pretty cool, and I think you would enjoy the Grand Canyon State. Plus, it's close enough to visit those parts of California that are still fun.

You should give some thought to Arizona. I rarely say that, especially to people from California, because I frankly would rather a lot fewer people (especially those with California-style ideas) flooded in here, but you're pretty cool, and I think you would enjoy the Grand Canyon State. Plus, it's close enough to visit those parts of California that are still fun.

Thanks! AZ is on our list!

Convince your family to come, and the odds are very good you'll be able to find really nice homes that are all in the same area. Lord knows, that's largely what MY family has done.

Yes. My best bud from the bay area moved his family to Nevada. But Arizona is a common place for people to go as well

Convince your family to come, and the odds are very good you'll be able to find really nice homes that are all in the same area. Lord knows, that's largely what MY family has done.

That's what we're discussing. My brother and I would like to do this. mr. boe is open to it. I'd love my other siblings to join, but I think some of are going to have to move first so that they can then see what it's like.

Forum List

Back