NSA chief says Trump hasn't told him to confront Russian cyber threat

NSA chief says Trump hasn't told him to confront Russian cyber threat - CNNPolitics

What's up with this?? Trump still will not deal with Russia--as they deserve...I'm not into conspiracy theories..but you got to wonder..just what does Putin have on Trump??

US Cyber Command chief Adm. Mike Rogers told lawmakers on Tuesday that he has not been granted the authority by President Donald Trump to disrupt Russian election hacking operations where they originate.
Asked by Democratic Sen. Jack Reed if he has been directed by the President, through the defense secretary, to confront Russian cyber operators at the source, Rogers said "no I have not" but noted that he has tried to work within the authority he maintains as a commander.
While he did not agree with Reed's characterization that the US has been "sitting back and waiting," Rogers admitted that it is fair to say that "we have not opted to engage in some of the same behaviors we are seeing" with regards to Russia.

US intel chiefs unanimous that Russia is targeting 2018 elections
"It has not changed the calculus or the behavior on behalf of the Russians," Rogers said about the US response to Russia's cyber threat to date.
"They have not paid a price that is sufficient to change their behavior," he added.
Reed, D-Rhode Island, also asked FBI Director Christopher Wray, earlier this month whether the efforts to counter Russia's election activities in 2018 had been directed by Trump.
"Not as specifically directed by the President," Wray responded during a hearing at the Senate Intelligence Committee.
On Tuesday, Rogers reiterated that he still views Moscow as a threat to the 2018 elections, a stance that is consistent with what he and other top national security officials told the Senate Intelligence Committee earlier this month.
"We expect Russia to continue using propaganda, social media, false-flag personas, sympathetic spokesmen and other means to influence, to try to build on its wide range of operations and exacerbate social and political fissures in the United States," Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats previously testified.

"There should be no doubt that Russia perceives its past efforts as successful and views the 2018 US midterm elections as a potential target for Russian influence operations," he said.
But that conclusion appears at odds with Trump's repeated dismissals of Russian election meddling.
Trump declared last week that "the facts" prove he's been tougher on Russia than his predecessor, President Barack Obama but it is clear that is not the case -- especially when it comes to punishing Russia for interfering in US elections.

Trump says 'the facts' prove he's tougher on Russia than Obama -- they don't

Trump has yet to levy a single sanction to punish Russia for election interference, despite the fact that Congress almost unanimously passed legislation that took effect on January 29 requiring him to do so, and despite senior intelligence officials testifying that Russia is trying to disrupt the 2018 midterms.
Rogers clearly indicated on Tuesday that the US response to Moscow's interference in the 2016 election has been insufficient and has done little to deter ongoing attacks.
The NSA chief went on to tell lawmakers that the US is smart enough and strong enough to prevent Russian election hacking but admitted not enough is being done.
I work for the Department of Defense.

Trump has not told me once personally to show up for work and do my job. :disbelief:

WTF??? :wtf:
Are you deliberately stupid? That's all I can conclude. The director of the NSA requires national command authority to conduct operations against a foreign power..especially Russia. It sends chills up my spine to think you work for the DoD.

Look Chicken Little....Homeland Security and the NSA work together to fight against cyber attacks.
We don't need a direct order from the president to do our jobs.
He simply delegates authority to the director of various agencies to put out guidelines and conduct training in prevention. We all have to take cyber attack training courses online every year. I finished mine a few weeks ago.

NSA chief says Trump hasn't told him to confront Russian cyber threat - CNNPolitics

What's up with this?? Trump still will not deal with Russia--as they deserve...I'm not into conspiracy theories..but you got to wonder..just what does Putin have on Trump??

US Cyber Command chief Adm. Mike Rogers told lawmakers on Tuesday that he has not been granted the authority by President Donald Trump to disrupt Russian election hacking operations where they originate.
Asked by Democratic Sen. Jack Reed if he has been directed by the President, through the defense secretary, to confront Russian cyber operators at the source, Rogers said "no I have not" but noted that he has tried to work within the authority he maintains as a commander.
While he did not agree with Reed's characterization that the US has been "sitting back and waiting," Rogers admitted that it is fair to say that "we have not opted to engage in some of the same behaviors we are seeing" with regards to Russia.

"It has not changed the calculus or the behavior on behalf of the Russians," Rogers said about the US response to Russia's cyber threat to date.
"They have not paid a price that is sufficient to change their behavior," he added.
Reed, D-Rhode Island, also asked FBI Director Christopher Wray, earlier this month whether the efforts to counter Russia's election activities in 2018 had been directed by Trump.
"Not as specifically directed by the President," Wray responded during a hearing at the Senate Intelligence Committee.
On Tuesday, Rogers reiterated that he still views Moscow as a threat to the 2018 elections, a stance that is consistent with what he and other top national security officials told the Senate Intelligence Committee earlier this month.
"We expect Russia to continue using propaganda, social media, false-flag personas, sympathetic spokesmen and other means to influence, to try to build on its wide range of operations and exacerbate social and political fissures in the United States," Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats previously testified.

"There should be no doubt that Russia perceives its past efforts as successful and views the 2018 US midterm elections as a potential target for Russian influence operations," he said.
But that conclusion appears at odds with Trump's repeated dismissals of Russian election meddling.
Trump declared last week that "the facts" prove he's been tougher on Russia than his predecessor, President Barack Obama but it is clear that is not the case -- especially when it comes to punishing Russia for interfering in US elections.

Trump has yet to levy a single sanction to punish Russia for election interference, despite the fact that Congress almost unanimously passed legislation that took effect on January 29 requiring him to do so, and despite senior intelligence officials testifying that Russia is trying to disrupt the 2018 midterms.
Rogers clearly indicated on Tuesday that the US response to Moscow's interference in the 2016 election has been insufficient and has done little to deter ongoing attacks.
The NSA chief went on to tell lawmakers that the US is smart enough and strong enough to prevent Russian election hacking but admitted not enough is being done.

All those useless silly "ads" that nobody paid attention ORIGINATED IN THE USA.. That's what the charges are about. Russian biz men set up their operations in AMERICA..

Not really a job for NSA to "disrupt" domestic commerce. And conduct OFFENSIVE cyber warfare within our borders. I watched MSNBC rant about this morning and they really do not understand how things work in terms of cyber warfare or what the Russian biz guys did..

It can be handled thru State or FBI as a CRIMINAL prosecution because it happened DOMESTICALLY.

You do NOT want the NSA having MORE operational power in the CONUS..
I see your point..but the orders..originated in Russia...and the only way to dissuade Putin..will be a massive counter attack...on Russian interests..and the NSA..or maybe the Air Force cyber boys--are the ones for that.

You'd be targeting the COMMERCIAL INTERESTS of these playboy oligarchs. NOT the Russian govt. It would LOOK terrible.. Kinda like the Sony hack.. That's not warfare. or the kind of countermeasure I want my govt involved in..

What's to stop that from being abused? Hijacking awesome spook resources to seek and destroy COMMERCIAL operations? That's a "TRADE WAR" --- you don't want to start...

You MSNBC/CNN watchers are gonna have to start actually figuring this out yourself. You're being riled about about stupid dangerous things..

IMG_3779.JPG

Trump has not told me once personally to show up for work and do my job. :disbelief:

Are you deliberately stupid? That's all I can conclude. The director of the NSA requires national command authority to conduct operations against a foreign power..especially Russia. It sends chills up my spine to think you work for the DoD.

Look Chicken Little....Homeland Security and the NSA work together to fight against cyber attacks.
He simply delegates authority to the director of various agencies to put out guidelines and conduct training in prevention. We all have to take cyber attack training courses online every year. I finished mine a few weeks ago.
Oh..well Ok then...I feel of so much safer now..***Brrrrr*** I would point out..that thus far...we're getting our asses kicked..just sayin'.

But seriously..when about to engage in an operation that could be considered an act of war...The President has to sign off..believe it..or not.

Yeah, let's trust the NSA. The same NSA that's made spying on US Citizens its #1 priority. Uh huh, let's just trust the good ole NSA. :cuckoo:

idiot trumploons

go work for vlad
yeah let them put all their trust in the lying pussy grabber

bizarre, isn't it? the most documented prevaricating lowlife in politics and they couldn't care less. why? because Russia gave them the lying orange sociopath, so they're all good with it.

they just haven't a clue as to what the ramifications are going forward.

All those useless silly "ads" that nobody paid attention ORIGINATED IN THE USA.. That's what the charges are about. Russian biz men set up their operations in AMERICA..

Not really a job for NSA to "disrupt" domestic commerce. And conduct OFFENSIVE cyber warfare within our borders. I watched MSNBC rant about this morning and they really do not understand how things work in terms of cyber warfare or what the Russian biz guys did..

It can be handled thru State or FBI as a CRIMINAL prosecution because it happened DOMESTICALLY.

You do NOT want the NSA having MORE operational power in the CONUS..
I see your point..but the orders..originated in Russia...and the only way to dissuade Putin..will be a massive counter attack...on Russian interests..and the NSA..or maybe the Air Force cyber boys--are the ones for that.

You'd be targeting the COMMERCIAL INTERESTS of these playboy oligarchs. NOT the Russian govt. It would LOOK terrible.. Kinda like the Sony hack.. That's not warfare. or the kind of countermeasure I want my govt involved in..

What's to stop that from being abused? Hijacking awesome spook resources to seek and destroy COMMERCIAL operations? That's a "TRADE WAR" --- you don't want to start...

You MSNBC/CNN watchers are gonna have to start actually figuring this out yourself. You're being riled about about stupid dangerous things..
I guess my communication skills are not what I thought--

So..I know exactly what you are talking about--you are factually correct. It is in your assumptions that you go astray. Yes, a cyber-trade war against Russia would suit me fine..if they lost some money..they might pay attention. As you pointed out, distinguishing the Russian Govt. from the Oligarchs is practically impossible..because in so many ways..the Oligarchs ARE the Russian Govt..

I'm confident..that in any trade war..with Russia..they would be the losers.

`
If the Russians can allegedly hack into our voting system, who's to say they can't hack into our energy grid?
`

`
If the Russians can allegedly hack into our voting system, who's to say they can't hack into our energy grid?
`
Truthfully--from what I've read..they would find our energy grid easier..especially as, to the best of my knowledge--they never really hacked into our voting system..not to the extent of actually changing a single vote.

IMG_3779.JPG
What you're talking about is cyber warfare.
And I'm sure until he weeds out all of the spies in the NSA trying to carry out secret attacks against the Russians is a waste of time.....

The fact that you know something about our footing means we still have leakers in the NSA. Course this story could just as easily be a planted Russian story to get you libs to start bleating like sheep again.

"Asked if he has been directed by the President, through the defense secretary, to confront Russian cyber operators at the source, Rogers said "no I have not" but noted that he has tried to work within the authority he maintains as a commander."

"The NSA chief went on to tell lawmakers that the US is smart enough and strong enough to prevent Russian election hacking but admitted not enough is being done."

2016 Election Hacking Fast Facts

Oh..well Ok then...I feel of so much safer now..***Brrrrr*** I would point out..that thus far...we're getting our asses kicked..just sayin'.

But seriously..when about to engage in an operation that could be considered an act of war...The President has to sign off..believe it..or not.
Again.......Trump cannot trust the NSA enough to carry out any secret attacks for fear that a Russian was given access by the previous administration, or some RESIST mole is still in place waiting to leak secrets to the media.
We were trained to spot them. It takes time to get rid of the bad actors.

trump needs to do HIS job.

if he did you would bitch because you dont agree with him.
You nut jobs circle jerks are fucking retarded

nut job jerky boy is you. your post makes no sense.

if traitor trump held russia accountable, then no one would have to disagree with him for not doing so.

our leaders voted overwhelmingly, yet he continues to balk. that is a betrayal to our country.

trump needs to do HIS job.

if he did you would bitch because you dont agree with him.
You nut jobs circle jerks are fucking retarded

nut job jerky boy is you. your post makes no sense.

if traitor trump held russia accountable, then no one would have to disagree with him for not doing so.

our leaders voted overwhelmingly, yet he continues to balk. that is a betrayal to our country.
Lol.
Trump could save a drowning baby in a class 4 rapid river, drown doing it, and you would blast him for not being able to swim good enough.
Give us all a fucking break val :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back