🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NVMe drive failed

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Had a problem with my Linux Mint over the last couple of days. At least I thought it was the operating system being corrupted. After trying to install three different Linux distros, with each try getting progressively worse I realized my primary Crucial SSD (Solid State Drive - NVMe M.2) was failing. Luckily I had a spare 1 terabyte 2.5" form factor SSD laying around. It was actually slated as an expansion drive for another system so I ordered a Kingston NVMe (1TB).
It's funny that the new 1TB NVMe costs less today than the 500GB NVMe I bought years ago that just failed. Yup, as these types of drives become the norm prices have dropped quite a bit.

I have several single board computers running various projects in the house, I converted them all to boot off of NVMe over the last two years. I haven't had one fail ... YET ... But I keep them backed up to NAS, just in case.

I'm really loving the boot speed.

Had a problem with my Linux Mint over the last couple of days. At least I thought it was the operating system being corrupted. After trying to install three different Linux distros, with each try getting progressively worse I realized my primary Crucial SSD (Solid State Drive - NVMe M.2) was failing. Luckily I had a spare 1 terabyte 2.5" form factor SSD laying around. It was actually slated as an expansion drive for another system so I ordered a Kingston NVMe (1TB).
It's funny that the new 1TB NVMe costs less today than the 500GB NVMe I bought years ago that just failed. Yup, as these types of drives become the norm prices have dropped quite a bit.
They really have come down quite a bit ...things run much smoother on an ssd

I thought my 512G HP FX 900 Pro SSD was fried. Then I put it in a different computer and it worked fine. So I put it back in the original computer and it worked fine.

It seems that just removing it and putting it back in fixed it. :dunno:

I am using a fake NVMe as system drive. It pretends to have 1 TB but it actually has about 100 GB. If you try to read from or write on the registered but non-existent 900 GB, the system crashes and won´t boot for some minutes.

Forum List

Back