NY and CA may lose House seats

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
This has been mentioned off and on lately but now is looking at becoming reality. Mass exodus from both states resulting in the loss of 2 or 3 seat shows for each. Rumors were going around that AOC’s district was one that might be dissolved. Certainly a possibility now. One that doesn’t help Dems any.

Unless far-left states like New York and California stop hemorrhaging residents, they’ll soon begin to hemorrhage House seats and Electoral College votes.

High taxes, draconian coronavirus lockdown restrictions and opportunity-killing regulations have inspired a growing number of Americans to flee these states at lightening-fast speed.

With record fleeing residents, NY and Cali could lose House seats due to population drop

Good thing they can just bring in more of those illegals.

Unless far-left states like New York and California stop hemorrhaging residents, they’ll soon begin to hemorrhage House seats and Electoral College votes.

High taxes, draconian coronavirus lockdown restrictions and opportunity-killing regulations have inspired a growing number of Americans to flee these states at lightening-fast speed.

With record fleeing residents, NY and Cali could lose House seats due to population drop

I can attest to the high taxes that push people from New York State. Property owners are required to pay for school taxes whereas renters do not and the bulk of children attending schools are from parents renting. $8,000 to $11,000 a year taxes combined land and school taxes for property owners is normal.
I moved from the Southern Tier of New York last year....
The exodus from NY is not just from the cityies it's from the whole state.

I can attest to the high taxes that push people from New York State. Property owners are required to pay for school taxes whereas renters do not and the bulk of children attending schools are from parents renting. $8,000 to $11,000 a year taxes combined land and school taxes for property owners is normal.
Sadly, “King” Cuomo would likely celebrate if everybody North of NYC and west of Albany left the state. All he’s ever done is piss on Upstate, then have the nerve to say they have to help Downstate.

I'm in florida---the yankees are taking over my neighborhood. Realtors are knocking on my door wanting to sell my house--------just want them all to go away.

Renters actually do pay school taxes. Taxes are built into rent.

It doesn't matter any more. The GOP are as gutless as the Dems.

Renters actually do pay school taxes. Taxes are built into rent.

Either they don't pay enough, or the counties are ripping off the property owners.

The VR's will take care of the drop in the constituency of these two states for sure!

New York is definitely losing at least one. California will likely lose one for the first time since statehood

And America will be better off for it! Illinois is next.

Upstate NY has been streaming out of that state for the last 50 years.

Forum List

Back