NY Dem Candidate for Governor gives up the Abortion ad push, goes for crime (guns actually)

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
I guess Zeldin moving up to a tie in the race made them figure out that abortion abortion abortion wasn't working.

The thing is they still show they don't get it when they focus on "illegal guns" instead of the criminals doing things like subway shovings (no guns), subway mob beatdowns (again no guns), mass shoplifting events (still no guns) and random street violence (mostly with no guns). Focusing on guns shows she still doesn't get it, and her Bail Reform "push" was knocked down by the Legislature, and resulted in nothing happening.

Maybe she can go back to blaming the judges for "not understanding" the law.

Hochul drops new ad touting crime credentials, as Lee Zeldin surges in polls

“A safe walk home at night, a subway ride free of fear, a safer New York for every child — that’s what Kathy Hochul is working for as governor,” says a narrator in the ad titled “Safe.”

The spot touts legislation Hochul signed tightening the state’s gun laws and her efforts to reform the state’s bail reform law in her 2022 budget.

kathy-hochul-ads-04.jpg

Why do dem females look like witches?......Jeez, dem gatherings should be called Covens.

I guess Zeldin moving up to a tie in the race made them figure out that abortion abortion abortion wasn't working.

The thing is they still show they don't get it when they focus on "illegal guns" instead of the criminals doing things like subway shovings (no guns), subway mob beatdowns (again no guns), mass shoplifting events (still no guns) and random street violence (mostly with no guns). Focusing on guns shows she still doesn't get it, and her Bail Reform "push" was knocked down by the Legislature, and resulted in nothing happening.

Exactly. They're doing it my city for mayor. The Democrat is bragging about stopping illegal guns and training police officers better to reduce crime. I actually don't ever recall illegal guns in the news and police officers have been already trained to fight crime, it's just that the left won't let them do it. Training police officers just means letting blacks go and not doing anything that would hurt them. That actually leads to increased crime.

And, on the abortion thing, Republicans really played this thing very skillfully. When confronted about very late term abortions democrats refuse to say no to it, instead claiming that it's still a woman's decision and that she will make the right decision for her. That's appalling to most people.

Exactly. They're doing it my city for mayor. The Democrat is bragging about stopping illegal guns and training police officers better to reduce crime. I actually don't ever recall illegal guns in the news and police officers have been already trained to fight crime, it's just that the left won't let them do it. Training police officers just means letting blacks go and not doing anything that would hurt them. That actually leads to increased crime.

And, on the abortion thing, Republicans really played this thing very skillfully. When confronted about very late term abortions democrats refuse to say no to it, instead claiming that it's still a woman's decision and that she will make the right decision for her. That's appalling to most people.

It's easier to blame guns as opposed to admitting criminals may just be assholes, and not poor misguided souls ruined by society.

Or having to realize the only real way to treat people with serious mental issues is to keep them in controlled environments, maybe for the rest of their lives.

How Big Is America's Gun Business?

And,

www.politico.com

The gun lobby: See how much your representative gets

Republicans consistently get the most money.
www.politico.com

$5,900,000​

given to Republicans in 2016 election cycle

$106,000​

given to Democrats in 2016 election cycle

And,

www.politico.com

www.politico.com

$5,900,000​

$106,000​

I guess you are on the deflection bandwagon as well.

What does some poor slob getting pushed onto a subway track, or cut up waiting for a train, or beaten by a mob ON the train have to do with guns?

And,

www.politico.com

www.politico.com

$5,900,000​

$106,000​

Makes sense. Why would the gun lobby give money to those trying to shut them down. The list would just be just the opposite if you listed the donor as Soros, BLM (if they actually gave any money other than for new mansions) etc. etc. etc.

It's easier to blame guns as opposed to admitting criminals may just be assholes, and not poor misguided souls ruined by society.

Or having to realize the only real way to treat people with serious mental issues is to keep them in controlled environments, maybe for the rest of their lives.
How does one find someone who is disaffected? What causes them and what methods are needed to determine if they are going to obtain guns and shoot people in schools, hospitals, theaters, restaurants, churches and on the streets?

[As to Justice, our country is the most liberal and decent system in any other nation at any time in history. You seem to want to have a Justice System in effect as in N. Korea, Russian, China, etc.]

How does one find someone who is disaffected? What causes them and what methods are needed to determine if they are going to obtain guns and shoot people in schools, hospitals, theaters, restaurants, churches and on the streets?

[As to Justice, our country is the most liberal and decent system in any other nation at any time in history. You seem to want to have a Justice System in effect as in N. Korea, Russian, China, etc.]

Again, focusing on theoretical crimes by possible criminals concentrating on the object instead of talking about the tough issues. Or more importantly, how progressives don't care if someone dies on a train track as long as we let the perpetrator live his life the way he wants to.

It figures you are putting up nothing but strawmen on this topic, you lack the integrity to take it head on.

Use of emoticons without posting a rebuttal has no substance and is not thoughtful nor thought provoking.
So call the cops. I'll put on a pot of coffee and leave the front door unlocked. Tell them to come downstairs to my office and we can all sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee and read your posts. We'll all get a laugh.

Again, focusing on theoretical crimes by possible criminals concentrating on the object instead of talking about the tough issues. Or more importantly, how progressives don't care if someone dies on a train track as long as we let the perpetrator live his life the way he wants to.

It figures you are putting up nothing but strawmen on this topic, you lack the integrity to take it head on.
The straw man argument is an informal logical fallacy, which means that its fallacy lies not in the structure of the logic (which would be a formal logical fallacy), but rather in something else about an argument. A straw man fallacy occurs when one counters an argument with an exaggerated and inaccurate version of that argument.

There is no doubt that the Republican Party Pols puts donations (aka Bribes) for them to keep their jobs is logical. The fact that your last paragraph is an attack on my integrity is exactly what you were doing, and that is a straw man fallacy.

So call the cops. I'll put on a pot of coffee and leave the front door unlocked. Tell them to come downstairs to my office and we can all sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee and read your posts. We'll all get a laugh.
I'm tempted to use an emoticon in place of a response. I won't because nothing you've posted that I've ever read meets the phrase "Idiot-Gram"; that is a response to a post that lacks substance and is not thoughtful or thought provoking.

I'm tempted to use an emoticon in place of a response. I won't because nothing you've posted that I've ever read meets the phrase "Idiot-Gram"; that is a response to a post that lacks substance and is not thoughtful or thought provoking.
Wow! I'm impressed by how profound you thought you sounded when you said that.

The straw man argument is an informal logical fallacy, which means that its fallacy lies not in the structure of the logic (which would be a formal logical fallacy), but rather in something else about an argument. A straw man fallacy occurs when one counters an argument with an exaggerated and inaccurate version of that argument.

There is no doubt that the Republican Party Pols puts donations (aka Bribes) for them to keep their jobs is logical. The fact that your last paragraph is an attack on my integrity is exactly what you were doing, and that is a straw man fallacy.

We are talking about crime in general and you and the democrats automatically fixate on guns, in particular theoretical guns owned by people because the Supreme Court actually stood up for the 2nd amendment for once in Bruen.

Maybe a red herring is more apt, but the end result is "dodge, duck dip, dive and dodge" on your part.

I predict that if this flops on her and her polling doesn't get better, that she will "have a revelation" and lower the tax on gasoline and /or heating oil. It's possible it will only apply to minorities. Next week or so, that's the timeframe.

Forum List

Back