NYC School Children Heckled By Adults While Singing “God Bless the USA”

I don't care if it was a political stunt. I don't care if the adults were really screaming at the political whores.

These are children singing and there's no excuse for this type of behaviour in front of them. There was a camera crew there, any of these people could have gotten on air and spoken about how shameful they thought the candidate was for using children AS a campaign stunt and probably garnered more sympathy for it. Instead they scream and holler like banshees and children themselves, making a spectacle of something they probably wished would just go away.

Wonderful example to set for those kids. When adults can't bother to show any sort of civil respect for each other, how can we expect our children to?
The screaming was coming from the kid's parents who didn't want their kids being used in a political stunt.

CaféAuLait;5478921 said:
Are you implying he is a pedophile? :confused: The fact that the principal banned the song from being sung, had nothing to do with Turner's decision in your opinion?

I'm not implying anything. I'm just asking a question... LOL.

What exactly does Turner have to do with the song choice of the graduation ceremony at said school?

Is he a member of the local PTA?

Does he have a child that goes to that school?

Is he a teacher at the school?

Does he even live in that neighborhood?

No?

Well then what they fuck is he doing there?

I'm not going to try to excuse the behavior of the parents at the event in question, they were assholes, but this guy should have stayed the hell out of it, and not tried to use children as political tools.

The other side of the story---

The hecklers were concerned parents, not bystanders.

“In a desperate attempt to grab a headline, Bob Turner engaged in pure exploitation of kindergarten children using them in a political stunt without parental consent yesterday outside New York City school, P.S. 90,” Mr. Maragos said. “Mr. Turner and his staff manipulated innocent children to sing and pose for photos with him with the alleged promise of being on “T.V.” When called out by parents and bystanders he turned and ran instead of staying to explain why he had recruited children as they exited classes.”

In case you haven’t been following this story–or reading this blog for that matter–Mr. Turner has been harping on the story of the Brooklyn school children who were not allowed to sign the Lee Greenwood Tea Party anthem and were told by the principal of the school to sing Justin Bieber’s “baby” instead. Mr. Turner arranged for the children to sign “Proud To Be An American” in front of TV cameras in front of the school yesterday, an event disrupted by hecklers. Mr. Turner then blamed the disruption on hecklers brought in by Kirsten Gillibrand, an allegation Mr. Maragos called “bizarre” and “baseless.”

Maragos Slams Turner For ‘The Pure Exploitation Of Kindergarten Children’ | Politicker

We saw the other side. They were screaming obscenities, calling people racist, and saying "the stars and stripes, what does it mean? no one know".

BTY it wasn't the Tea Party anthem it was Proud to be an American which was passed over for a Justin Beiber song.

A pop song sung by kids recruited with the promise of being on TV? Low, very low.

I don't care if it was a political stunt. I don't care if the adults were really screaming at the political whores.

These are children singing and there's no excuse for this type of behaviour in front of them. There was a camera crew there, any of these people could have gotten on air and spoken about how shameful they thought the candidate was for using children AS a campaign stunt and probably garnered more sympathy for it. Instead they scream and holler like banshees and children themselves, making a spectacle of something they probably wished would just go away.

Wonderful example to set for those kids. When adults can't bother to show any sort of civil respect for each other, how can we expect our children to?
The screaming was coming from the kid's parents who didn't want their kids being used in a political stunt.

Those were the kid's parents? If they were their parents why didn't they simply remove them from the event?

Last edited:

You don't read for comprehension much, do you? None of those screamers were parents of children in that group, idiot.

CaféAuLait;5478921 said:
Are you implying he is a pedophile? :confused: The fact that the principal banned the song from being sung, had nothing to do with Turner's decision in your opinion?

I'm not implying anything. I'm just asking a question... LOL.

What exactly does Turner have to do with the song choice of the graduation ceremony at said school?

Is he a member of the local PTA?

Does he have a child that goes to that school?

Is he a teacher at the school?

Does he even live in that neighborhood?

No?

Well then what they fuck is he doing there?

I'm not going to try to excuse the behavior of the parents at the event in question, they were assholes, but this guy should have stayed the hell out of it, and not tried to use children as political tools.

He was fucking INVITED, according to the parents. I guess even mods here can fall victim to the 'perspective' bug, huh?

He's a crud, as for the pop singer with the 'proud' tag, he needs to be thankful, not pretend he accomplished something himself.

It was a political statement by a Republican candidate for Senate. This was a press conference called by the candidate. Did you not notice the news film crew?

A setup. A scheme using kids for political purposes. They even got a kid to hold up a campaign sign while they were singing. Did you not notice that?

We should be shocked some political opponents expressed their thoughts? Really?

They weren't harrassing the kids. They were harrassing the politician.

Bob Turner’s Patriotic Anti-Bieber Protest Turns Chaotic in Coney Island [Video] | Politicker
God Bless the USA? That isn't a traditional song; isn't that by some country/rock clone?

IMO it should be the national anthem. For one thing, people can actually sing it as opposed to the Star Spangled Banner, which , while I have it memorized, I would be driven out of town on a rail if I actually tried to sing it.

And yes, telling kids they are going to hell, yelling at them and frightening them IS harassing the kids.

Pul-leeze....The lyrics seem to infer that only men have died for this country.

God Bless the USA? That isn't a traditional song; isn't that by some country/rock clone?

IMO it should be the national anthem. For one thing, people can actually sing it as opposed to the Star Spangled Banner, which , while I have it memorized, I would be driven out of town on a rail if I actually tried to sing it.

And yes, telling kids they are going to hell, yelling at them and frightening them IS harassing the kids.

Sad event, I hope the guy who set up this photo op loses.

He was fucking INVITED, according to the parents. I guess even mods here can fall victim to the 'perspective' bug, huh?

The School invited him?

Wow. I must have missed that.

The parents of the singing children invited him...

This was a PLANNED protest and the PARENTS approved of their students involvement.

Political opportunism, at its most benign, gives us bemusement and exasperation; at the more extreme end of things it inspires a wish for high-grade exfoliants to scrub away all the contact grease and grime. It was toward this end of the scale that Representative Bob Turner, who is seeking the Republican nomination to oppose Senator Kirsten E. Gillibrand, a Democrat, showed up at a public elementary school in Brooklyn on Monday to lead a group of flag-waving children in a defiant rendition of Lee Greenwood’s “God Bless the U.S.A.,” a song for which the school’s principal had voiced by now well-known disapproval.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/20/n...turner-joins-protest-at-school-principal.html

Just so everyone gets it right, it was the Principal of the Brooklyn school who demanded that the song not be sung. Despite the fact that the children had been practicing the song for months.

It offends her primarily. She is a Jehovah's Witness and there have been other issues with her trying to get the "Pledge of Allegiance" banned in the school as well.

ETA: for those that don't know the faith Witness's believe in only one Kingdom and one ruler. I gather there are more than just this one song "issue".

Last edited:

Sad event, I hope the guy who set up this photo op loses.

Read the whole thread, Peach... The pol was INVITED by the children's parents. The screamers were NOT parents of the singing children. Do you libs EVER bother to DIGEST what you read?

“In a desperate attempt to grab a headline, Bob Turner engaged in pure exploitation of kindergarten children using them in a political stunt without parental consent yesterday outside New York City school, P.S. 90,” Mr. Maragos said. “Mr. Turner and his staff manipulated innocent children to sing and pose for photos with him with the alleged promise of being on “T.V.” When called out by parents and bystanders he turned and ran instead of staying to explain why he had recruited children as they exited classes.”

In case you haven’t been following this story–or reading this blog for that matter–Mr. Turner has been harping on the story of the Brooklyn school children who were not allowed to sign the Lee Greenwood Tea Party anthem and were told by the principal of the school to sing Justin Bieber’s “baby” instead. Mr. Turner arranged for the children to sign “Proud To Be An American” in front of TV cameras in front of the school yesterday, an event disrupted by hecklers. Mr. Turner then blamed the disruption on hecklers brought in by Kirsten Gillibrand, an allegation Mr. Maragos called “bizarre” and “baseless.”

Maragos Slams Turner For ‘The Pure Exploitation Of Kindergarten Children’ | Politicker

We saw the other side. They were screaming obscenities, calling people racist, and saying "the stars and stripes, what does it mean? no one know".

BTY it wasn't the Tea Party anthem it was Proud to be an American which was passed over for a Justin Beiber song.

Why are the kids being asked to sing the Tea Party anthem in the mist of Republican campaign elections signs? The parents didn't give their permission. They have ever right to be pissed at having their kids used in a political stunt like this. The principal should be called on the carpet.

It was a political statement by a Republican candidate for Senate. This was a press conference called by the candidate. Did you not notice the news film crew?

A setup. A scheme using kids for political purposes. They even got a kid to hold up a campaign sign while they were singing. Did you not notice that?

We should be shocked some political opponents expressed their thoughts? Really?

They weren't harrassing the kids. They were harrassing the politician.

Bob Turner’s Patriotic Anti-Bieber Protest Turns Chaotic in Coney Island [Video] | Politicker

The OP and the truth/facts aren’t well aquatinted.

Why are the kids being asked to sing the Tea Party anthem in the mist of Republican campaign elections signs? The parents didn't give their permission. They have ever right to be pissed at having their kids used in a political stunt like this. The principal should be called on the carpet.

You obviously have the intelligence of a rock and the integrity of a snake, Flopper. The song is NOT "The TEA Party Anthem". The parents of the singing children invited Turner to attend. The parents of the singing children most certainly DID give permission.

The parents planned the event. ( link above) Turner reached out to them and attended too. Why do you keep stating that the parents did not give permission when they planned the event? The counter protestors ( those who did not want the kids to follow through with singing the song) were there from the president of the PTA to other teachers with their children.

Forum List

Back