NYT demands more affirmative action in hiring black/hispanic teachers

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Sorry NYT but there is no conspiracy here except for your demand that qualified whites be denied teaching jobs in favor or illiterate non-whites. There are few black/hispanic teachers for the same reason there are few black/hispanics in any profession. Those groups don't value education and use schools only for free day care and free food.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/12/s...n-region&WT.nav=c-column-top-span-region&_r=1

april 11 2015
Across the country, government estimates show that minority students have become a majority in public schools. Yet the proportion of teachers who are racial minorities has not kept up: More than 80 percent of teachers are white.

In some school districts, the disparities are striking. In Boston, for example, there is just one Hispanic teacher for every 52 Latino students, and one black teacher for every 22 African-American students. The ratio of white teachers to white students: one to fewer than three.

In New York City, where more than 85 percent of the students are racial minorities, 60 percent of the teachers are white. In Washington, black teachers represent close to half of all teachers — in a district where two-thirds of the students are black — but the Latino teaching force lags behind the growing Hispanic enrollment.

Public school is no place for white children or white teachers. The country is resegregating itself.

White people losing their privilege. It would make me upset also if I was a white person. But you cant have it all forever

It's nothing to be afraid of really. The public schools will become the repository of the failed. The rejects. This was exactly what was predicted if parents got vouchers. It's happening without vouchers just more slowly.

White people losing their privilege. It would make me upset also if I was a white person. But you cant have it all forever

Privilege?? HAHAHA Ever hear of affirmative action?. Fact is everything is stacked in favor of non-whites . And yet they're still failures. What does that tell you.

It's nothing to be afraid of really. The public schools will become the repository of the failed. The rejects. This was exactly what was predicted if parents got vouchers. It's happening without vouchers just more slowly.

Public schools fail because of the non-whites. As i said earlier,, nonwhites just send their kids to school for the day care and the food . They don't care about education because they are on welfare and expect the same of their kids.

If you want good schooling for your kids, you have to home-school or use private schools.

Privilege?? HAHAHA Ever hear of affirmative action?. Fact is everything is stacked in favor of non-whites . And yet they're still failures. What does that tell you.

Yeah, I've heard of it. I've also heard that it goes to white women more than anyone else. So when you say everything is stacked in favor or non-whites....ummm...

White women are still considered white arent they?

Yeah, I've heard of it. I've also heard that it goes to white women more than anyone else. So when you say everything is stacked in favor or non-whites....ummm...

You know what i mean. White males. All affirmative action must stop whether to white women or non-whites of either sex.

You know what i mean. White males. All affirmative action must stop whether to white women or non-whites of either sex.

So its not stacked in favor for non whites then? Because if you're saying that being 20% of all teachers is "stacking" thats a mighty small stack

80% of the teachers are white. What? You think 99% would be fairer?

Like the NBA?
Phony.

No like teachers being 80% white...So sad
Like the NBA being mostly black? Can't have it both ways. Phony.

Yes thats the same...poor white people. Now they dont have tems made up of all Jewish guys like back in the day...no fair

Basketball_Team_from_23-24.jpg

:cry:...and then they let the Negros play :cry: no fair

In order to get more minority teachers the standards have to be reduced. Stop requiring teachers to read and write. Stop expecting teachers to perform basic arithmetic. There will be plenty of minority teachers.

Forum List

Back