NYT, Spinning the IG Report Before it Comes Out

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Some of this is so ludicrous, it is funny.

NYT: DOJ Inspector General Report Won't Show Spying, Even If It Does | Breitbart

Citing “people familiar with the draft,” the Times reported:

The Justice Department’s inspector general found no evidence that the F.B.I. attempted to place undercover agents or informants inside Donald J. Trump’s campaign in 2016 as agents investigated whether his associates conspired with Russia’s election interference operation.

The Times sources “familiar with the draft” are likely to have been subjects of the investigation, who are typically invited to preview a draft of the Inspector General’s report prior to its release....

It <CNN> claimed the Inspector General’s report would show that the investigation into Trump’s suspected Russia collusion was justified, but that “lower-level employees made a series of mistakes” in applying for a warrant from the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court....

Despite claiming that the report would show “no evidence” of spying, the Times article acknowledged that the FBI planted informants in meetings with the campaign, though it calls these “typical law enforcement activities”:

Mr. Trump and his allies have pointed to some of the investigative steps the F.B.I. took as evidence of spying, though they were typical law enforcement activities. For one, agents had an informant, an academic named Stefan A. Halper, meet with Mr. Page and Mr. Papadopoulos while they were affiliated with the campaign. The president decried the revelation as an “all time biggest political scandal” when it emerged last year.

The F.B.I. did have an undercover agent who posed as Mr. Halper’s assistant during a London meeting with Mr. Papadopoulos in August 2016. And indeed, another Trump adviser, Peter Navarro, reportedly pushed Mr. Halper for an ambassadorship in the Trump administration.​

The Times also reported that despite claims by Attorney General William Barr that the FBI had used other informants, “the F.B.I. had not deployed those people to gather information on the Trump campaign itself.”

So, according to the NYT, this is not a case of the FBI going rogue and spying on innocent US citizens because it was it was a typical law enforcement activity, and not an infiltration of the campaign itself.

These are the idiots running our nations journalism industry.

When the report is released look into these points carefully, you will find spying.. The NYSlimes is trying to blunt the severity of the report to protect the deep state, democrats and Obama.

The Times sources “familiar with the draft” are likely to have been subjects of the investigation, who are typically invited to preview a draft of the Inspector General’s report prior to its release....

These are people who are being criminally investigated... Nope there is nothing to see here....

Do they think average Americans are this stupid?

These are people who are being criminally investigated... Nope there is nothing to see here....

Do they think average Americans are this stupid?
Well, they do tell us Epstein killed himself, so, yes, they do think we are that stupid.

And we keep re-electing them.....so maybe they are right!

It looks like the deep state is solidly imbedded in the management of the NYT. It's no mistake that a liberal rag gets to spin the report before anyone else gets to see it. This kind of selective leaking makes this look a lot like Schiff's closed door investigation. It's an obvious attempt to sugarcoat DOJ criminality.

So, the Breitbart talking points on the subject arrived late in your neck of the woods, eh?

There is already a thread on the matter.

Some of this is so ludicrous, it is funny.

NYT: DOJ Inspector General Report Won't Show Spying, Even If It Does | Breitbart

Citing “people familiar with the draft,” the Times reported:

The Justice Department’s inspector general found no evidence that the F.B.I. attempted to place undercover agents or informants inside Donald J. Trump’s campaign in 2016 as agents investigated whether his associates conspired with Russia’s election interference operation.

It <CNN> claimed the Inspector General’s report would show that the investigation into Trump’s suspected Russia collusion was justified, but that “lower-level employees made a series of mistakes” in applying for a warrant from the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court....

Despite claiming that the report would show “no evidence” of spying, the Times article acknowledged that the FBI planted informants in meetings with the campaign, though it calls these “typical law enforcement activities”:

Mr. Trump and his allies have pointed to some of the investigative steps the F.B.I. took as evidence of spying, though they were typical law enforcement activities. For one, agents had an informant, an academic named Stefan A. Halper, meet with Mr. Page and Mr. Papadopoulos while they were affiliated with the campaign. The president decried the revelation as an “all time biggest political scandal” when it emerged last year.

The F.B.I. did have an undercover agent who posed as Mr. Halper’s assistant during a London meeting with Mr. Papadopoulos in August 2016. And indeed, another Trump adviser, Peter Navarro, reportedly pushed Mr. Halper for an ambassadorship in the Trump administration.The Times also reported that despite claims by Attorney General William Barr that the FBI had used other informants, “the F.B.I. had not deployed those people to gather information on the Trump campaign itself.”

So, according to the NYT, this is not a case of the FBI going rogue and spying on innocent US citizens because it was it was a typical law enforcement activity, and not an infiltration of the campaign itself.

These are the idiots running our nations journalism industry.

Spinning it? They're just pointing out that Trump lied like a dog that that the FBI and Obama spied on his campaign.

But everybody with a brain already knew this.

Spinning it? They're just pointing out that Trump lied like a dog that that the FBI and Obama spied on his campaign.
According to the Times and CNN, "The F.B.I. did have an undercover agent who posed as Mr. Halper’s assistant during a London meeting with Mr. Papadopoulos in August 2016. And indeed, another Trump adviser, Peter Navarro, reportedly pushed Mr. Halper for an ambassadorship in the Trump administration.The Times also reported that despite claims by Attorney General William Barr that the FBI had used other informants,

They did spy on Trump, dumbass, and the Times and CNN admit it then deny it like the complete morons that they are.

According to the Times and CNN, "The F.B.I. did have an undercover agent who posed as Mr. Halper’s assistant during a London meeting with Mr. Papadopoulos in August 2016. And indeed, another Trump adviser, Peter Navarro, reportedly pushed Mr. Halper for an ambassadorship in the Trump administration.The Times also reported that despite claims by Attorney General William Barr that the FBI had used other informants,

They did spy on Trump, dumbass, and the Times and CNN admit it then deny it like the complete morons that they are.
That passes as SPYING! My god these people are spinning as fast as they can... this report must be damning...

Forum List

Back