Obama Admin: Now Charging $1,500 To Take Photographs In National Wilderness.

http://www.fs.fed.us/sites/default/files/media/types/testimony/SENR_04-28-2010_S1241_Testimony.pdf

2010......letter on changes to the permit costs. The Forestry Service rejected it and said the old laws were sufficient. At that time it was a $200 permit fee............

But.............but..........you see they already get to pay LAND USE FEES............

Here's the data on that with the costs and how to apply.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5346441.pdf

aka they ALREADY PAY TO FILM THERE. And have been paying to film there for a long time. At higher rates than the $1500, which used to be $200 in 2010.................

So..........they are charging a permit fee on top of LAND USE FEES...................

Aka.......the argument about them paying to use the land is covered in another schedule of fees.............sooooooooooooo that argument that they should pay is MUTE.
If you don't want to pay.....find somewhere else to shoot

$200 is chump change and was short shifting the taxpayer

You didn't look at the site for the permit did you......................It's another fee added to other fees that were already in place, which actually charge by the hour...............and number of people....................

It's just another TAX......oops FEE..........to add to other fees because you people love to take money after money after money.

Guess what?

Our government is under a sequester. National parks need to pay for themselves . Increased fees are a way of life

I would rather see those using the parks for commercial use pay more than force visitors to

The posts before I pointed out the Land Use Fees already in place made it sound like it was free to shoot on these sites..........It's not and never has been free to do these things. I was pointing that out.

On the issue of increased processing fees I have no doubt you Joyfully approve any new taxes and fees............It's in your mantra to do so as your types think we should just give all of our money to Gov't anyway, so people like you can decide who's worthy to donate it back out.

http://www.fs.fed.us/sites/default/files/media/types/testimony/SENR_04-28-2010_S1241_Testimony.pdf

2010......letter on changes to the permit costs. The Forestry Service rejected it and said the old laws were sufficient. At that time it was a $200 permit fee............

But.............but..........you see they already get to pay LAND USE FEES............

aka they ALREADY PAY TO FILM THERE. And have been paying to film there for a long time. At higher rates than the $1500, which used to be $200 in 2010.................

So..........they are charging a permit fee on top of LAND USE FEES...................

Aka.......the argument about them paying to use the land is covered in another schedule of fees.............sooooooooooooo that argument that they should pay is MUTE.

You didn't look at the site for the permit did you......................It's another fee added to other fees that were already in place, which actually charge by the hour...............and number of people....................

It's just another TAX......oops FEE..........to add to other fees because you people love to take money after money after money.

Guess what?

Our government is under a sequester. National parks need to pay for themselves . Increased fees are a way of life

I would rather see those using the parks for commercial use pay more than force visitors to

The posts before I pointed out the Land Use Fees already in place made it sound like it was free to shoot on these sites..........It's not and never has been free to do these things. I was pointing that out.

On the issue of increased processing fees I have no doubt you Joyfully approve any new taxes and fees............It's in your mantra to do so as your types think we should just give all of our money to Gov't anyway, so people like you can decide who's worthy to donate it back out.
So?

You are making a profit off of using public lands....Pay for it

You are breaking my heart

Guess what?

So?

Just pointing out that your ideals and that of conservatives are polar opposites.............I understand fee increases with inflation and cost increases as a result...............Especially when the Gov't uses smoke and mirrors to tabulate the inflation rates by not using standard staple foods and such to determine inflation.

If you could get 10,000 per permit you'd be a real happy camper wouldn't you......................

Guess what?

So?

Just pointing out that your ideals and that of conservatives are polar opposites.............I understand fee increases with inflation and cost increases as a result...............Especially when the Gov't uses smoke and mirrors to tabulate the inflation rates by not using standard staple foods and such to determine inflation.

If you could get 10,000 per permit you'd be a real happy camper wouldn't you......................
They should charge whatever the market will bear

You got something against capitalism?

Guess what?

So?

LOL

Taxes and Fees are Capitalism...............

LOL

Guess what?

So?

LOL

LOL
Parks have to make money now. That is the world we live in thanks to those slashing government spending

If you have to pay more to make money off of our parks.....so be it

So?

LOL

LOL
Parks have to make money now. That is the world we live in thanks to those slashing government spending

Whatever floats your ideology. Who cares.............I pointed out that they were having to pay to film at these sites.........and that this is an increase of the 2010 amount.

An increase of $1300. You don't care, and I think it is excessive for that increase considering the rates of 2010 and the fact that they pay much higher fees to use the land already.

But we disagree on most everything anyway.

So?

LOL

LOL

Whatever floats your ideology. Who cares.............I pointed out that they were having to pay to film at these sites.........and that this is an increase of the 2010 amount.

An increase of $1300. You don't care, and I think it is excessive for that increase considering the rates of 2010 and the fact that they pay much higher fees to use the land already.

You make money off the public lands?
Pay for it

Think the fees are too high? Take your business elsewhere

LOL

LOL

Pay for it

Same reason companies leave California. Why Detroit is fucked. And Companies move out of country.............

Take your business elsewhere.................Yep. Your side has that down pat.

LOL

LOL

Pay for it

Same reason companies leave California. Why Detroit is fucked. And Companies move out of country.............

Can't make money off the taxpayer?

Tough

LOL

LOL

Pay for it

Can't make money off the taxpayer?

Tough

Tell that to Detroit.

Give a liberal power and you get a Totalitarian State that makes liberals swoon with desire:

The U.S. Forest Service has tightened restrictions on media coverage in vast swaths of the country's wild lands, requiring reporters to pay for a permit and get permission before shooting a photo or video in federally designated wilderness areas.

Under rules being finalized in November, a reporter who met a biologist, wildlife advocate or whistleblower alleging neglect in any of the nation's 100 million acres of wilderness would first need special approval to shoot photos or videos even on an iPhone.

Permits cost up to $1,500,
says Forest Service spokesman Larry Chambers, and reporters who don't get a permit could face fines up to $1,000​

So, the obvious thing would be to take the damn photos and just pay the fine if caught...since the fine is less than the permit!
So you pay the fine and don't get to finish your photoshoot

Then you kick your feet and gun nutters come defend you.

What is it with RWs that they just fall for this crap every single day?

You guys are so totes adorbs...

• Commercial filming—use of motion picture, videotaping, sound recording, or any other moving image or audio recording equipment on National Forest System lands that involves the advertisement of a product or service, the creation of a product for sale, or the use of models, actors, sets, or props, but not including activities associated with broadcasting breaking news, as defined in FSH 2709.11, chapter 40.

• Still photography—use of still photographic equipment on National Forest System lands that takes place at a location where members of the public generally are not allowed or where additional administrative costs are likely, or uses models, sets, or props that are not a part of the site's natural or cultural resources or administrative facilities.
Proposed Directive for Commercial Filming in Wilderness; Special Uses Administration

Yes, the growing Administrative State, the 4th branch of government, does indeed manufacture mountains of regulations to justify their existence and generate revenue.

Thanks for proving the point with your citation.

What I proved is that the sky is not falling, Chicken Little.

Proof requires more than changing the subject. What I said is factually true. You've proven nothing but to underscore my point.

But I'll throw you a bone......Yes, ignorance of the growing State is akin not to a small chicken, but to a frog in a pot of water slowly boiling.....he knoweth naught until it be too late. History is repeating itself.....

• Commercial filming—use of motion picture, videotaping, sound recording, or any other moving image or audio recording equipment on National Forest System lands that involves the advertisement of a product or service, the creation of a product for sale, or the use of models, actors, sets, or props, but not including activities associated with broadcasting breaking news, as defined in FSH 2709.11, chapter 40.

• Still photography—use of still photographic equipment on National Forest System lands that takes place at a location where members of the public generally are not allowed or where additional administrative costs are likely, or uses models, sets, or props that are not a part of the site's natural or cultural resources or administrative facilities.
Proposed Directive for Commercial Filming in Wilderness; Special Uses Administration

You mean our conservative board members are overreacting again?

The hilarious thing is this. If you had written the same thread with the following title:

Obama's Dept. of Interior Charges Hollywood Fat Cats $1,000 to Film @ Yellowstone....

The nutcases on the right would probably cheer such a thing.

You mean our conservative board members are overreacting again?

The hilarious thing is this. If you had written the same thread with the following title:

Obama's Dept. of Interior Charges Hollywood Fat Cats $1,000 to Film @ Yellowstone....

The nutcases on the right would probably cheer such a thing.

That title would be a lie to some extent.............Obama's Dept of Interior charges an EXTRA $1300 TO film....................in addition to Land use taxes.

What is it with right wing nutjobs and the boiling of frogs?

What is it with the left wing always happy anytime they see taxes or fees increase from the Gov't. Do you just get a tingling sensation from it or what..................

The Fee went up $1300 from the original 2010 Fee of $200. That is a large increase in percentage............They pay it, and tomorrow the Gov says raise it again.

photos-166617376-lg.jpg

Ascent Xmedia/Taxi/Getty Images
What's wrong with that photo is that you cannot have dogs touch precious federal property anymore. Not even on a leash.

Forum List

Back