Obama Admin: Now Charging $1,500 To Take Photographs In National Wilderness.

You guys are so totes adorbs...

• Commercial filming—use of motion picture, videotaping, sound recording, or any other moving image or audio recording equipment on National Forest System lands that involves the advertisement of a product or service, the creation of a product for sale, or the use of models, actors, sets, or props, but not including activities associated with broadcasting breaking news, as defined in FSH 2709.11, chapter 40.

• Still photography—use of still photographic equipment on National Forest System lands that takes place at a location where members of the public generally are not allowed or where additional administrative costs are likely, or uses models, sets, or props that are not a part of the site's natural or cultural resources or administrative facilities.
Proposed Directive for Commercial Filming in Wilderness; Special Uses Administration

I thought you would agree with the admin. You're good with someone taking pictures of a national forest....their tax dollars.....and being charged for it?

So, if you want to use public lands for commercial purposes, you have to pay for it

I can see why our board conservatives are outraged

Its just that we already pay for it. I thought you would agree with the admin.

You are making money off of public lands. You should pay for the access

You want to walk around and take pictures of birds? Go for it
You want to film a commercial? Pay for it

So, if you want to use public lands for commercial purposes, you have to pay for it

Nope, companies pay taxes that contribute to national forests also. They should have the same access.

• Commercial filming—use of motion picture, videotaping, sound recording, or any other moving image or audio recording equipment on National Forest System lands that involves the advertisement of a product or service, the creation of a product for sale, or the use of models, actors, sets, or props, but not including activities associated with broadcasting breaking news, as defined in FSH 2709.11, chapter 40.

• Still photography—use of still photographic equipment on National Forest System lands that takes place at a location where members of the public generally are not allowed or where additional administrative costs are likely, or uses models, sets, or props that are not a part of the site's natural or cultural resources or administrative facilities.
Proposed Directive for Commercial Filming in Wilderness; Special Uses Administration

Ah so its another anti-profit anti-business hate regulation from the left, shocker. /sarcasm

Lovely, they can now tell you were and when you can take a picture on OUR LANDS in the United States the LAND OF THE FREE...oops scratch that used to be, THE LAND OF FREE
derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ah so its another anti-profit anti-business hate regulation from the left, shocker. /sarcasm

If you want to open a business on a national park you should pay for the privlege

If you want to open a business on a national park you should pay for the privlege

I already own the national park, I can see charging illegals though.

You don't own it, We the people do

And if you want to open a business in "your" park, We the People expect you to pay for the privlege

And if you want to open a business in "your" park, We the People expect you to pay for the privlege

LOL I pay more in taxes than you make son I already paid my share and the share of a bunch of welfare deadbeats.

You mean our conservative board members are overreacting again?

The hilarious thing is this. If you had written the same thread with the following title:

Obama's Dept. of Interior Charges Hollywood Fat Cats $1,000 to Film @ Yellowstone....

The nutcases on the right would probably cheer such a thing.

NOPE! They would have said, ''What? Just a $1000 dollars and not $5000, obama is in bed with Hollywood and he wants their donations and this is why he is charging so little!!!" "Scumbag, Kenyan Negro Obama is a useless piece of crud who hates America and is not even a citizen and etc etc etc etc etc.... Oh and BENGHAZI...." :D

Give a liberal power and you get a Totalitarian State that makes liberals swoon with desire:

The U.S. Forest Service has tightened restrictions on media coverage in vast swaths of the country's wild lands, requiring reporters to pay for a permit and get permission before shooting a photo or video in federally designated wilderness areas.

Under rules being finalized in November, a reporter who met a biologist, wildlife advocate or whistleblower alleging neglect in any of the nation's 100 million acres of wilderness would first need special approval to shoot photos or videos even on an iPhone.

Permits cost up to $1,500,
says Forest Service spokesman Larry Chambers, and reporters who don't get a permit could face fines up to $1,000​

So, the obvious thing would be to take the damn photos and just pay the fine if caught...since the fine is less than the permit!

And then after being caught and pay the fine, you can't take any more pictures, unless you then pay for a permit.

Nope, companies pay taxes that contribute to national forests also. They should have the same access.
They are welcome to visit also

But running a business? Pay for it

LOL I pay more in taxes than you make son I already paid my share and the share of a bunch of welfare deadbeats.
I can guarantee you that you dont

Knee jerk reaction from the peanut gallery again....taking what their right wing sites have TOLD THEM and not doing any research themselves on what the actual rule says and does.... big sigh....

I can guarantee you that you dont

You libs never were any good at math.

There are very important issues going on in the forest which the Forest Service does not like politicized such as fire suppression and endangered species act. We already are making no progress improving these problems, and now they can make it harder to do so.

U.S. Forest Service wants to charge 1 500 to take photos on federal wild lands - The Washington Post

“I am very concerned about the implications this has for Americans’ First Amendment freedoms of speech and the press,” U.S. Rep. Greg Walden (R-Ore.) wrote in a letter to Forest Service Chief Thomas Tidwell. “It is also very troubling that journalists could be held to different standards at the discretion of the issuing officer depending on the content of their stories and its relevance to wilderness activity.”

Walden said he worried access might be granted “based on political calculations” and noted a majority of Oregon land is controlled by the federal government.

So this is a tax on the film industry?

I bet they never saw that one coming.

I think the argument is more fundamental than that. I believe there can be a charge for news footage.

Forum List

Back