Obama again warns of coming 'pain'

same with the stimulus package. another reason why we are in this hole in the first place

we are in the hole because our Govt lowered revenue during a time of unprecedented spending. The Stimulus is one small fraction of the overall debt.

Newt made that suggestion as well during the primaries and was sumarrily mocked for it.

he was mocked because of the anti Government tone of the GOP. Then Newty goes and talks like hes ready to quadrupole NASA's resources. But in all seriousness, hes vision was a bit off base. Obama has done a great job of cutting the fat for the space program, and now its time to add lean muscle. Like I said, look out for 2017, thats when you Civi's will start to read about where our manned space program is going. 4

Gramps, stand by for a link. Below is the brand spanking new LCC (launch Control Center) at KSC. This is for the new NASA heavy lift rocket which is to be ready in 2017. This is also the old Apollo and Shuttle LCC as well.

385854_453392978063440_1723123989_n.jpg

Newt was mocked by the left who then proceeded to praise Obamas idea to do the SAME THING only on Mars. Keep in mind newt is not a rocket scientist. And the window for a Mars launch closes after 2018 until 2033.

Maybe we should treat this like the Healthcare bill.
Let it pass and see what happens.

same with the stimulus package. another reason why we are in this hole in the first place

Why aren't you complaining about the continuing costs of W's wars, or his unfunded Medicaid Part D? Your assinine rants about Obama's spending, which at least he has done at home where the US economy can reap the benefits, completely ignores how much of Obama's spending is the direct result of W's policies and tax cuts.

And no lie Obama has told has been as resulted in as much useless spending as W's "weapons of mass destruction" lie.

we are in the hole because our Govt lowered revenue during a time of unprecedented spending. The Stimulus is one small fraction of the overall debt.

think of what that trillion wasted dollars could do to pay down the debt today

Newt is old school in the fact he admires the public sector employees that run our space program, that's just for starters.

Look, Newt is a force but right now we ave a huge group of idiot GOPers who want to see the Govt down sized beyond recognition, even public sector employees are being made out to be lazy govt homers. Not true, but at any rate, Newt has no chance in pushing his moon agenda with this current GOP, no way in hell.

Again, this is why I stress using the moon as a test bed. so by 2033 we will have a proven system in place. I specialize in radar, I can tell you it takes about a decade to work the kinks out of a new radar system. Imagine how long it would take to iron out a moon base. Once we lose this tea party mind set, I think you might just see a new age in space exploration, I know im ready.

Maybe we should treat this like the Healthcare bill.
Let it pass and see what happens.

Why aren't you complaining about the continuing costs of W's wars, or his unfunded Medicaid Part D? Your assinine rants about Obama's spending, which at least he has done at home where the US economy can reap the benefits, completely ignores how much of Obama's spending is the direct result of W's policies and tax cuts.

And no lie Obama has told has been as resulted in as much useless spending as W's "weapons of mass destruction" lie.

he isn't president, obama is. can bush impact anything that is going on now? no. so lets focus on the one who can and is making the current bad decisions. if you libs took a little of your hindsight and monday morning quarterbacking and applied it to the present we might make a little progress.

can bush impact anything that is going on now? no

you are dead wrong. So wrong indeed its sort of infuriating. First off, people like you will use Obama care for decades. Once Obama leaves office its not like you will just up and say its the next guys problem. And my main concern with people like you is you cling to the US Constitution that was written hundreds of years ago and say we should still abide by them as the constitution effects all of us each day, Just like Bush II' mistakes and debt.

You cant have it both ways homer.

Last edited:
can bush impact anything that is going on now? no

you are dead wrong. So wrong indeed its sort of infuriating. First off, people like you will use Obama care for decades. Once Obama leaves office its not like you will just up and say its the next guys problem. And my main concern with people like you is you cling to the US Constitution that was written hundreds of years ago and say we should still abide by them as the constitution effects all of us each day, Just like Bush II' mistakes and debt.

You cant have it both ways homer.

so tell me, what can bush do now? prove me wrong.

and yes we need to abide by the constitution because that is what this country is about. you want change, there are plenty of other countries out there who offer different accomodations. feel free to check them out. that's exactly what the founding fathers of this country did. they didn like where they were. so they moved on and set up something more to their liking.

We have to protect our phoney baloney jobs gentlemen (a line from a movie). Could the WH be a fan of Mel Brooks?

Sequester spin gets ahead of reality - The Washington Post

"What is not new, however, is the impulse of officials to resort to melodrama when they are faced with budget cuts. Getting people’s attention has been a challenge in the case of the sequester. In the latest Washington Post-Pew Research Center survey, only one in four said they were closely following news about the automatic spending cuts.

The ploy even has a name: the “Washington Monument” syndrome, a reference to the National Park Service’s decision to close that landmark and the Grand Canyon for two days a week after the Nixon administration cut funding in 1969."

On the road, Obama again warns of coming 'pain' without budget fix - First Read

As Republicans decry a White House "road show" and cabinet officials continue to sound the sequester alarm, President Barack Obama said Tuesday that - even if Congress gives him greater flexibility to target coming budget reductions - rapid cuts without new revenues will still inflict "pain" on the national economy.

"The problem is, when you're cutting 85 billion dollars in seven months, which represents over a 10 percent cut in the defense budget … there's no smart way to do that," he said in a speech in the ship-building community of Newport News, Va.

Obama's address at a shipbuilding plant came hours after House Speaker John Boehner used blunt language to urge Senate action on a budget fix, saying the upper chamber's members should "get off their ass" to avert the sequester.

Only pain we have is Obama, he is running around with a stolen check book writing checks that bounce to the tune of 4 billion a month -:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Cancel the 30 billion dollar check he plans on writing out to Afganistan. The 30 billion isn't even earmarked for any specific need, just a 30 billion dollar check he wants to hand them for no reason. Cancel the check. Cancel the 28 million dollars per hour we are still spending in Iraq and tell Obama to get the 38,000 contractors he left out of there now. Problem solved. Your welcome.

We have a Government out of control ................

I work for a division of NASA, and with a company I wont name however, we were told we are only funded till March 31st and no one is sure what will happen after that. I support the 45th Space Wing on a day to day basis and General Cotton tells me there will be cuts.

So there you have it folks. You wanted budget cuts, were gonna get em. I hope the right wing asshats are happy after spending trillions in Iraq and yet playing fiscal games at home.

Me, ill survive, I have a double EE degree from GT. Ill go work for India if I have to, if my home land wont pay me for my work, some other nation in need of engineers may. Their space program is in dire need of young men like me.

We got enough problems hear on earth than worrying about what a rock is made of on Mars...and spending billions on it to boot, don't forget no hambergers in india ,only rat burgers...

On the road, Obama again warns of coming 'pain' without budget fix - First Read

As Republicans decry a White House "road show" and cabinet officials continue to sound the sequester alarm, President Barack Obama said Tuesday that - even if Congress gives him greater flexibility to target coming budget reductions - rapid cuts without new revenues will still inflict "pain" on the national economy.

"The problem is, when you're cutting 85 billion dollars in seven months, which represents over a 10 percent cut in the defense budget … there's no smart way to do that," he said in a speech in the ship-building community of Newport News, Va.

Obama's address at a shipbuilding plant came hours after House Speaker John Boehner used blunt language to urge Senate action on a budget fix, saying the upper chamber's members should "get off their ass" to avert the sequester.

Only pain we have is Obama, he is running around with a stolen check book writing checks that bounce to the tune of 4 billion a month -:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
he is just prepping the field so he can blame the coming downturn on republicans and the tiny 85 billion in cuts, instead of the trillions in spending and debt,economic busting regulations, and tax increases that he has implemented to ruin America .

Last edited:
He's been dreaming of these thuggery tactics for years. His hate for america is evident.

The only thing that's evident is YOUR racism and hatred of Obama. The insults, slanders and lies that posters here seem perfectly comfortable hurling at the president speaks volumes about YOU, not Obama.

Wake up and smell the coffee RACISM is not against the law. Louie Farakan (how ever you spell it) and his black followers (Obama is one) have openly admitted to there racism hatred of the white race over and over again, come on when 95 % of the black race votes for a black man whats more racist than that.
The bad people of the black race have fooled the illeterate white women and spanish transplants to join there cause of not working and getting a free ride. The remaining 5% of blacks that did not vote for Obama are embarrassed by there own race. White do gooders will be the reason that the USA will struggle (thank you wonderful education system for that).

The bad people of the black race have fooled the illeterate white women and spanish transplants to join there cause of not working and getting a free ride. The remaining 5% of blacks that did not vote for Obama are embarrassed by there own race. White do gooders will be the reason that the USA will struggle (thank you wonderful education system for that).

Don't you have it backwards. The Republicans have fooled the uneducated white folks and rural Southern folk that they are the only party that can save them from that black man being President. The Republicans are in thrall to an economic policy which transfers wealth to their rich buddies, and sends American jobs to China.

Since the American economy hasn't completely been destroyed and there is more money to be made for the rich and the politicians, screw the American public some more but keep them distracted by Obama's school marks so they don't notice the big corporate swindles and tax cuts for only the wealthy.

The dumb asshats who vote Republican hate black folks so much Republicans could run an idiot and he'd win. Hell, they did it once with W.

We got enough problems hear on earth than worrying about what a rock is made of on Mars...and spending billions on it to boot, don't forget no hambergers in india ,only rat burgers...

you sir, are absolutely clueless and an embarrassment to America. You cant even Fing spell Hamburgers right. Like anyone needs to be taking advice from you.

and yes we need to abide by the constitution because that is what this country is about. you want change, there are plenty of other countries out there who offer different accomodations. feel free to check them out. that's exactly what the founding fathers of this country did. they didn like where they were. so they moved on and set up something more to their liking.

ya, ya, ya, okay there turbo. Im actually on Ascension Island as we speak supporting this current Space X ISS resupply mission. ITs tax free work out here as I am not on US soil, so ya, I did leave and tried a few new things. You might want to broaden your horizons as well.

The lies coming out of this presidents mouth are disturbing, despicable, and appalling. Its a shame that this country is suffering under such incompetent inept leadership.

and he is teflon too. no one will speak out against him because it would be "racist"

you sir, are absolutely clueless and an embarrassment to America. You cant even Fing spell Hamburgers right. Like anyone needs to be taking advice from you.

ya, ya, ya, okay there turbo. Im actually on Ascension Island as we speak supporting this current Space X ISS resupply mission. ITs tax free work out here as I am not on US soil, so ya, I did leave and tried a few new things. You might want to broaden your horizons as well.

good, then stop worying about our business and worry about your own.

good, then stop worying about our business and worry about your own.

ya, I will continue to support the USAF an NASA on the mission at hand. Thanks for your support. I mean, if you would like we could discuss how cool and ultra bad ass epic American it is to work for the space program. You wanna have that convo?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back