Obama asking for open ended power to go to war

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Now I can see why he wants to go to Congress under the guise of getting permission to strike Syria. If he gets what he wants he will be free to order an invasion if he thinks Syria is moving the weapons, or if he thinks terrorists will win and get their hands on them.

(a) Authorization. -- The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in connection with the use of chemical weapons or other weapons of mass destruction in the conflict in Syria in order to --
(1) prevent or deter the use or proliferation (including the transfer to terrorist groups or other state or non-state actors), within, to or from Syria, of any weapons of mass destruction, including chemical or biological weapons or components of or materials used in such weapons; or
(2) protect the United States and its allies and partners against the threat posed by such weapons.

Text of Obama's draft legislation - CNN.com

Tell me again how different he is from Bush.

It is amazing how clever the AIPAC, the Feds and the MSM are pulling off this charade. The interviews are like pro wrestling promos, some pretty good acting, but all sides working for the boss. How they are going to work IRAN and NORTH KOREAN into it is the question!

Now I can see why he wants to go to Congress under the guise of getting permission to strike Syria. If he gets what he wants he will be free to order an invasion if he thinks Syria is moving the weapons, or if he thinks terrorists will win and get their hands on them.

(a) Authorization. -- The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in connection with the use of chemical weapons or other weapons of mass destruction in the conflict in Syria in order to --
(1) prevent or deter the use or proliferation (including the transfer to terrorist groups or other state or non-state actors), within, to or from Syria, of any weapons of mass destruction, including chemical or biological weapons or components of or materials used in such weapons; or
(2) protect the United States and its allies and partners against the threat posed by such weapons.

More evidence of the idiocy of the partisan right and ODS, everything the president does is ‘wrong.’

More evidence of the idiocy of the partisan right and ODS, everything the president does is ‘wrong.’

you are correct. everything he does - IS wrong.

That is funny, because it looks like more blind support of everything Obama does to me.

That would be if obama thinks the terrorists are going to LOSE he will be able to step in and perhaps turn the tide.

Section 2. To protect allies. obama's allies are al quaeda and all of its affiliates.

That would be if obama thinks the terrorists are going to LOSE he will be able to step in and perhaps turn the tide.

Section 2. To protect allies. obama's allies are al quaeda and all of its affiliates.

Islamic extremists are on the GOP's team.

When Saddam butchered tens of thousands of Kurds with poison gas it didn't seem to bother the left then. Now all of the sudden it matters.

Who gives a flying-fuck if these people murder each other as long as it doesn't spread into other countries. It's none of our business.

Last edited:

When Saddam butchered tens of thousands of Kurds with poison gas it didn't seem to bother the left then. Now all of the sudden it matters.

Who gives a flying-fuck if these people murder each other as long as it doesn't spread into other countries. It's none of our business.

As I have said other times... This is a case of people who don't like us killing other people who don't like us inside the borders of Syria.

No matter how it turns out, we win.. There will be less people on both sides who don't like us.

The U.S. can't afford to put boots on the ground there. Can't even afford a no fly zone.

Which is why we need to have a clear policy in place. If we don't, we might end up using nukes to prevent WMDs from getting out of Syria.

I cannot see that ending well.

Oh? I seem to remember the Right wing not giving a damn.

Last edited:
It seems that Democrats in Congress aren't happy with Obama's draft resolution. This won't surprise anyone with a functioning brain, but it will upset the idiots that think Republicans are the ones that think Obama is always wrong.

The administration’s proposal is too open-ended — a complaint many lawmakers aired Sunday — Leahy said after leaving the classified briefing. The current version wouldn’t garner his support, but he indicated that a more tightly written draft might.

Hill briefing: Uphill battle for Obama on Syria - Seung Min Kim and Austin Wright and Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

Or is Leahy a racist?

Islamic extremists are on the GOP's team.

Obama helped force Mubarak from office and left a vacuum in Egypt for the Muslim Brotherhood.

Obama wants to remove Assad from office and hand Syria to Al Qaeda on a silver platter.

Islamic jihadists are obviously Obama's faves in the Middle East.

Republicans tricked America into the deaths of thousands of young soldiers and the maiming of tens of thousands falsely claiming Iraq had WMD's. Now that we know Syria has them for sure, they want to "hold back"?

I'm guessing they hope America is attacked so they can say, "See? Obama couldn't keep us safe". We already know when they held millions of unemployed hostage to extend tax cuts for billionaires, they will do anything, no matter how dirty, no matter how low.

This is not Eisenhower's Republicans. This is the party of "let him die".

Republicans tricked America into the deaths of thousands of young soldiers and the maiming of tens of thousands falsely claiming Iraq had WMD's. Now that we know Syria has them for sure, they want to "hold back"?

I'm guessing they hope America is attacked so they can say, "See? Obama couldn't keep us safe". We already know when they held millions of unemployed hostage to extend tax cuts for billionaires, they will do anything, no matter how dirty, no matter how low.

Your rewrite of history and your partisan BS is exactly what we don't need in this country, however we live in a country that will support stupid ideas and people, no matter how stupid they are. rdean, you are lucky to live in a country that lets idiots like you to have an opinion.

Well, you must have had your head up your ass when we voiced our support for the invasion of Iraq. We knew it wasn't just about WMDs like the fucken media keep saying. Saddam had murdered around 200,000 Iraqi Kurds and was paying suicide bombers' families that were blowing themselves up in Israel. WMDs were just one of the threats he posed to us and to his neighbors. I guess you forget about Desert Storm.

What a surprise, rdean is defending Obama even after he makes Bush smart.

Did you get your new t-shirt yet?

mMoVYqyPJRkizE0nHwHoDGQ.jpg

Last edited:

It WAS on their watch!

Forum List

Back