Obama asking for open ended power to go to war

Does Kerry have any credibility? After all, he supported Bush, and then lied about it.

Kerry is laughable. I peace creep, anti- war demonstrator, and Vietnam traitor, is now a hawk?

yeah right

-Geaux
John Kerry is an American war hero.

So fuck off.

Actually he's more a hero to the NVA, like Jane Fonda.

But you guys don't have any real heros, so you invent them.

commun1.jpg

Last edited:
The problem for republicans is they simply can’t be believed.

Their opposition to limited military action in Syria isn’t consistent with their support of similar actions in the past, particularly under republican presidents.

Which Republicans are you talking about? The party leadership is going all pout to support Obama in this, it is the Tea Party newcomers, who have no record of voting to support war in the past, that are opposing it. Does that mean you are the one that isn't consistent?

he's not going to use nukes.

oh good---that makes all the killing legal, right ?

Are you opposed to a military strike against Syria for objective reasons having nothing to do with Obama, or do you oppose the strike because Obama supports it?

Whatever your response, there’s no way to know whether you and others on the right are being truthful.

You and other conservatives have lied as to the president’s intent, ‘boots on the ground’ and similar idiocy, there’s no way to know if you’re lying as to your rationale for opposing a strike.

Conservatives have only themselves to blame, given their animosity and disdain for the current Administration.

And it’s easy to understand why conservatives and republicans have zero credibility when it comes to the ethics of killing, after Iraq and Afghanistan, two illegal and unnecessary wars, that pointlessly killed thousands.

If you ever said that Bush lied us into war, and aren't pointing out the fact that Obama is lying us into war, you have no room to talk.

Now I can see why he wants to go to Congress under the guise of getting permission to strike Syria. If he gets what he wants he will be free to order an invasion if he thinks Syria is moving the weapons, or if he thinks terrorists will win and get their hands on them.

(a) Authorization. -- The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in connection with the use of chemical weapons or other weapons of mass destruction in the conflict in Syria in order to --
(1) prevent or deter the use or proliferation (including the transfer to terrorist groups or other state or non-state actors), within, to or from Syria, of any weapons of mass destruction, including chemical or biological weapons or components of or materials used in such weapons; or
(2) protect the United States and its allies and partners against the threat posed by such weapons.

Text of Obama's draft legislation - CNN.com

Tell me again how different he is from Bush.

facepalm-gif-33.gif

And the hits just keep on coming...

Saying it's a limited strike is like giving someone a haircut with a guillotine.
Bullshit. They could bomb all the runways, grounding their planes, which were the likely means of dispersing gas.

Kerry said that they have pictures of the missiles being fired. I guess that makes you an idiot.
How does that change what I said? It still grounds his Air Force.

Nothing we do will stop more chemical attacks, short of invasion. That's not the objective. Making Assad pay a heavy price for doing it is the objective.

Warfare, welfare, warfare, welfare, warfare, welfare... wash, rinse, repeat.

Saying it's a limited strike is like giving someone a haircut with a guillotine.
Bullshit. They could bomb all the runways, grounding their planes, which were the likely means of dispersing gas.

Sorry, they can also disperse this gas via mortar and artillery bombardments. Try not to immerse yourself in this too much, Synthaholic. I can already tell how utterly confusing this must be for you.

Kerry said that they have pictures of the missiles being fired. I guess that makes you an idiot.

Nothing we do will stop more chemical attacks, short of invasion. That's not the objective. Making Assad pay a heavy price for doing it is the objective.

You really believe he will just let his planes sit there and get bombed? Assad is a megalomaniac, not stupid.

Sorry, they can also disperse this gas via mortar and artillery bombardments. Try not to immerse yourself in this too much, Synthaholic. I can already tell how utterly confusing this must be for you.
Fuck off, retard.

You really believe he will just let his planes sit there and get bombed? Assad is a megalomaniac, not stupid.
Bomb the runways, and the planes can't take off.

Like I said: retard.

Now I can see why he wants to go to Congress under the guise of getting permission to strike Syria. If he gets what he wants he will be free to order an invasion if he thinks Syria is moving the weapons, or if he thinks terrorists will win and get their hands on them.

Text of Obama's draft legislation - CNN.com

Tell me again how different he is from Bush.

More evidence of the idiocy of the partisan right and ODS, everything the president does is ‘wrong.’

When Saddam butchered tens of thousands of Kurds with poison gas it didn't seem to bother the left then. Now all of the sudden it matters.

Who gives a flying-fuck if these people murder each other as long as it doesn't spread into other countries. It's none of our business.

you little fucktard.

still conflating the iraq invasion with the chemical gassing at least 15 years before the invasion.

More evidence of the idiocy of the partisan right and ODS, everything the president does is ‘wrong.’

When Saddam butchered tens of thousands of Kurds with poison gas it didn't seem to bother the left then. Now all of the sudden it matters.

Who gives a flying-fuck if these people murder each other as long as it doesn't spread into other countries. It's none of our business.

you little fucktard.

still conflating the iraq invasion with the chemical gassing at least 15 years before the invasion.
...which occurred under a Republican president, after 8 years of another Republican president who aided and abetted Saddam's previous gas attacks on Iran.

You said the chemical weapons were likely dispersed by planes, so it doesn't change what you said, but what you said is still wrong.

Which makes you still an idiot.

Your more ignorant than a box of crowbars

-Geaux

Forum List

Back