Obama calling in the four leaders

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama has invited congressional leaders to the White House on Wednesday to discuss the need to reopen the government and raise the federal debt ceiling, according to the White House and a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner.

The Boehner spokesman, Brendan Buck, confirmed the meeting was set for 5:30 p.m. ET.

"We're pleased the president finally recognizes that his refusal to negotiate is indefensible," Buck said. "It's unclear why we'd be having this meeting if it's not meant to be a start to serious talks between the two parties."

The only serious talks that will occur is him making them look him in the eye while they explain their intransigence.

Progress? Obama invites congressional leaders for talks on shutdown - CNN.com

The ACA is NOT up for discussion.

1239944_650566984965170_1234463152_n.jpg

It will be fun to watch the posturing after the meeting is over

Boehner has painted himself into a corner and Obama is not going to offer him a way out

What on earth does this have to do with the OP?

This has nothing to do with the debt ceiling. Luddly. Get with the program.

Are you kidding? It's almost word for word a perfect Analogy...

• Banned
It will be fun to watch the posturing after the meeting is over

Boehner has painted himself into a corner and Obama is not going to offer him a way out

Nor should he. The better part of the nation is sick unto death of the shit they've been pulling. Just do your job!! Do your damn job. Show up for work, and govern.

:doubt:

Congress doesn't report to the President. It's be nice if someone reminded him of that fact.

Yes, I know. You couldn't have a higher opinion of him if you tried.

But thanks for weighing in with your warped perspectives of a man you despise, who can never do anything right in your eyes - and never has.

Yes, I know. You couldn't have a higher opinion of him if you tried.

But thanks for weighing in with your warped perspectives of a man you despise, who can never do anything right in your eyes - and never has.

If you stop humping his leg so much we'll go easier on him.

Forum List

Back