Obama calling in the four leaders

Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama has invited congressional leaders to the White House on Wednesday to discuss the need to reopen the government and raise the federal debt ceiling, according to the White House and a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner.

The Boehner spokesman, Brendan Buck, confirmed the meeting was set for 5:30 p.m. ET.

"We're pleased the president finally recognizes that his refusal to negotiate is indefensible," Buck said. "It's unclear why we'd be having this meeting if it's not meant to be a start to serious talks between the two parties."

The only serious talks that will occur is him making them look him in the eye while they explain their intransigence.

Progress? Obama invites congressional leaders for talks on shutdown - CNN.com

The ACA is NOT up for discussion.
Aren't you a tough gal?

:rolleyes:

Nada damn thing.

But that's different!
They offered unconditional funding for the Federal government with one exception. 99% of everything the Democrats want.

Try again.

The exception was unacceptable. They knew that going in.

They tried to call our 'bluff.' See my signature for more information.

Too bad you forgot what happened to Napolean when he took on the Duke of Wellington at Waterloo. :lol: Maybe if you'd taken some history classes instead of women's studies and organic gardening you'd know something and have a real job.

Last edited:
Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama has invited congressional leaders to the White House on Wednesday to discuss the need to reopen the government and raise the federal debt ceiling, according to the White House and a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner.

The Boehner spokesman, Brendan Buck, confirmed the meeting was set for 5:30 p.m. ET.

"We're pleased the president finally recognizes that his refusal to negotiate is indefensible," Buck said. "It's unclear why we'd be having this meeting if it's not meant to be a start to serious talks between the two parties."

The only serious talks that will occur is him making them look him in the eye while they explain their intransigence.

In Budget negotiations everything is up for discussion and the ones that refuse to discuss it are the ones that are keeping the Government shut down. If it weren't for a supportive press this administration would look like the lying hacks they are. Talk about two faced, the republicans will propose spending bills on different parts of the Government that agree with what the dems want but they won't vote on it. Now exactly WHO is obstructing?

When they look him [Obama] in the eye and say, "You have to give something up or we walk out the door" will you then blame them for Obama not compromising?

The ACA is not negotiable.

Really? Then please explain all the waivers for Obama Cronies and the special deal for Congress?

When they look him [Obama] in the eye and say, "You have to give something up or we walk out the door" will you then blame them for Obama not compromising?

Really? Then please explain all the waivers for Obama Cronies and the special deal for Congress?

would like to see an answer to this. i've asked it about half a dozen times or more and still no response from libs as to why it is ok for obama to unilaterally allow corps and his cronies to get a one year postponement but not ok for american citizens to get the same.

Well, it'll be cocktail hour, so it won't be a total waste. I wonder what beer obama has brewed lately.

would like to see an answer to this. i've asked it about half a dozen times or more and still no response from libs as to why it is ok for obama to unilaterally allow corps and his cronies to get a one year postponement but not ok for american citizens to get the same.

I'd also like an explanation for why the Corporation requirement has been deferred a year and why the Eligibility Verification hasn't been implemented.

The "special deal" for congress is really not very special

Fact Check: Congress, staff are exempt from Obamacare ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

But please don't think I'm defending Obamacare. All I'll say on that, the more desperate I see the gop, the less bad I think Obamacare may prove out to be.

Obama isn't King honey.... they have every right to tell him to fuck off... you know, the whole "co-equal" thingy.

The answer you'll never see is that they know a year from now this ACA clusterfuck will have us mad enough to lynch every democrat in sight..... that they can't risk. It won't work, it can't work, yesterday's roll-out shows they have no idea what they're doing. :confused:

The "special deal" for congress is really not very special

Fact Check: Congress, staff are exempt from Obamacare ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

But please don't think I'm defending Obamacare. All I'll say on that, the more desperate I see the gop, the less bad I think Obamacare may prove out to be.

It's VERY SPECIAL. Right now, members of Congress and staff have 75% of their premiums paid by the government. Under ObamaCare, they would not that type of subsidy - most wouldn't get any at all. So, Obama has created a special subsidy scheme just for very highly paid member of Congress and their staffs.

I read somewhere - and I can't find a link for it ATM - that the Teahdist wing of the House GOP has told the Speaker they don't want him to negotiate face-to-face with the Prez anymore.

What on earth does this have to do with the OP?

This has nothing to do with the debt ceiling. Luddly. Get with the program.

Are you kidding? It's almost word for word a perfect Analogy...

Except for the fact that in 2007 the Democrats held the Senate. The House passed resolution after resolution against the Iraq War but would never take a vote on defunding it, fearing backlash.

So no, it is not a perfect analogy. It does perfectly illustrate the lying nature of Democrats and their spinelessness.

The answer you'll never see is that they know a year from now this ACA clusterfuck will have us mad enough to lynch every democrat in sight..... that they can't risk. It won't work, it can't work, yesterday's roll-out shows they have no idea what they're doing. :confused:

If it's so bad, the gop would virtually be assured of taking the senate in 14. Which makes me think either it may not be that bad or the gop is simply crazy.

Haley Barbour (paraphrasing Napoleon) "never interfere when your opponent is defeating himself."

I read somewhere - and I can't find a link for it ATM - that the Teahdist wing of the House GOP has told the Speaker they don't want him to negotiate face-to-face with the Prez anymore.

I'm looking forward to you posting a link.

Lord have mercy, has there ever been a wearker president in American history? :eusa_shifty:

This boy has no stomach for a fight......any fight. Fresh off getting punk'd by putin, yesterday he tells a pack of moonbats: "I WILL NOT NEGOTIATE (at which point they start cheering before he finishes the sentence) BLAH BLAH BLAH".

So what happens today? He's meeting with Boner and the boys at the White House this afternoon....for what? To roll up some "fish" and snort a few lines of "poi"? :eusa_eh:

Nope. To negotiate an end to the "make it hurt" mission Barry and Hairy have laid on the American public....you know, us fly-over country taxpayers who fund their lavish lifestyle.

After which he'll either proclaim he's the only one who cares about us and enable Joe/Jane Public a year's worth of time-out on his individual mandate. Or, to show he will indeed talk to the GOP as well as his new pal in Iran and tell us he didn't back down.

But he will back down. He always has. Since childhood. It's why the only men he wants to be around are old white queers. And Reggie. :lol:

The meeting actually has to happen first. As I mentioned earlier, Boner might be too chickenshit to cross the wingnuts his own caucus to go to it.

Well, it'll be cocktail hour, so it won't be a total waste. I wonder what beer obama has brewed lately.

:lol: Haaa ~ I don't drink anymore but cheers to you~

Lord have mercy, has there ever been a wearker president in American history? :eusa_shifty:

This boy has no stomach for a fight......any fight. Fresh off getting punk'd by putin, yesterday he tells a pack of moonbats: "I WILL NOT NEGOTIATE (at which point they start cheering before he finishes the sentence) BLAH BLAH BLAH".

So what happens today? He's meeting with Boner and the boys at the White House this afternoon....for what? To roll up some "fish" and snort a few lines of "poi"? :eusa_eh:

Nope. To negotiate an end to the "make it hurt" mission Barry and Hairy have laid on the American public....you know, us fly-over country taxpayers who fund their lavish lifestyle.

After which he'll either proclaim he's the only one who cares about us and enable Joe/Jane Public a year's worth of time-out on his individual mandate. Or, to show he will indeed talk to the GOP as well as his new pal in Iran and tell us he didn't back down.

But he will back down. He always has. Since childhood. It's why the only men he wants to be around are old white queers. And Reggie. :lol:

The meeting actually has to happen first. As I mentioned earlier, Boner might be too chickenshit to cross the wingnuts his own caucus to go to it.

I believe it to be happening as I type this.....and I doubt Boner is frightened by anything the Kenyan has to bring....this meeting like all the others will result in Barry getting everybody arguing with each other. He will pretend to listen, remind everybody he's the president so they'll stop laughing at him, and the meeting will end with nothing happening. Barry will then sneak away from Moochelle's withering stare to grab a round of golf (which he sucks at).

Last edited:

I believe it to be happening as I type this.....and I doubt Boner is frightened by anything the Kenyan has to bring....this meeting like all the others will result in Barry getting everybody arguing with each other. He will pretend to listen, remind everybody he's the president so they'll stop laughing at him, and the meeting will end with nothing happening. Barry will then sneak away from Moochelle's withering stare to grab a round of golf (which he sucks at).

Is there some rule that idiot nutters MUST take us on weird literary journeys....only to be left disappointed and unamused?

Can we get at least one funny nutter to start posting here? Please?

Forum List

Back